Thread: Metalocalypse Now

Default Metalocalypse Now

Metalocalypse has quickly become one of my most favourite shows as of late, and has swiftly overthrown ATHF as being my favourtite "short" cartoon.

I was first introduced to it because I saw that Brendon Small does the majority of everything on the show, and I absolutely love Home Movies.It was an instant hit to me, because of its animation, voices (especially the guitar used for censorship), characters and it reminds me so much of Spinal Tap. Personally I'm not a huge fan of metal music (Metallica being the exception) but I just love the comedic/satirical tones of all their songs, and I actually bought The Dethalbum this year.

Thoughts and opinions on the show?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

It's one of the best shows I've seen in years. Hilarious and totally metal. I've since learned how to do the voices for all the members of Dethklok.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

loved it so much i got the DVD and Deluxe Edition CD when they came out... Brendon Small is an awesome writer, and coincidentaly some of his old friends from Home Movies are working on another show called "Lucy, Daughter of the Devil" written and created by Lorane Buchard, the woman that originaly did the voice for Paula Small on Home Movies...

Dethklok came and played a free show with ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead at my college a month or so ago. Was pretty fun, though the "metal" kids were total dicks to AYWKU and I thought they were gonna cancel the show halfway through.

Ungrateful bastards.
    What I've been listening to:

Ive loved this show for a long time and I even picked up the deluxe dethalbum. Now I just have to get the first season DVD!!

My brother got me hooked on the show. It is SO HILARIOUS! I especially love the episode where Nathan Explosion tries to get his GED and Murderface goes on a celebrity spelling bee.

Some of my favorite quotes:

Toki Wartooth: Wow! What is this place?
    Skwisgaar Skwigelf: I believe it is called "food library."
    Skwisgaar & Toki: "Food library."
    Pickles: "It's a grocery store, ya douchebags!"

Nathan Explosion: And don't just buy booze! That ain't food.
    William Murderface: What do you mean, 'booze ain't food'? I'd rather chop off my ding-dong than admit that!

Murderface: Technicality: P - I - S - S *flips the birdie* F*** You

Pickles: Friends, we're... we're not used to the whole apologizing thing. We're not professional apologizers! We're musicians. So... we wrote a song for you! A new national anthem. We took the lyrics straight from your Finnish Folklore Book of Necronomic Spells!
    Nathan Explosion: You may recognize this one, though it hasn't been sung for a few thousand years! "Awaken, awaken, Mustakrakish, the lake troll!"
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 12-18-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It's hilarious. I own the first season DVD. My favorite character is Toki.