Thread: Winamp/Yahoo conflictions.

Gimme my pie and chips! Recognized Member Cactuar2000's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Winamp/Yahoo conflictions.

Ok, I must be doing something wrong here. Whenever I hear people in voice chat and they get a message from someone, the sound can be heard from their Yahoo, but whenever I have Yahoo voice chat on, it's the ONLY thing I can hear.

Yahoo and Winamp are two things I want to run alongside each other, but my winamp just tells me the output is already in use.. suggestions?
    If you don't know who I am you were clearly of single digit age when I stopped posting on this forum.

I'm old skool.

..and FF8 is clearly still the best.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It means Yahoo is hogging your output device to itself, and won't let anything else use it. Usually it only happens with MIDI devices though

Can you change what device Yahoo uses for output, to DirectSound for example, since I that can't be hogged, if something else also wants to use DirectSound, it gets its own instance of that device

Or change WinAmp's output, I think that can also be changed between DirectSound and WaveOut. DirectSound is better, it gives you better control of the sound output without affecting other programs
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Gimme my pie and chips! Recognized Member Cactuar2000's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have the directsound output for Winamp, but it still won't play alongside voice chat. :/ It sounds pants anyway. xD I'll see if I can control Yahoo instead.
    If you don't know who I am you were clearly of single digit age when I stopped posting on this forum.

I'm old skool.

..and FF8 is clearly still the best.