Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why was that Sephiroth fellow there?

Default Why was that Sephiroth fellow there?

Does anyone know the point in Sephiroth being in the film? He died in the game. But when he came back in AC it didn't seem like he was even killed this time. He vanished with a smile on his face and said that he won't be just a memory. Does this mean that he will be coming back? I mean he was beaten a lot worse in the game and he still came back so whats to say that he's finally gone? So does this also mean that Square will be making more sequels? O_o; They should hurry up and kill him off.

sephys never gone!
    he origanlly died in the lifestream right! which means hes never gonna be gone!
    like jenova!
    ...and stuff!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

They should have finished it after the original game :rolleyes2
    Thats what i dont like about VII, all they do is change the story every 2 secs and make up coincidental occurences (like sephy not dieing...and him randomly mutating in the game)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    They should have finished it after the original game :rolleyes2
    Thats what i dont like about VII, all they do is change the story every 2 secs and make up coincidental occurences (like sephy not dieing...and him randomly mutating in the game)

Let's face it: Sephiroth is Final Fantasy VII. :rolleyes2

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Weren't all the sephiroth clones supposed to look like him, but they all fell short? I mean the sephiroth you know for the first bit of the game isn't even sephiroth. He was just a clone that Hojo made with a lady's unborn baby and some jenova cells.

So I think it stands to pretty good reason that if Kadaj got ahold of some jevona cells they could instantly mutate him into a grown sephiroth, since he's already grown. Or maybe it just makes a shell. What do I know!

No the sephy at the start of the game is a part of Jenova disguised as him, making it's way to the reunion. The real Sephiroth IS the child of Hojo and Lucrecia with Jenova cells injected into him.

And he didn't DIE in the lifestream. He was just frozen. If he was dead he couldn't summon Meteor and you wouldn't fight him at the end.

As far as we were concerned Sephy was dead. Now Advent Children tells us that He'll never be dead. Do you not see that all Square are doing is giving themselves more to work with in the story so they can milk it even more? They actually said that the compilation will go on for about another 10 years.

Why was Sephiroth in the movie? Two words: fan service.

But yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they make more sequels and try and milk the FF7 fanbase for all its worth. Although, I think it's the FF13 compilation that's supposed to last 10 years. Which is pretty arrogant when they don't even know how the first one's going to be received yet, but that's another rant entirely...
    Disclaimer: The above does not necessarily represent the opinions of anyone.

im sure there would be alot of complaining had he not been in the movie:rolleyes2

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymosa View Post
    Took the words right outta my mouth. Or fingers, so be more precise.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like to pretend there is no such thing as AC.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Hey i never thought about it before, but it doesn't make sense!

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymosa View Post

But yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they make more sequels and try and milk the FF7 fanbase for all its worth. Although, I think it's the FF13 compilation that's supposed to last 10 years. Which is pretty arrogant when they don't even know how the first one's going to be received yet, but that's another rant entirely...
    Naw I also heard it about FFVII. They said the compilation of FFVII is a $50,000,000 project and FFXIII will be a $100,000,000 project, which does NOT sound pleasing. If they are going to make films for it, it better be like a trilogy or something instead of cramming a bad plot into an hour and 20 mins like AC.

I mean Ashley Schovitz is right. It just doesn't make sense lol. I do love it though hehe

sephiroth in AC made some sense. kadaj and the others didnt really. they were remnats who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. none the less they are seen as part of sephy. so mix some jenova cells with a party of him and jenovas ability to change shapes brings back sephiroth. maybe it wasnt the real sephiroth but it was jenova and a remnant taking the shape of sephiroth and haveing the mind and power of sephiroth.

so idk you can try and make sense of it.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

I miss it. The steel sky. Aerisfanatic's Avatar

i think the sephiroth in the movie wasnt sephiroth... just another cloned replica, like in the begining of the game. it didnt make much sense for him coming back through kadaj cause it wasnt him, it was a clone. kadaj was the host and the jenova cells that he engulphed made sephiroth's entity take over, the mind and looks of kadaj... to become the same type of clone in the begining of the game. but what didnt make sense was the fact that he got his clothes and his sword when he got cloned.
    Forever obsessed with the one and only flower girl <3