Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 vs. Xbox 360

Get a 360 if you want to play good games right now. Get a PS3 if you want to play them in the future. And you like your consoles to not overheat and die.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    As for rumble, the Dualshock 3 is only out in Japan right now. Some of the PS3's current software is already rumble compatible. Future software releases will likely have automatic system updates included on the disc.--
    I think you're mistaken. My controller is rumble compatible. I'll prove it after my disc with the software update comes in the mail. The lady I spoke to at Sony confirmed this with me. That as soon as I install the 2.0 software update, my controller will rumble. The controller is hardware.
    You're mistaken, and the person you talked to at Sony was either mistaken or you misunderstood them. The Sixaxis controller, which is the only PS3 controller sold outside Japan right now, doesn't have rumble. A large number of titles have been updated to be rumble compatible, and many recent titles are compatible out of the case, but your controller will not be shaking until the Dual Shock 3 is released and you buy one.

We'll see about that when the update comes.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Sixaxis doesn't have rumble, but the Dual Shock 3 does.

No software update can make a controller without rumble parts in it rumble.

You should also note whether or not you have interest in HD movies. Do you have an HDTV and an interest in Blu-Ray or HD-DVD? That makes a difference, as well.

Really, you should just tell us what kind of games you're interested in, or simply look up the exclusives coming to both consoles in the next couple years.

I bought a PS3 last week for the following reasons;

- Xbox360 seems more online-oriented than PS3 and online-gaming just isn't my thing.

- PS3 gets more games made by asian developers, since x360 isn't doing well in asia at all.

- I always have these images of the two consoles;

PS3: style, more artistic and story-based
    X360: action, explosions and less story based.

Note: that's just the image in my head and therefor not nescesserily (sp?) true.

Blog Entries

Just go with the console that most of your friends have, for more multiplayer action. There's plenty of time to buy both if you're that hard up.

Of course, this assumes that you actually have friends.

there was a picture here

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Besides, PS3 can do that thing the wavy stick can do on the Wii if you really care enough.
    Except the PS3 uses tilt sensing while the Wii uses actual motion sensing.

IGN: E3 2006: Seeing The Difference

I'm not really interesed in online playing, to tell you the truth. I'm interested in third person shooters, adventure/action games and fantasy/RPG games. I know that once I get one of these consoles the first game I am getting is Oblivion. I really want Final Fantasy XIII, so at the moment I'm leaning towards the PS3 as my choice.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    360 has many more games worth getting at this point.
    Based on exclusives, I have to disagree. Aside from Halo 3, Dead Rising, and Mass Effect, what triple A titles does it really have (assuming your someone who considers Halo to be a triple A title to begin with)? I'm not counting Gears of War either since it is on the PC now with more content. By the same token, the PS3 has every multi-platform game the 360 does, with some great exclusives of it's own such as Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm, Ratchet & Clank, and more to come in the next year, chief among them being MGS4. Both systems have about the same number of worthwhile exclusives out there right now, so the only way for you to figure out which console you want is to look at the games for each and make your choice.
    Any two of those three games justify a 360. All three of them make it near-necessary.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Any two of those three games justify a 360. All three of them make it near-necessary.
    It's a matter of opinion. For my money, I wouldn't buy a 360 for Dead Rising and/or Mass Effect alone (especially since I didn't think KOTOR was as amazing as some other people), and with Orange Box on my PC, I'd never touch Halo 3. In fact, I find the first two so slow and floaty as to be almost unplayable, so there's another reason for me not to care about the third. My point was really only that the PS3 has easily as many great exclusives as the 360. In fact, when it comes to being just plain fun, Uncharted tops anything I've played on the 360. If Portal hadn't been released this year it would be my game of the year.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cmon this is becoming a fanboy war.. its supposed to be helping a guy deciding..

just one more thing: about the death of xbox 360.. its true.. died twice with me.. but i got a new one in 10 days twice.. and the garantee(i dunno if i tranlated it right) to a new one is still 3 years.. because every time you get a new one.. the garuantee is reset(new xbox, new garuantee)

and FFXI is on 360.. so it does have one ..

to be honest.. i only bought a 360 because it came out 3 years ago.. my first console was a playstation(duuh FF7).. but i just couldnt wait.. and of course the ps3 really turned out expensive..

although with the current status of the dollar.. it would relatively cost me 400 bucks(for a playstation 3 80 gig muahhaha *evil*) .. euro rulezz

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    to be honest.. i only bought a 360 because it came out 3 years ago.
    Two years ago, actually. :P I don't know why that matters, but I felt like correcting it anyway. xP

360 all the way. halo 3 and oblivion are too majorly supreme games

YouTube - Halo 3
    Stalpho Slayer

Hide your wallet The Shoeless Hobo's Avatar

Firstly, let me state that it is pure logic to buy a 360 now as it is cheaper and has better games now in comparison for paying more for a PS3 with good games coming out in the future. Obviously, if you really wanted a PS3 you would just wait for a price drop and some decent games to be released, and if you're lucky it will come in a nice bundle pack.

Secondly, i have owned both consoles (down own either at the moment, but I am picking up a 360 again for christmas). I purchased the 360 when it first came out and play it strong for a year and a half. I then decided to sell it for a PS3 as there were no good games coming out for a few months. I then bought a PS3 and sold it two weeks later. I now regret that because if i had just held on to it for a few months longer i would have made more money due to the 40gb version not having backwards compatabily, therefore i higher demand for 60gb version (in my country, at least).

Thirdly, I would like to say I am a sony fan. I loved the PSX and the PS2. The PS3 just doesn't have what the previous consoles had. The 360 has it all. I have never played an online game before, the 360 was my first experience and it was great. I would finish a great game then spend countless hours playing it online against my mates.

Everything about the 360 is great, everything. I loved it and i regret selling it, i guess i just wanted to try something new. But alas, i will be back in the game soon.

The PS3 to me was a rushed console, that i got little enjoyment out of. I spent more time playing my 2 Blu rays that i owned - Rocky and 300.

I don't see the point in owning a console that will have the main the games in the future. If I were you I'd get a x box 360 now, the console that already has great games and perhaps trade it in or buy a ps3 when it's cheaper and when the main games have been released.