Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamespot gone a little greedy?

Blog Entries

Though his review on that specific game does seem like the most likely cause, loads of people on the GameFAQs boards have been ragging on his reviews lately, especially on Nintendo boards. Since the 2 sites are linked, the complaints may have played another factor.

But both of these things shouldn't even be factors by any means. Reviews are about stating your opinion on something, and not appealing to a certain crowd, or advertising for someone. His being fired should be under entirely different circumstances.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I love how one of the threads spelt the name 'Gertsman' rather than Gerstmann. Must be a huge fan of the guy to not even know his name xD
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I've noticed they give 7.0 scores and higher to outright bad games all the time, so I'm not at all surprised that bribery is involved and that any mild criticism is stifled.

Omikron the Nomad Soul was a great game in my opinion, but back in 1999 when it was released it was given 6.0. Now games that are much worse are given much more generous scores. The site started out as being true to the reviewers opinions until it became this, where below average games like Terminator the Redemption are given 7.2!