Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Epic Songs

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Carry On My Wayward Son
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Skt View Post
    At any rate, I guess Coheed and Cambria then.
    Secrets of blah blah blah ( can't remember album names suddenly! ) is like a total tale and a half. And their music is really good.
    yes, epic band, I don't always like their music, but they're definately epic

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Rush, being awsome, with the likes of '2112' and 'Natural Science' Mine would be 2112, which i have already mentioned (favourite sections being The Temples Of Syrinx and Presentation)
    Yes, Rush is THE epic band. 2112, seeing as how it was written largely based on one of my favorite authors, Ayn Rand, gets my #1 vote.

Also, I think a lot of what Tool does is epic. Their albums could be listened to from beginning to end as one whole story, even though, like most bands, certain songs become popular and aren't ever listened to or discussed in context. Other similar bands: Zao, Norma Jean, and one of my favorite bands EVER: Queens of the Stone Age (Songs for the Deaf is freaking fantastic)

Fourth Estate: Kara Kum: Mirage, Ten Days Lost in the Sun, & Shadow of the Dune. Similar artist(instrumental rock/jazz): Joe Satriani

There are thousands of classical composers who wrote epics, but I assume we're discluding that genre of music.

Dudes, Rush's 2112 is considered one of the least enjoyable epic prog rock songs by most, sure it's awesome, but if you want a really good epic song, start listening to more prog rock. There are a lot of epic songs hosted for free on this site, legally. I'll start you off with Yes' Close to the Edge, click this link for the playlist of it and their other major works.

If anyone enjoys it and wants some more, just PM me, I'll send you some more links.

Anyways, I love so many epic prog songs it's impossible to choose one. Right now I'm listening to Frank Zappa's the Grand Wazoo (Think it over), clocking in at about 21 minutes on the live version and 13 in the studio. Naturally I prefer the live version.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Meat Loaf's songs are so epic. I Would Do Anything For Love is amazing. Shame the rest of the album doesn't quite live up to it.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

RADIO.BLOG.CLUB

Most of this radioblog playlist is pretty epic in the feeling sense, aside from a few semi-epic or plain unepic songs.

Um. Hey Jude. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Every Beatles song ever.

Light My Fire by the Doors is also very epic to me.