Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some recent female art

Default Some recent female art

These are inspired off some models I found on line. Im into the nature of sexy. Even if it is the same sex, and beauty as well I am currently studdying it, and the pains of the model , look how skinny.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep, they do look really skinny... I've been wondering for a while, what's your method of making these pictures? The results are interesting, but I don't feel like I can give you suggestions if I don't know how you're working.

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Yep, they do look really skinny... I've been wondering for a while, what's your method of making these pictures? The results are interesting, but I don't feel like I can give you suggestions if I don't know how you're working.
    Gesture drawings and then adobe.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

The detail on the body is amazing, though they are.. extremely thin, but like you said, "the pains of the model". The faces look a bit off, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    The detail on the body is amazing, though they are.. extremely thin, but like you said, "the pains of the model". The faces look a bit off, though.
    Thank you

The models seem nice and far from beautiful (as I think was your intent). But what is with all the squiggly lines in the background? It distracts what the main focus is.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep. The faces are a little bit off according to me, too. I think the eyes are OK, the problem is in the noses and mouths. They could be fixed, but somehow they make those skinny bodies stand out even more.
    The general effect is a little bit upsetting, but in a good way, meaning that they make you think about current aesthetical models - and how grotesque some of those actually are.
    I'd make some modifications to the backgrounds though. I'd either give them the same care of the bodies, or make them blurrier and distant so to make the models stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Yep. The faces are a little bit off according to me, too. I think the eyes are OK, the problem is in the noses and mouths. They could be fixed, but somehow they make those skinny bodies stand out even more.
    The general effect is a little bit upsetting, but in a good way, meaning that they make you think about current aesthetical models - and how grotesque some of those actually are.
    I'd make some modifications to the backgrounds though. I'd either give them the same care of the bodies, or make them blurrier and distant so to make the models stand out.
    Those are good tips, thank you

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I think keeping your strokes more consistent would help. Brilliant sense of composition/colour though.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    I think keeping your strokes more consistent would help. Brilliant sense of composition/colour though.
    Thank you for tip and comments.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

eeewww.. thats disguisting.. thats not even skinny anymore.. i like my girls to have at least a little stuffing..

good art though.. just a little tweeking in the neck bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    eeewww.. thats disguisting.. thats not even skinny anymore.. i like my girls to have at least a little stuffing..

good art though.. just a little tweeking in the neck bit..
    Thank you, the idea is that the model is oblivious to how skinny she is, pains of the model. Seeing things are they are, maybe a little exaggerated to express artistic meaning.

I <3 adobe.

But it kind of looks like you just used a filter over a picture and then airbrushed or painted over it.

The only reason I say it is due to the texture's and shadings of the pictures. In the top picture, the torso and up is CLEARLY a different color than below the torso, and "shadowing" or not, it wouldn't be that drastic. The rock's also look just filtered, the squiggles put there for blending purposes.

I don't know though. I like the faces, they're clean and well done, but they don't match the rest of the body. I guess you could call that expressionism, but expressionisms such a vague word now a days..

Still they're nice. I think you should work more on a low opacity brush with painting, it'll work more like layering paints like you would with acrlyics.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    I <3 adobe.

But it kind of looks like you just used a filter over a picture and then airbrushed or painted over it.

The only reason I say it is due to the texture's and shadings of the pictures. In the top picture, the torso and up is CLEARLY a different color than below the torso, and "shadowing" or not, it wouldn't be that drastic. The rock's also look just filtered, the squiggles put there for blending purposes.

I don't know though. I like the faces, they're clean and well done, but they don't match the rest of the body. I guess you could call that expressionism, but expressionisms such a vague word now a days..

Still they're nice. I think you should work more on a low opacity brush with painting, it'll work more like layering paints like you would with acrlyics.
    I colored it all legitly but to make the rocks I added noise . Yes adobe was the program. I used alot of one pixel brushing. The face took awhile the body was much rushed on both actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    Or consider using the airbrush tool, and setting your Flow to 1%. It works a lot better than mucking around with the opacity. Though, sometimes you can get some really good effects with using both methods.

Anyway, I still am not sure why you put squiggly lines all over the background? The shadows seem a bit weird too and there seems to be blurring in bits that make the painting inconsistent. Also, try and avoid the Noise filter for things such as this, it's not its intended purpose and in my opinion ruins the background tremendously.

So yeah, keep it up and post some more.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."