Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Popularity I laugh in your face!

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Popularity I laugh in your face!

What makes popular these days?

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

Its you guessed it! SPAM!

What the hell is the big deal with all these users that rarely contribute anything more to a topic other than some supposedly witty remark which actually has nothing to do with anything?

I mean out of the the most popular members on this forum about 50% of them appear to spam more than contribute whilst the other 50% possibly contribute all of one or two posts...and are they thought provoking and insightful? Often not unforutunately.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, incredibly witty, respectful or even a great contributor...but shouldn't the users we deem popular/famous be?

Whats worse is that the REAL intelligence and contribution of this site comes from greatly undervalued members such as Yeargdribble (who is no doubt respected and not UNPOPULAR but he definately isn't famous either) who 95% of the time contributes something to the topic, instead of vearing a topic off course.

Another point is also that the admins don't seem to be doing thier job correctly as 90% of the time spam go's either unnoticed or unpunished.
    Whats worse is that members of staff THEMSELVES popular as they are spam more/equally to what they contribute.

Now I'm not saying spam is intolerable and should be eradicated...but couldn't we just keep it reasonable folks? But it's abit much when most of the popular members of this forum are spammers and use themes such as Christmas' "Lets pretend that I don't know what grammer is just so I can be popular like Phychotic!".

Is this what EOFF has become? Is this just a popularity ratrace in which the popular spam like crazy and the reasonable members get left behind?

P.S. Before anyone even insinuates it, I'm not jealous because of not winning a Ciddie or anything like that because if thats what a Ciddie means/rewards then I want no part of it anyway.

Other people may call me grumpy or call me hateful towards others with more popularity of my own, but the thing is if popularity is gained by this behavior do I WANT to be popular?

I'm not popular no doubt, I'll probabaly never will be...but I wish the good members of this forum would get the popularity they deserve.

This forum reminds me of Highschool and thats not a good thing.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

To long, didn't read lol <!-- Lol, btw who the hell are you? -->

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There is a reason why Loony BoB win best member every year.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

You should have put this in EoEO...you're just totally asking for it now >.o

*waits*

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

"Lets pretend that I don't know what grammer is just so I can be popular like Phychotic!".
    This is wonderful. Thank you.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs at night, and they make me and my siblings draw Cloud x Sephiroth hentai to sell each day. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accepted on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life... to escape the harsh restricting uncaring walls of my life, to spread my wings and soar...

Goodbye. :kaocry2:

Life in general has a fascination with assholes.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Blog Entries

*spams thread to gain popularity*

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Srsly, who is this dude?

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs to get buy. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accept on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life...

So someone tries to be serious about something and you spam it up with severe sarcasm?

This is what I'm on about!

This post contributes NOTHING, all it does is try to make a mockery of what I'm trying to discuss.

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ha! HA HA HAHA HA!

A lot of the popular members are also really smart and funny. Maybe you just don't see that. But you can't generalize popular people the way you're doing, cause it's pretty erroneous and not actually true.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    *spams thread to gain popularity*
    Shads, there's nothing you can do to increase your popularity. Rider and Rydia take care of that.

I agree with the OP. Mostly because the internet are serious businezz.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What makes popularity in EoFF:

1. Lots of posts
    1a. Being nice to people
    1b. Being an ass and making people amused
    1c. Being a complete noob and making people amused
    1d. Contributive/intelligent posts

2. Outside communication
    2a. Usernotes
    2b. MSN/AIM/LJ/games/anything else

3. Become RSL o_o

Note that all the sub-1s go under lots of posts. You're never going to be popular if no one notices you. Yeargdribble may make the best posts on earth, but I hardly ever see him post and I don't remember a single post he's made. Contribution and intelligence still get you popularity, but the most of the members who make solely "contributive and intelligent" posts simply don't post enough. Think about how popular and well known The Captain was when he was still around. I <3 that guy. ^_^

And if you want complete seriousness, this should be in EoEO :P

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Impurity View Post
    You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs to get buy. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accept on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life...

So someone tries to be serious about something and you spam it up with severe sarcasm?

This is what I'm on about!

This post contributes NOTHING, all it does is try to make a mockery of what I'm trying to discuss.

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?
    You post stupid threads, you get stupid answers.

Now, go hang out with 30 year-olds Mr. Mature.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs at night, and they make me and my siblings draw Cloud x Sephiroth hentai to sell each day. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accepted on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life... to escape the harsh restricting uncaring walls of my life, to spread my wings and soar...

Oh Rye... my poor, sweet, wing-clipped Rye. I know how you feel. I make my living by the same means. I worked it out once - it takes seven Tifa breasts, or nineteen Aeris breasts, for me to afford a loaf of bread. I power my computer by pedelling on a bicycle for fifteen hours a day. It earns me about twenty minutes of computer power, if I leave the monitor off.