oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Don't we all?

Quote Originally Posted by 1up.com
    Though the screenshot doesn't answer this question outright, we can confirm that the game's graphics are polygonal but the gameplay is strictly 2D. There will be new moves, locations, and gameplay features, while the standard six button control scheme remains. Ryu and Ken return along with Chun-Li and Dhalsim, but beyond that the character roster is a mystery. And then there's the issue of what platform(s) the game will end up on, which at this point Capcom is keeping close to its chest (if you search 1UP's database, you'll find listings for arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but those are just guesses based on the graphical quality).

The graphics look ok, im not really floored by the art style though. In some respects im disappointed by it. Its the gameplay that matters I guess. Hopefully it will retain the fluid animations from Street Fighter 3, but im not holding my breath.

Lets just give this game a chance, without judging it far too early.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Hopefully it will retain the fluid animations from Street Fighter 3, but im not holding my breath.
    It should, being 3D and all.

Man, isn't Ryu ever gonna get more, I dunno, interesting? He's one of the most unoriginal main heroes ever.

This will be awesome; it's nice the Street Fighters in their own game again. It'd be nice if they did a complete roster with every single character from the previous games like MK Armageddon, only this time without just borrowing other characters' secondary movesets for them.

This "screenshot" is totally underwhelming for me, but I suppose it's too early to pass any judgements.

I'll just continue waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spiderman View Post
    What I'm interested to know is the character roster, and how many characters are in the game, maybe 24-30?.
    I'd love to see many comebacks, specially Cammy.
    I'm pretty sure it's going to be a brand new cast, as it always has been for each numerical increment in the series. Of course they'll probably keep the typical carry-overs, Ken, Ryu, Chun-Li, Akuma, etc. I'm actually hoping for a smaller cast this time, I'd like to see them take more time balancing a smaller cast than adding a bunch of new characters into the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    Hopefully they will tell us whether it is 2D or 3D. And what console/s it will be on. Thats the only infomation im asking for, the rest they can keep to themselves.
    If it's 3D I'll cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Spiderman View Post
    I think they'll first release it on arcades.

And, I hope it'll released on the PS3 later.

I heard somewhere that the graphics will be like the Okami game. What do you think?
    Arcade is all that matters. The "teaser trailer" for the game featured a short brawl between Ken & Ryu that was done in 3D watercolor-looking art, very much like Okami. However, I highly doubt that it was meant to reflect the actual look or feel of the game, and tend to think it was more focused on letting people know that Street Fighter 4 was definitely coming.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a weird or traditional watercolor art style, but 3D would totally kill it for me.
    What about 2.5D? The game will feature 2D action with 3D backgrounds, similar to Marvel vs Capcom 2.
    Is that your final answer?

While I do like my 3D fighters, I am happy this one is 2D strangely. Makes for a different experience.

Last Street fighter I enjoyed was Alpha 2. That one kicked ass. LEts just hope this one will be good.

3D and 2D fighters are definitely very different. Two different subgenres in the same genre that give two very different feels when you play them. I don't even like to compare them.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dhalsim? Who cares about Dhalsim?! If they're bringing folks back then they clearly need Guile, E. Honda, and Sagat the most.

Blog Entries

What about Blanka? He was fun to use.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    It's not just about the control scheme, it's about the environment and competition. It's about playing an arcade game in an arcade. It's sort of a social thing, but ultimately a distinct type of enjoyment that is certainly not attainable by playing games at home, by yourself or exclusively with friends.

It isn't that I'm opposed to home versions, but I don't really have any interest in them aside from practice. If you haven't played your favorite fighting games competitively at the arcade, you're really missing out on something special.

Arcades get no love these days.
    Specially in Australia.

I remember when hordes of people use to gather around the Tekken Machine/DDR Machine(s) and watch xD... Now it's reallllll dead, at least on the Gold Coast.

Well, there's always 3rd Strike.