Articles

NEW Silent Hill V trailer

YouTube - BRAND NEW Silent Hill V trailer

It looks like its gonna be awesome
    WHO'S THAT CHOCOBO?
    Urm... dunno
    ITS REGINALD!!
    lol wtf *changes channel*

Looks like something I'll lap up rabid style. But I must admit I expected them to change things up a little bit more. It's true that was only 3 minutes and I can't judge this early, but that looked like exactly the same thing as the last 4 games. Oh well, that's not always bad.

It seems more action oriented. The way he can climb through broken windows? That's new, I think.

Articles

Aye and climb down ledges
    the guys a veteran so he'll be a lot more physical, he can use items around him to kill enemys, also he can fight enemys with bare hands
    WHO'S THAT CHOCOBO?
    Urm... dunno
    ITS REGINALD!!

He has gotten a quite a bit more grassphopper. It's not that they didn't change anything at all! I was only saying guys, gawsh. GAAWSH! /dramatic

So I can finally punch a nurse in the face

Articles

Aye

Also the main characters name is Alex Shepherd

James Sunderland (SH2's) wifes name was
    Mary Shepherd-Sunderland
    WHO'S THAT CHOCOBO?
    Urm... dunno
    ITS REGINALD!!

Game sure looks nice. Seems like the Collective havent done anything crazy with the Silent Hill formula, is that a good or bad thing? I hope they do what Silent Hill Origins did and add crazy melee weapons that you can use. I'd love to be able to smash a TV around a nurses head, next gen style!

I have been getting aggrovated with the lack of survival horror games for any next gen system. Silent Hill 5 better not disappoint.

I'm a little miffed at how similar - and by similar, I mean exactly the same - some of the shots we've seen are to the movie. Namely, the nurses, and the transformation scene in the bathroom. I can deal with the nurses, 'cause they look cool. But couldn't they have shown us a transformation like... in a kitchen or something? I don't know.

But I have to admit, this game won me over as soon as he snuck behind a building and dropped down to climb around the half-eaten road in that video. Give me the noise filter back and I'm in.

Articles

I think the toilet demonstration might have been a tech demo
    WHO'S THAT CHOCOBO?
    Urm... dunno
    ITS REGINALD!!

In other news, that trailer is going to be named "NEW" on Youtube forever.

Articles

Nah, I'll change it after the excitement has calmed down

BTW a video I made of all the screenshots so far
    YouTube - Silent Hill V: The screenshots!
    WHO'S THAT CHOCOBO?
    Urm... dunno
    ITS REGINALD!!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh man, I love Silent Hill.

Slightly off topic, but at the same time not since it's about change/no change discussion:

I don't think it's a bad thing that they haven't changed much. I know I wouldn't want Silent Hill to turn much more action oriented, we've already got Resident Evil to fill that department. No point in another one. I'm not even sure I liked that Resident Evil took that turn. Sure, Resident Evil 4 was awesome, but I preferred it the old way. Resident Evil 4 wasn't scary, and the puzzles were super easy, basically just pick up item, put it in the door, proceed to the next action filled area. Looks like RE5 will be pretty similar. I'll probably enjoy it, but I'll miss the old style Resident Evil, which was actually kinda scary. The chainsaw chicks in RE4 still makes my liver scream, though. Resident Evil 0 was very nice. I hope they make a game in that style again. Maybe even multiplayer. Okay, this isn't SH discussion at all, so excuse that rambling xD

Silent Hill! I hope they get rid of the stupid invulnerable ghosts from SH4. When a monster is dead it's supposed to stay that way dammit.

Articles

Yeah the ghosts will be gone, they where just Walter Sullivans victims
    WHO'S THAT CHOCOBO?
    Urm... dunno
    ITS REGINALD!!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wait, the monsters throw chairs now? I hope I don't have to yell at the monster to go back in the underworld or I'll be forced to spank him.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Silent Hill! I hope they get rid of the stupid invulnerable ghosts from SH4. When a monster is dead it's supposed to stay that way dammit.
    Seriously. Between them and Walter shooting at me, I couldn't bring myself to finish the game. Toward the end of that game it was just run-run-run-run-run-run-RUN!