Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Player Contribution Thread

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Player Contribution Thread

Here you can post creatures, animals, plantlife, and other things you want to see in Eizon. Be as fantastic as you wish, but we do ask for detailed descriptions of how the creatures act and where they live. I will never reject a creature unless it's obviously not intended to actually see play, but I will ask for more information on it before it's accepted. Depending on the detail level of the creature, you will get some money for "discovering" it.

It's also a good idea to make creatures that live in your area so you can send your mediators out to tame them and use them for whatever it is you need them for.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I guess I'll add the lists of Wildlife that I am making.

Edit: New list, plains/Grasslands

Edit2: New list, Forests

Edit3: New list mountains.

Edit4: New list Arctic.
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 12-05-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

As I said in the other thread. Elepharoos(cross between Elephant and Kangaroo), Bumblion(Bumblebee crossed with Lion) and Wyverns are native to my land and even ol' Nessy is swimming in me waters :D

Bumblions are half the size of a normal lion, but have intense speed. The end of their tail has a stinger and they have wings to fly about if they so wish. These wings to not take them far though. Think of their flying capabilities as a step above chicken. More like a fast hover. They are carnivorous.

Elepharoos are shaped more like a big kangaroo. The charging abilities of an elephant along with the tusks and trunk. The powerful legs make it great for a quick spring at an enemy. They are fairly docile and are herbivores.

Wyverns are pretty much what they are. Dragons that roam the skies and hunt from above. Nothing special here...just wveryns.

Ol' Nessy is of course the fabled lochness monster :D Very few have seen it but as technology grows we hope to prove it's existence and clone them for underwater supremacy :D

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I don't know what use it might be, but I did a rough (very rough) sketch of my country, Vaelgard.

This is surprisingly fun. I wish I knew why...
    Last edited by Nominus Experse; 10-31-2008 at 01:35 AM.

Oh yeah.

Bumblions area delicacy for the rich to eat. Great source of food but due to their speed, hard to catch.

Elepharoos are wanted for their ivory tusks.

New creatures:

Tyranomoth(cross between T Rex and Mammoth). Shaped like a T-Rex but with the demeanor and fur of a Mammoth. These woolly creatures are also herbivores and their fur is a main export of our country.

Freasel - Frog like weasel. These amphibians are shaped and move like a weasel but have the skin and habits of a front. Super stretchy tongue for eating insects.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Another list of wildlife. The desert.

Edit: I put all of the species unique to countries in a separate list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by qwertysaur; 12-05-2007 at 08:58 AM.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Been working on some of the aquatic creatures in my region:

Grevmoore:

Large, multi-finned , predatory fish of the northern coasts. A unique property of the grevmoore is that they have unusually long, slender bodies and tails: their muscular tails often times account for almost half their length and bulk. Such tails are needed in order to catch prey, as well to evade predators, such as the huarkemnell and mirgran eel.
    Male species commonly reach lengths of 67 centimeters and weigh 11.49 kilograms; female specimens reach lengths of 54 centimeters and a weight of 8.46. Males have a dark blue and black pattern along their backs, a white underbelly, and vibrant vermillion markings along their eyes and gills.

Grevmoore commonly feed on smaller fishes (such as the feldon and flinscythe), the eggs of the unique aquatic creature nathir, and supplements its diet with seaweed and emberour kelp.

Vaelgardian luirana manta:

Larger, genetic variant of the common luirana manta. This form of the luirana has forgone the idea of a poisonous stinger as a method of defense, and has instead formed plates of chitin around various areas of its increased bulk. Due to the frigid waters of Vaelgard, this version of the luirana has increased its bulk and developed a thick layer of fat around its body. Although usually found to be moving quite slowly, the manta can sprint short distances – hoping desperately to find a safe niche in a rock face.

Males commonly grow to a size of 26.34 kilograms, and females many times reach a weight of 20.89 kilograms. Both sexes have cerulean backs, pearl underbellies with black spots, and deep violet tails. The only difference between male and female marking lies in the wing tips: males have vibrant violet tips.

Vaelgardian luirana manta feed on small ocean life (such as the serean plankton and budina minnow).

Feldon
    The feldon is a docile, medium sized fish that is considered a delicacy in most areas of the world.

Thianmathra

The thianmathra is a larger, more aggressive relative of the hydro dragon of warmer climates. This beast of the icy deep is armed with large, imposing teeth, which it uses for hunting and combative behavior. The beast also has four limbs, of which have large fins and claws to aid in the creature’s propulsion and combat, respectively. A pointed ridge of bones lines the creature’s back, which acts as armour.

Male specimens average a length of 11.58 metres and weigh 843.26 kilograms; females measure 10.11 metres and weigh 792.14 kilograms. Females are coloured a dark violet-blue with a light blue underside and lining around the mouth. Males are pearl white with crimson markings along their limbs and eyes. Native legends nickname the creature “Pale of the Deep”.

Thianmathra feed on various species of whales, sharks, klimfaer.
    There are very few thianmathra, and they live extraordinarily long lives (470 or more years of age). Only a handful have ever been found dead, and even less slain by men. Although slaying such a creature would grant the victor a fortune, the price of one’s own life is too high of a risk for any sane man.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ill draw my nation later.. im not very good though

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You guys have really gotten into the spirit of the game. All of those things are really well done and are now canon parts of this world. 5,000 gil to each of you for each creation.

Blog Entries

Abegus - A winged horse creature. Said to live only in the high mountains. This is a creature of legend. There have only been reports of white Abegus. Their wings are over 6 feet wide and it can reach an air speed of over 100 miles/hour. Generally shy away from any race. Their feathers are rumoured to contain large amounts of Magicite. Impossible to capture for any PC player with a rank lower than 6, or an NPC player with a rank lower than 8. When trained can fly their masters everywhere in matters of hours.

Micuto - a small insect found in forests. They are also called the farmhouse pest, for they eat the stem of newly formed plants. A Zabbite's favorite food.

Moon flower - a mysterious flower that only blooms when there is a full moon. Its beautifull blue color gives inspiration to many artists. It is theorized that sunlight is too harsh a light for this flower, as it is rumoured to wither in a solar eclips. Only ever appeared on Judge island and the north region of the Empire.
    Last edited by Aerith's Knight; 12-05-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Plant life

Ironwood – This tree lives for such a long time that it has been undetermined just how long they actually do live. One has yet to be chopped down due to the Iron nature of the tree but with technological advancements, it is hoped that this tree could become a valuable nature resource.

Druista – This plant can only be found in dark caves and heavily overshadowed forests. Sunlight hurts it and gets it source of power from darkness. Not much is known about this plant and how it actually operates due to limitations of being able to study it without light. Hopefully one day we can learn how it creates energy from darkness.

Nirasta – A tree that grows to be about 20 feet tall and produces fruit. The fruit is sweet and juicy yet it is shaped like a bloated star fish.

Whey – Whey is a fast growing grain that is easy to cultivate and durable. Whey can be used to make many different foods from bread to cakes.

Illuminous trees and flowers – This unique family of trees and flowers come in many shapes and sizes. They have a curious trait in that they capture the light during the day and then at night time their leaves glow and emit their stored energy.
    • Psalm Tree – Looks like a palm tree, but this tree lights up the night sky in more tropical regions of the world. It also produces light berries.
    • Rainbow Rose – A rose which is hard to grow but it has a unique trait in that it has exactly 12 petals that form a rainbow around the flower. Each petal emits their color glow at night making it a very romantic flower.
    • Hot turquoise – This flower lives in shallow waters and lights up the ocean fronts at night. Many snails and smaller creatures flock to the light as a means of protection from their predators.
    • Napalm – A flower which has trouble opening up. During the bloom season, it is recommended that you stay away from said flowers. They continually get bigger and bigger and store more and more energy until finally it all gets released in an explosive bloom. The plant is instantly burned but the pollens are released into the air to mix and create new Napalm every year.
    • Alpha – Said to be the first of tree of the Illuminous family, it is a northern evergreen. Christmas has never been so easy to light up :D
    • Cracktus – A desert cactus that lights up at night, but due to no leaves, all the energy is stored inside the base of the plant. It has spikes just like any other cactus but these will shock you and electrocute those who touch it.

Spine Vines – Said to have a mind of their own, they move and attack. Their vines are located all over the planet and produce a delicious vegetable. The vegetable is does not come cheap though as the plant guards them as to grow more vines. They have been kept under control through natural means. Insects love the taste and have helped to keep them in check through out history. Some farmers even like to plant a few vines around the crops to prevent insects from eating their crops.

Incidiary Mantis – This is a living plant. It roams around volcanic areas and is resistant to the lava and heat of the area. It is of no harm to anyone and dies rather quick of the temperature cools down. What makes it is resistant to such powerful heat though?

Flow weed – This weed has only ever been found washed up on the shores. Through chance it was brought into a dark forest by a traveler who fell into the water. At that moment the weed came back to life. Seemed to swim and stay in the same general area through the current of the stream. Due to the extremely dark forest, it is assumed to have the same powers as Druista, by drawing energy from darkness. Due to it being a water plant, it is assumed to live near the depths of the ocean.

This world is creative to the max :D
    Last edited by edczxcvbnm; 12-05-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Blog Entries

your illuminous trees is the death flower or heavens mirror in eternal sonata.. only the name is diff.. and that its a tree instead of a flower.. for the rest they are exactly the same

I assume Eternal Sonata is a videogame for some system but I can't be bothered to look it up now. And here I was thinking I was creative XP

Also Illiminous tree and flower is just a classification. They are not actually plants. Everything listed underneith is a plant under the order of illiminous tree/flower.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Arcolyph

Small, humanoid creatures (averaging 6 inches tall) that resemble forest pixies with a pouch on their abdomen similar to a kangaroo. Dwelling in deeply wooded areas, Arcolyphs are trouble-makers and hoarders. They have a chameleon's camoflauge effect and are able to group together into a shape that is often mistaken as an actual tree. Playing tricks on those who are unfamiliar with the area, they steal and magically shrink their new "belongings" to keep in their pouches. They create and use Arco Dust for this reason (to shrink items).

Lyra

Giant, stubby worms. Their size is easily comparable to the mass of an average chocobo; almost bloblike. Generally subterranean, they eat all types of rock formations (Meteos and Hard Stones being delicacies of sorts) as well as the occasional plantlife. Massive tunnels and labyrinths underground are sometimes made by these creatures, but more commonly they will consume the earth in a way that fashions pits or holes. Lyrae ooze their waste out of their hides, which changes in properties depending on their rock diet.

Fal Fal

Native bird of Falowyn. They have dark green feathers, black beaks, and are roughly the size of a common owl, looking more like a falcon. They prey on large rodents in woodlands and plains. Recognized for their trademark birdcall, "Fal Fal."
    Last edited by oddler; 12-06-2007 at 02:24 AM.

Monktapusatial – This is a cross between monkey, reptile and octopus. No legs, 8 tails, and is a reptile. Very domesticated and make great pets. They can be found swinging in trees in the forests.

Hell Penguins – Penguins that swim in lava/magma of volcanoes. They love to eat the Incidiary Mantis as its main food source. They have razor sharp teeth and will attack if threatened.

Meteos – This is a creature made out of rocks. It does not eat and only moves if it feels that there is a threat abound. It is extremely strong and is made up of detached rocks that are held together by its own consciousness. It lives in the mountainous regions of the world and can even be found near volcanoes.

I think I have a thing for dangerous creatures XD