Thread: Started playing again

Smile Started playing again

After setting aside this game for several months, I had a bit of free time to power it up again and play from my old saved file. I'm playing the Anthology version of this game on the PlayStation and I just installed the Adamantite in my ship and my next stop will be the Ruins of Ronka in the sky, but I'd like to know how my party is doing and if I'm strong enough to continue.

My entire party is level 18, but I've just been sticking to one job class per character so far in the game. I have my main character as a level 5 Knight, Reina as a level 6 Black Mage, Galuf is a level 6 White Mage, and Faris is a level 3 Blue Mage. If I should focus on obtain ability points for the job classes, where should I train?

I haven't really done any serious level in this game so far and I've been fine, but I don't want to fall behind on abilities.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

I swear to drunk I'm not God!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would change Reina and Galuf to another magic profession so they can learn some other abilities and assign their White/Black Magic as their other ability so you still have access to those spells. There's no need to train your Black and White Magic abilities above whatever the current level of magic available to you is. Same for the other jobs that have level-based abilities.
    Figaro Castle

Alright, thanks for that tip. I was thinking about changing Reina into a Summoner, but what would be a good job to make Galuf?
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Pandora View Post
    Alright, thanks for that tip. I was thinking about changing Reina into a Summoner, but what would be a good job to make Galuf?
    At this point I would go with Time Mage. You can have White Magic equipped at the same time for both White and Time magic at the same time. Really mixing and matching different job abilities is what FFV's all about; don't be afraid to switch jobs now and again to get new abilities to use.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    At this point I would go with Time Mage. You can have White Magic equipped at the same time for both White and Time magic at the same time. Really mixing and matching different job abilities is what FFV's all about; don't be afraid to switch jobs now and again to get new abilities to use.
    Ya, mix and max jobs to your liking.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's not really any point in learning your white and black magic further past the point of magic you actually have in-game (which before the second world is like level4 I think? I think that's the first stuff you can buy in the second world). but since you are coming up on two of the single best AP harvesting areas in the game, it doesn't really matter so much.

Definitely get your mages to do a few levels in the dragoon/lancer class so you can get dragonsword or whatever they call it in anthology, so you can siphon hp/mp from monsters (this is forever awesome, especially on callers since call beasts take FOREVER mp)

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Don't forget to teach White Wind and 1000 Needles to your characters while they're inside those ruins!

Also, your characters will visit Bal Castle soon - the basement inside is a nice place for them to earn Abililty Points and Gil. An enemy called Objet D'Art lurks in there, and Level 5 Death is useful when your characters encounter five of them in one battle.
    Last edited by Marshall Banana; 12-12-2007 at 03:57 PM.

Thumbs up

Sounds good! Thanks for all the replies. I'll probably go ahead and change my White Mage into a Time Mage, the Black Mage into a Summoner, and possibly my Knight into a Thief or something. I'm not really sure what to do with him.

As for Faris (my Blue Mage), I think I'll keep her the same because I could use several more Blue Magic spells.

Thanks again!
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

Sounds good! Thanks for all the replies. I'll probably go ahead and change my White Mage into a Time Mage, the Black Mage into a Summoner, and possibly my Knight into a Thief or something. I'm not really sure what to do with him.

As for Faris (my Blue Mage), I think I'll keep her the same because I could use several more Blue Magic spells.

Thanks again!
    I would suggest either turning your Knight into a Mystic Knight(or Sorcerer in the PS version)and give him Cover or making him into a Dragoon. But that's just me though You don't have to listen to me . Like I said before, mix and match jobs to your liking =)

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

When will I finally have access to every job class in the game? I just made it through the Ruins of Ronka and acquired 4 new classes from the Earth Crystal, but it still seems like I'm missing some.
    Enter At Your Own Risk
    A Pleasant Downfall

When will I finally have access to every job class in the game? I just made it through the Ruins of Ronka and acquired 4 new classes from the Earth Crystal, but it still seems like I'm missing some.
    Your just missing Mime, but you don't get that till later in the game when you get the submarine. However, if you were playing the GBA version, you'll be missing 5 classes, which includes Mime

Vaan - "Hey, you!"