Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terrifying toons

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seriously know - is there something wrong with me? Becuase I remember all of these scenes, and as a child I didn't find them scary at all. Some (like WD) were depressing, but not scary...

Well pokaroo scared the ever loving outta me...apparently
    though that's not a movie, does it still count?

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

This is the scene i was referring to... it's like the appliance from hell O.o

All air-conditioners aside... I love that movie
    *Insert epic sig here*

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

oh man, i forgot how much that scene scared me ;.;

I wonder if that's why I feel weird about window units to this day?

Thanks a lot Woody, now you've opened the gates.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Blog Entries

if it was sad in any way I refused to watch it. other than that nothing made me not watch a kids movie.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Anyone care to explain what the freaking hell everyone is on about with this Brave Little Toaster movie?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Anyone care to explain what the freaking hell everyone is on about with this Brave Little Toaster movie?
    In my opinion nothing. It's not scary in the slightest.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Fantasia
    jkhkjg

Blog Entries

I'm throwing my hat in for The Brave Little Toaster too.

It was a little too emotionally scarring for me when I was really little because of certain scenes. That and the way some of those appliances acted was offputting to say the least.

I'll get tons of "WTFs?" for this but Ren & Stimpy scared the crap out of me when I was younger. I think it was more the creepy music and grotesquely ugly art style that scared me about that show, though. That and seeing that banned episode on a tape my friend had when I was younger.

;_;
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Blog Entries

Angry

Okay, guys how old where you when you saw the Toaster film? I was a bout four to seven and I was fine. Infact it was at a friends house and I liked it so much I asked for it. In my eyes there is nothing scary about it even the bits that could potentially be scary, like that stuff in the parts shop - but that's more of a horror parody I am going mad with all this... Why am I the only one?

Blog Entries

I was about in the same age range as you when I first saw it.

In any case, it doesn't seem right to jump on people because they found something scary that you didn't find scary. Heck, some people find stuff like Jell-O and cotton balls scary--do you jump on them for that?

As for what I was scared of in it, there was the part where the air conditioner went mad, the part where they all ended up in the appliance shop, the part where Kirby short circuited (and almost "died"), and I think I vaguely remember one of the appliances being struck by lightning or something which scared me utterly crapless. I don't remember as the last time I saw it I was about 10 or so (and wasn't as scared then of it). The animation and art style didn't help so much either.

Almost any cartoon with a kinda wobbly, dark-looking art style (while Brave Little Toaster was colorful at some points, it was downright dreary for most of the rest of the movie) and off-kilter music was prone to scaring me back then.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

Blog Entries

I was trying to "jump on" anyone. It's just I've seen people say it's sacry before (on IMDB) and never explain it to me. All the IMDB guys did was give a load of ageist coments.

But thank you for explaing it to me. I do understand your points - I will admit to the air conditioner thing being "shocking" which is the closest I'll get. Further more I was acting the way I was because I was wondering if I was the problem as I didn't get scared when by the looks of things I should have. You see guys this is what is scaring me. Is there something wrong with me?

Blog Entries

Nothing wrong with it, it's just that some people don't find some things scary like other people do or whatever. It doesn't make you weird, it just means you have a different idea of what's scary compared to other people.

In some way you should feel proud about not being scared by it, as I'd probably never wanna watch Brave Little Toaster again after how much it scared the crap out of me. Believe it or not, the topic starter bringing it up like that gave me the willies by itself!

I suppose I shouldn't have said you were trying to "jump" on anyone as I put it; I kinda read your initial post incorrectly. And yeah, I tend to ignore IMDB for anything other than looking up movie credits. A lot of those people there don't back up their reasoning very well, if at all.

Blog Entries

Johnson and friends!

Come on the WATER BOTTLE HAD NO HANDS YET IT COULD PICK UP BALLS D=
    YouTube - Johnson And Friends Intro Theme Music
    If I turn my back I'm defenceless, and to go blindly seems senseless.