Thread: Fan made Final Fantasy Games

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default Fan made Final Fantasy Games

Does anyone know where I can find any good quality fan made Final Fantasy game?

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

I'm not sure they exist
    jkhkjg

Dammit! If it weren't for the words 'good' and 'quality' I'd have been able to help you.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

If one existed, square enix would have eaten them alive.

There are no 'good' or 'quality' fan made games (mainly because all the little fan made ones are made with some pre-built crappy little engine like RPG Maker or Game Maker).

There was a team doing a 3D remake for Chrono Trigger that looked quite promising (though a bit stale for my taste). However, Square-Enix shut them down.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

There was also a team doing a 3d FFVII (with RM2K O_O!), Looked amazing!

I think his computer broke or something, so he gave up, it's a shame... It looked really promising.

RPG Maker projects only suck because the people who make games with it suck. It's actually a pretty cool engine that anyone half-way talented could do something great with. Only said talented people would probably rather code the game themselves in C++, which just leaves a whole bunch of 15 year olds making Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts cross over games (think about that for a second) with sprites they found on the internet.

Exactly, you could make something heaps better with C++ or an even easier language such as C# which with the XNA framework makes it easier to understand games programming.

But coding isn't everything, you really need artists and team leaders to get even a hobbyist project moving constantly in the right direction.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Supermillionaire. :P