Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is Art to you???

Default what is Art to you???

Art what is it ??? and What does it mean to you ???

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Something pleasant to look at. It could be a drawing, a painting, a computer drawn image...as long as it's pleasing. Something like Picasso is not pleasant to look at in my opinion.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

i like to draw what i draw is art in my eyes. and i hate anything abstract cause people whip paint at a canvas and call it art. also actual photagraphy not a black and white picture of a lawn chair with dew drops thats not photagraphy or art. photagraphy such as land scapes or animals out in nature.

EDIT: also christmas's comic she made back in the day (on a wednesday)
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

A toilet with a persons name on it apparently.

Audio: Something which tries to use the songwriter's expeirences and music to pull at your emotions, to get you to think, to get you to question, and it usually works better if structured in more than a verse-chorus-verse pattern.

Visual: Something which pleases the eyes and also provokes some sort of thought or feeling in me.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

something that looks pretty or means something (or both) or is a way to grow, I guess.

abstract can be an endeavor to explore the effects of certain styles .

Maybe a more concise definition is something that is given semantic meaning. Like you look at it and it has an inherent meaning attributed to it by something. program/web code can fall under this. The zen minimalistic or now-fashionable semantic web-coding is art compared to the jumbled mess enacted by hacking code to make it work for IE xD (Note the actual design of the layout is completely independent of the code in its own right). A toilet seat with a name on it can be given an inherent meaning by someone, maybe implying the bearer of the name is worth for example!

It's a very broad definition, but having come up with it on the spot, I'm satisfied with it 8)

(another example of the 'way to grow' definition: when you're working math problems for school, if you really love and are proud of the math and you just want to show it to everyone, all of the 60 mundane problems you worked, that's art, compared to the worksheet you complete because you simply want to get a grade. In parallel, art created for the sake of creating art without attributing anything to it is not art. And that might be why I only got a 2 on my ap art portfolio 8))

As I see it visual art can be roughly described in two different ways. One is that art is something that is aestheticly pleasing and beautiful to look at, another is that art is something that provokes you, moves you, challenges your mind/opion and your perception of what you thought was art up until that point, and something that makes you see matters from a different perspective. It can be difficult to label art and catagorize it, but as I see it this is a simple way of doing it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That which is designed.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    That which is designed.
    Thats a coolw ay of oputting it
    jkhkjg

Art is the creation of beautiful things. It's anything from music to writing to painting.
    To me... art is one big emotion (with many personalities)
    Art is hearing a piece of music that makes you cry, not because it's a sad song, but because it touches you in that way.
    Reading something that someone wrote weather it's lyrics a poem or just a story... and knowing that you understand them on a deeper level, wondering "What has this person gone through that possesses them to write in such a way?"
    Standing in an silent art building looking at paintings and drawings, and yet in the silence you begin to hear music, like it's actually coming from the painting, then unspoken words come to your mind...
    That's what art is to me.

Art is something I appreciate and can look at and think about.

Art to me is balancing a pen on a can of coke and then screaming out "MODERN ART!!!!"

Cheers to Polaris for the set!

Final Fantasy's completed: I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

Personally i feel art has to meet one of two criteria;

1) aesthetically/aurally pleasing OR
    2) challenging
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

.... art .... beautiful ...yet not accepted .... ugly without structure yet in the mind of the creator is becoming the image , imprint , the self expression of the very breath of life the beginning of momentum the ending of collision with out the doubt of failure art... in is self existing state came forth from a self existing creator ... the alpha and omega ... the first and last .... the colors of illumination reflecting off ....uttering darkness ... pure light ..... in other words ..it can't be seen ...