Thread: Announcements

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Announcements

Tonight, Sunday, December 9, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time is the deadline for initial country building. The game will begin from that point on, and those who haven't specifically PMed me saying they won't have their country up immediately for whatever reason (ed and possibly Bert thus far) will not start at capacity when they do make their country.

We will be starting in the autumn season in the Imperial Calendar (IC) year 1000, the start of the new Millennium.

Once the game starts, you will all have the power to directly interact, through combat, espionage, trade, or whatever other means you wish.

If you have any questions, please PM myself or one of the coordinators. If I haven't sent you your natural resources, please PM me, I know I told a few people but I've forgotten for several of you.

This game is designed to not be restrictive. If there's something you want to do that doesn't run directly counter to the game setup, it's likely that you can. PM myself or another coordinator and we'll tell you how.

That's about it. Let's get this show on the road.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All right ladies and gents, the game is afoot. Your countries are now active, it currently fall and you've got countries to run.

You can change any aspect of your countries policy you want. It's nice to have legal systems and the like, and all that can be changed either openly or via PM to myself or one of the other coordinators.

You can declare war on people, hold trade agreements, talk diplomacy, start moving troops around, whatever. Any building projects you wish to undertake now will have a season or two build time.

Please declare all research subjects, either in your country thread or via PM.

If there's something you want to do and you aren't sure how to do it, PM myself or a coordinator and we'll set you on the right track.

All right, have fun!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tomorrow, Sunday, December 16, is the end of the first season. The countries have been divided up amongst the various coordinators, please PM your coordinator everything you were building this last season and its costs. Also, PM the coordinator everything you intend to start building this next season. If you decide to build something partway through the season, this coordinator is the one you PM. In fact, consider them the ones who are mainly focused on your country, although I am always available for PM if need be, especially in the first few weeks as the coordinators learn how to handle the system.

This is the list of coordinators and the country they are in charge of:

Chaos is the Key:

Evrai
    Denmark
    Celestial Islands
    Kenland
    Zion
    Makai

The Triumphant Hero:

Rengoria
    Falowyn
    Airyglyph

Behold the Void:

Tengoku Kingdom
    Chocoland
    Ordalia
    Vendelar
    Vaelgard
    Crematoria
    Ibeos
    Church of the One God

Anybody I missed will default to being under my supervision.

Oh, and don't forget to petition for rank if you feel you have worthy PCs or NPCs, either by PM or in the open thread.
    Last edited by Tasura; 12-24-2007 at 07:32 AM.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here are a few mechanics and things that may interest you all:

Mediators with Invite can go into the wilderness and recruit as many creatures as they have ranks in invite. This can be anything from griffins to phoenix to dragons.

Ships default to 30 mph, airships default to 50 mph. Armies tend to march at about 1 mph, and chocobo-mounted armies at about 2 mph. Messengers on swift chocobos can go as high as 3 mph.

Most research is divided by levels, and each level of research takes a season equal to the level involved. So, 1 season for level 1 tech, 2 more seasons for level 2 tech, 3 more seasons for level 3 tech, etc.

The same applies to rank. You are expected to do great deeds for a number of seasons equal to your rank before you can go up a rank. You still need to petition for it though.

NPCs need to do less than PCs to rank up.

Seasons effect troop movements. For example, it is now winter. Moving troops is tougher.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All right you whiny buggers, I have mechanics for research up now.

And some stuff on Chocobo breeding. Don't forget to send your coordinator the traits you want to breed into your chocobos if you want to breed different colored, better chocobos.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eizon now has official member groups! This will help keep you guys to viewing the appropriate thread for your country and not other regions that haven't been rolled out yet.

I'm pretty sure most of you have already been placed in your region. However, if you cannot see the region threads, please enter the User CP and hit "Group Membership" near the bottom on the left. It should give you the option to join either Annifontia or Eisgaea. For most of you, if I missed you it will be Annifontia.

If you are a new player and wish to join the game, please submit a join request in the newly formed "New Player Thread", and you will be sorted into the appropriate region.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't forget, you can also access the #eizon room while in #eoff, the EoFF chat room. Just type /join #eizon and you're there. This is a great place to conduct diplomacy without having to mess with PMs or forum posts. Just remember to send a coordinator the logs afterwards.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congratulations on surviving your second season, Eizonians! The season is now Spring, and most updates should be trickling in (the Christmas season is a bit hard on everyone). Since it's spring, armies can march unhindered once more. Keep an eye out for events, the summon spirits are getting restless and they may start acting out. And don't forget: any season you haven't sent a Ninja Death Squad after someone is a season wasted. Also, there are reports of activity in the east. Somebody may want to check it out.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Due to monumental headaches and New Years, country updates will be slightly delayed. Will try to get them up as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience.

My updates will be delayed as well for the same reason, minus headaches plus booze.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Country updates should go up some time tomorrow, sorry again for the delay!

Due to 'jetlag' if you will, and the start of a new semester and work, the country updates will be delayed by a day, if not just until sometime around noon tomorrow.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So first off, winter now. Marching armies is hard.

Secondly, I'm on the school's paper again. Which means lots of hair pulling and general business. I apologize for the continued delay on the Kingdom Updates, I may push rollover back to around Monday-ish or something, depending on how my schedule starts panning out because I'm getting really busy. They'll be up soon! I swear!

Also, I'm looking for more co-coordinators. All who are interested send me a PM before I tear my hair out.

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So yeah, this is a bit dead. Sorry about that.

In order to decrease my workload, I'm going to be a lot more minimalist about country updates. Most of you already have your taxes worked out to a T, and unless there's a major change in your country, it won't be mentioned.

Also, I'm probably going to make some of the mechanics more visible. Technology charts are in the works to streamline the system, which should make you all easily able to calculate exactly how your country will function.

Finally, more co-coordinators. Need. Please apply. I'm REALLY busy, and I want to run this but I need extra manpower to do so. PM me if you're interested.

Stay tuned!

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Happy Eizon day all. I am announcing that I am in the process of reformulating the Eizon system and relaunching it, since it kinda died when I wasn't able to keep up with the country reports. It'll look a bit different, and players will have more of a choice between adventurer-type or ruler-type play. I'm still hammering out the details, but I'm going to attempt to strip down the complexity even further and make it more about playing than about number-crunching. Stay tuned.