Thread: Clasko the Clueless: What If He Stays a Knight?

Default Clasko the Clueless: What If He Stays a Knight?

I know, that's not the most burning question in the game, but it's one of the few mysteries I haven't solved.

I'm putting together a complete script with all the little nitty-gritties, mostly for obsessive compulsive fanfic writers like myself who prefer to have our backstory and side-characters well-grounded.

The one thing I can't find: if you tell poor Clasko to stay a chocobo knight, is there ever another scene with him, or is that it? If you tell him to become a chocobo breeder he winds up working on the S.S. Winno. Has anyone ever found his "alternate ending," and if so, where should I look?

I've been traipsing all over Spira with a No-Enc weapon, from Besaid to Bikanel, the Auroch's Locker Room to Zanarkand, and I have yet to find the poor clod.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Have you tried the two SSes? The ships? I believe that he is on one of the ships, complaining about being a Knight if you tell him to stay.

EDIT: Okay, ignore that link, it does not provide alternates. I do recall he will be on the ship regardless of choice.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Regardless of what path he takes in FFX, he's totally given up on the military career by FFX-2. Due to creative laziness, he's still wearing the same clothing and even his armour, but he's taken over the Monster Arena and turned it into a chocobo ranch. He's now a chocobo breeder, which presumably means that he breeds chocobos, rather than breeding with chocobos - though with Clasko it's hard to tell.

I always worried about that terminology as well.

I've played X-2 through once or twice to get the so-called Perfect Game but it just doesn't work for me like FFX did.

And D'oh! I should have said the S.S. Liki, not the Winno!

Hrm. I keep retracing the pilgrimage route from Besaid to Zanarkand after each event, including both fereis, but no luck so far. In the "chocobo breeder" story arc, Clasko's on the Liki the first time you take it after Zanarkand. He's not there yet in the "remaining a knight" story arc, but I'll play the whole thing through to be sure.

What a silly thing to be fussing about, but for me, the "perfect game" isn't maxing all my stats (been there, done that) but rather, seeing every bit of dialog.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Why would anyone want to write a fanfic about Clasko, possibly one of the most annoying characters ever?
    jkhkjg

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought he was adorable

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hey Auronlu * waves *
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Why would anyone want to write a fanfic about Clasko, possibly one of the most annoying characters ever?
    Because they want to?

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarmiglione View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Because they want to?
    Eh, he just seems like a really boring unappealing character to me. Oh well.
    jkhkjg

Why do people try and play a whole game of Final Fantasy only using one character, or No Sphere Grid? There are many mysteries to fandom.

Me, I'm just trying to make sure my complete script really is complete.

And I have seen one good fanfic with Clasko, scarily enough. Fanficcers can write about just about anything and make it very very good... or, more often, very very bad.

Hey there, Ren.

Crossover Project Elf Agent0042's Avatar

For the record, I don't think there is an alternate Clasko scenario if you told him to remain a knight. I've explored the game pretty thoroughly and I've never seen any, nor have I seen any reference to one somewhere online.

Major KH fan, huge fan of TV's Amazing Race and Rodney's Amazing FF Race fanfic!
    "Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her." - Fang

Sorry can't help and I happen to think Clasko's a hopeless dork. But I admire your mission - its just as worthy (perhaps more so) than stat building or side quests. Good luck with yr next fic, where ru publishing it?

Thanks everyone for chiming in... I think I've really and truly concluded that I'm done with poor hapless Clasko.

And having seen that gay thread in the EoFF forum, I will say that the one Clasko/O'aka story I have ever seen is one of the most amusing bits of crackfic out there, so you just never know.

Not I plan to try and become the first ever Lulu/Shelinda slasher, or something. *eyetwitch*

Cally777 -- my stuff is a little scattered right now, but most of it's archived on Ficwad.

By the way, I finished the complete script I was working on -- even gave dialog from a few extra scenes to Shotgunnova, the author of the great but not-quite-enough-for-me "Complete script" that's on gameFAQ -- and I've found stuff even he doesn't have. Though he's got the blitzball player "pink slip" section which I'm not going to bother to duplicate.

But anyway. The uber-complete and web-browser-friendly FFX Complete Script for your delectation!

You can browse it by chapter or download the whole shebang. You can hide/show optional dialog with npcs, minor characters like Luzzu and Lucil, and/or optional dialog with the party members when they're all standing around. All the quotes from the Monster Arena and Celestial Weapons quests. Fayth conversations. Alternate hidden cutscenes with Luzzu, Gatta, Dona, O'aka, Clasko, and Tromell near the game's end. Stuff.

And finally, the main reason I did this is because I started noticing that many npcs have their own mini story arcs, and Shotgunnova's script only identifies them with generic "man" or "woman" or "crusader" so it's hard to follow them through the game. I'm adding screencaps of all the extras.

By the time I got done with this, the random villagers in Besaid were as real to me as the party members are for many players. The old coot with his loom. The mopey woman in the green skirt who's in shock from having lost her previous home to Sin. Yuna's little friend who's innocently waiting for her to return. And there's folks like that in Kilika and Luca as well, and some recurring Crusaders.

It adds an extra layer to the game, at least for me, and I hope it will for some other folks. Enjoy!

Crossover Project Elf Agent0042's Avatar

Wow, it's really good. I'll definitely be reading it, as time permits. However, I hope you don't mind me saying that I think you missed one thing. On the final battle with Seymour, if you summon Anima - "You would oppose me as well? So be it!"

Major KH fan, huge fan of TV's Amazing Race and Rodney's Amazing FF Race fanfic!
    "Pulse and Cocoon can rot for all I care. If I don't figure out our Focus soon... Vanille's gonna be a Cie'th. I'll tear down the sky if it'll save her." - Fang