Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Popularity I laugh in your face!

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

I was under the impression all these years that General Chat was the spam forum.

Have I been mistaken..?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

No, this actually is high school. And now that the Knights found out you were running your mouth, you'll be spitting out urinal cake chunks and teeth for the next week. Go see if Site Staff will let you into the AV room to hide out!

holy way for half of the forum to all post at once.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Impurity View Post
    What makes popular these days?

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

Its you guessed it! SPAM!

What the hell is the big deal with all these users that rarely contribute anything more to a topic other than some supposedly witty remark which actually has nothing to do with anything?

I mean out of the the most popular members on this forum about 50% of them appear to spam more than contribute whilst the other 50% possibly contribute all of one or two posts...and are they thought provoking and insightful? Often not unforutunately.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, incredibly witty, respectful or even a great contributor...but shouldn't the users we deem popular/famous be?

Whats worse is that the REAL intelligence and contribution of this site comes from greatly undervalued members such as Yeargdribble (who is no doubt respected and not UNPOPULAR but he definately isn't famous either) who 95% of the time contributes something to the topic, instead of vearing a topic off course.

Another point is also that the admins don't seem to be doing thier job correctly as 90% of the time spam go's either unnoticed or unpunished.
    Whats worse is that members of staff THEMSELVES popular as they are spam more/equally to what they contribute.

Now I'm not saying spam is intolerable and should be eradicated...but couldn't we just keep it reasonable folks? But it's abit much when most of the popular members of this forum are spammers and use themes such as Christmas' "Lets pretend that I don't know what grammer is just so I can be popular like Phychotic!".

Is this what EOFF has become? Is this just a popularity ratrace in which the popular spam like crazy and the reasonable members get left behind?

P.S. Before anyone even insinuates it, I'm not jealous because of not winning a Ciddie or anything like that because if thats what a Ciddie means/rewards then I want no part of it anyway.

Other people may call me grumpy or call me hateful towards others with more popularity of my own, but the thing is if popularity is gained by this behavior do I WANT to be popular?

I'm not popular no doubt, I'll probabaly never will be...but I wish the good members of this forum would get the popularity they deserve.

This forum reminds me of Highschool and thats not a good thing.
    Spam doesn't make you popular. It makes people hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

What the hell is the big deal with all these users that rarely contribute anything more to a topic other than some supposedly witty remark which actually has nothing to do with anything?

I mean out of the the most popular members on this forum about 50% of them appear to spam more than contribute whilst the other 50% possibly contribute all of one or two posts...and are they thought provoking and insightful? Often not unforutunately.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, incredibly witty, respectful or even a great contributor...but shouldn't the users we deem popular/famous be?

Whats worse is that the REAL intelligence and contribution of this site comes from greatly undervalued members such as Yeargdribble (who is no doubt respected and not UNPOPULAR but he definately isn't famous either) who 95% of the time contributes something to the topic, instead of vearing a topic off course.

Another point is also that the admins don't seem to be doing thier job correctly as 90% of the time spam go's either unnoticed or unpunished.
    Whats worse is that members of staff THEMSELVES popular as they are spam more/equally to what they contribute.

Now I'm not saying spam is intolerable and should be eradicated...but couldn't we just keep it reasonable folks? But it's abit much when most of the popular members of this forum are spammers and use themes such as Christmas' "Lets pretend that I don't know what grammer is just so I can be popular like Phychotic!".

Is this what EOFF has become? Is this just a popularity ratrace in which the popular spam like crazy and the reasonable members get left behind?

P.S. Before anyone even insinuates it, I'm not jealous because of not winning a Ciddie or anything like that because if thats what a Ciddie means/rewards then I want no part of it anyway.

Other people may call me grumpy or call me hateful towards others with more popularity of my own, but the thing is if popularity is gained by this behavior do I WANT to be popular?

I'm not popular no doubt, I'll probabaly never will be...but I wish the good members of this forum would get the popularity they deserve.

Unless you're Psychotic, then you have to throw in a pinch of hatred of everyone.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs to get buy. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accept on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life...

Goodbye. :kaocry2:
    So someone tries to be serious about something and you spam it up with severe sarcasm?

This is what I'm on about!

This post contributes NOTHING, all it does is try to make a mockery of what I'm trying to discuss.

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?
    You post stupid threads, you get stupid answers.

Now, go hang out with 30 year-olds Mr. Mature.

It isn't a stupid thread I'm pointing out a serious problem with the way percieve "popularity" and how it is often achieved.

P.S. What kind of insult is "Mr. Mature"? It's more of a compliment in my opinion!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rengori View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Poetically Pathetic View Post

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

Unless you're Psychotic, then you have to throw in a pinch of hatred of everyone.
    I'm not picky.

EDIT: Fatal Impurity, STFU. 'Mr. Mature' was meant to be sarcastic, a concept you seem to be hopelessly unable to grasp.

It isn't a stupid thread I'm pointing out a serious problem with the way percieve "popularity" and how it is often achieved.
    Again, look at real life. How many "popular" people are nice, intelligent people?

And Jojee, you forgot to put posting pictures of yourself with boobs or azn-ness showing.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Let me tell you a story, Mr. Impunity. When I was a newbie, I had a chip on my shoulder about popularity and elitism, and I'm sure some of you can remember it. Certain people were popular and received plaudits, and I didn't. What the heck was going on? Wasn't I good enough? I'm better than these people, surely? Winning Mr. EoFF ( bring it back), an anonymous contest only served to fuel my strange thoughts. But here's the thing. I wasn't,better than them, because I was a stupid little jackoff who cared about such stupid things as forum popularity. Fact is, the people I disliked had made so many more contributions to EoFF than I had.

So I stopped, sat back and realised popularity meant nothing. EoFF was just a fun place to have a laugh on, and I could enjoy it without winning a bajillion Ciddies and so on and so forth. And now I feel I've contributed and proved my worth (if you want to say I haven't, okay, but the people who matter know how hard I work for this place) and here I am, Evil Cid's Knight and Naughty Popularity Whore. I was wrong. Just let it go, man. It's not good for you, take it from me.

Now, as for your comments that everyone spams and it's evil...well maybe you should stop and think about that. If a large majority of people think these posts are good and contributing, maybe it's you who is wrong, and not them. Or maybe...nobody is wrong. Maybe they're just having fun. If you find posts like yeargdribble's to be of more worth than mine, hang out in EoEO more and you'll find it a lot more enjoyable.

Can I get back to my worthless spam now please?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs to get buy. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accept on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life...

Goodbye. :kaocry2:
    So someone tries to be serious about something and you spam it up with severe sarcasm?

This is what I'm on about!

This post contributes NOTHING, all it does is try to make a mockery of what I'm trying to discuss.

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?
    You post stupid threads, you get stupid answers.

Now, go hang out with 30 year-olds Mr. Mature.

P.S. What kind of insult is "Mr. Mature"? It's more of a compliment in my opinion!
    I stopped reading there.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Again, look at real life. How many "popular" people are nice, intelligent people?

And Jojee, you forgot to put posting pictures of yourself with boobs or azn-ness showing.
    I'm not popular, yet I CAN be nice and I'm intelligent. A fair trade-off if you ask me. I'd rather be unpopular than stupid anyday.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good thing I don't do any of that, especially the azn-ness part. ^-^;

Edit: Whoa wtf response to Rengori, stop posting at 20 miles a second everyone. xD

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You can leave this forum like me if you want, life goes on with or without it. I intend to go after RSL's day, wanna join me?

EDIT: God, there were so much drama back in those days. lol

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    You can leave this forum like me if you want, life goes on with or without it. I intend to go after RSL's day, wanna join me?
    Why!? ;_;

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know a lot of popular people who are amazing sweet and smart people. My best friend in the entire world was on homecoming court and was Prom queen in High School and she is the most caring person, EVER.

So yeah, don't be haters.