Thread: FF XI:The Vana'diel Collection 2008

Default FF XI:The Vana'diel Collection 2008

OK im confused... i need to know if this game is compatible with the 80 gb ps3. i have heard its not because of the HDD. anyway i really need to know before i buy it

Articles
    Blog Entries

last i heard there was a patch that allows ps2 games to utilize the ps3 hdd. However, since it's emulation, i'm not sure if the 80 gig models can allow ps2 games to access things like the network and hdd.

i'm thinking about finding a 60 gig ps3 and getting this actually.

now i am a little slow on some of this stuff. so pleased explain what emulation is?? i have been reading it alot lately about the 80 gb and im not for sure what it is??

Articles
    Blog Entries

well instead of having the actual hardware that plays ps2 and psx games built into the system, it uses software to emulate the games. I'm not entirely sure what all the implications are, but the major difference is that it's not perfect. It doesn't support 100% of the games, and there are known glitches in a few of them, some minor, but many I think that still have yet to be fixed. All in all, I think it's not really that big of a deal, and it will probably be improved later on.

I'm not sure on one thing though, and I hope someone can clarify it, is if the emulated games can utilize online and the ps3 hard drive?