Thread: Wings of the Goddess - Thoughts?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Wings of the Goddess - Thoughts?

So? For those of you who have it, how is it?

Any good?

My lil bro got it for the 360. He just unlocked the Dancer and Scholar jobs. He seemed impressed by the fact that you can go back in time. I still need to get a copy. I'll probably get it next week

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

I know that all of you will take to Campaign. I was not impressed by besieged, I would even go so far as to say I loathe and detest it. After reading about a similiar battle system on the WotG prompt my initial thought was "Oh great, another smurfing besieged that will haunt my new expansion".

I have not actually tried Campaign out yet but it actually seems pretty damn sweet - it's like besieged but with all of the problems removed. Watching my friend play showed me that one player can make a whole lot of difference in these fights (The players were getting slaughtered by the beastmen so he Sleega II'd them all (Okay he got batted to death by the katanas of seven Samurai Yagudos, but if used properly it could lead to victory I'm sure of it!)). The only (albeit a small one) problem now is less numbers for besieged, our server is actually losing once and while now and those damn beastmen run off with my chocobo woman ().

The best part of the expansion is seeing the old areas in a new light. Some of the areas have undergone very interesting changes. For example, Crawler's Nest seems like some kind of Rolanberry juice making farm with monsters only in the deepest pockets sectioned off by reinforced wooden gates.

In summary, the expansion relies heavily on scenery, Campaign and the two new jobs. There are very few quests & missions, I've not seen a single exp party and there is no endgame content (Of course all of these points will change in the future).
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well I like the three things you mentioned so I can't wait to get in on this. We have fun with Besieged and I was excited to hear of this new system.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

All I know is that I'm still too whimpy to actually do anything. I got whomped pretty much as soon as I stepped foot in Pashhow Marshlands. But it's pretty and I like this Regal Feline character.

From a whm's perspective: From what I see and hear from other people, this expansion marks the end of any whm presence in merit pts (I guess unless you're lucky enough to make one yourself that will not mind having a whm instead of rdm, dnc (or sch I guess) healer).

However, in campaign we unpopular jobs get a decent way of getting pretty consistent xp/limit points at around 4-6k per hour AND with around the same amount of Allied notes (the past's equivalent of conquest points, imperial standing, etc).

All you have to do is make sure you've been everywhere in the past and then you can tele (for some allied notes as a fee) to almost any area you've been to before in the past and back. You can check the /cmap and you'll find there are always some campaign battles going on somewhere.

Also, about the battles themselves, the beastmen that attack are not that strong (like in besieged), in fact I would guess a whm/pld or whm/nin can solo a non-general level mob just fine (the generals are a different story). Also, when are dead you still get xp/notes at the end and you can get your "evaluation" at any time you want, you just have to talk to the npc that gives you the statis that lets you participate in the battle, and ask for an evaluation. you will get your rewards (xp/notes for up to that point) and you can leave if you have to, or if your rewards have been capped (just over 2k xp I think with the second or third medal/rank I think) you can get that reward, and get your allied tag status fresh and keep maxing it out (seems to be not too hard if you tank and do some of everything)

A little test I did: I got the status (allied tags) and cast protect IV and shell IV on the 2 npc generals that were there and myself and then got the rewards: 120 xp and 60 allied tags

I average around 400-500 hexastrikes on the normal mobs, highest was 573 to close a fully unresisted light SC for 573!
    And the npcs are quite powerful, I've seen simple flaming arrows for 600+ dmg and some higher-lvl WSs for a lot more (like a 1.8k swift blade); on top of that, the only cures I see noticably moving their HP bar are DS + CureV. I'm guessing they have about 10k+ hp but can't say for sure.
    Last edited by ThePheonix; 12-12-2007 at 02:50 PM.

I love Campaign, because I hate to merit on my RDM. I got 2 merits yesterday and a merit or two the day before. As for party spots, I found a pretty good little spot to party in the 60's in Vunkerl Inlet. It's a tunnel with a Pixie in it (so some free healing) and a bunch of gobs outside it. I want to try that spot when my static gets to 60 or so. As for missions, the next batch should be added in January update.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimage View Post
    I love Campaign, because I hate to merit on my RDM. I got 2 merits yesterday and a merit or two the day before. As for party spots, I found a pretty good little spot to party in the 60's in Vunkerl Inlet. It's a tunnel with a Pixie in it (so some free healing) and a bunch of gobs outside it. I want to try that spot when my static gets to 60 or so. As for missions, the next batch should be added in January update.
    Did you actually try exping on them?

Now that we have Snarl Beastmasters are able to take on the odd T with Jug pets. So I was strolling around my first time in WotG and I get attacked by a Goblin. I checked him - Easy Prey - ok /goodbye Gobbie! Busted out CourierCarrie and we proceed to lay in to the Goblin. Shortly after engaging I realise something: My god are these guys tough for their con level! Had it not been for the suicidal Bomb toss (300 damage might I add) it could've killed Carrie (ok yeah I could just pop out another, but an Easy prey Goblin that is able to defeat Carrie + Beastmaster + Snarl is something to steer clear of).

Though that camp of yours looks promising, until something is done about the strength of these Beastmen it won't at all rival the exp of Aht Urgan or even the old areas.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

No, I haven't tried exping on them yet, I just would like to try it. I'll have to look into it more, but if nothing else, we'll try it and wipe. We'll see.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All I've really done so far with the expansion is walk around a crap load trying to get all the Maws and campaign battles. The walking/running around stuff was sucky, but the campaign stuff is fantastic. And the sprites are so cute.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Campaign battle is great. A lot of fun as PLD.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum