Thread: Baroque

Default Baroque

YouTube - Baroque Wii PS2 RPG

Apparently it's a remake of a Jap-game I've never heard of that also has a manga. It's being ported over to the Wii with both that and the original PS2 version getting a North American release February 2008. Atlus fans will probably note the artistic similarities to the venerable Shin Megami Tensei series.

There are various other videos on youtube recorded from the Japanese PS2 version for those interested. In any case, it's good to see the Wii will be getting an action RPG in the near future, even if it is a port of a remake.

Discuss, I guess.

The trailer looks kind of interesting. I couldn't find a Wikipedia article for this game. Somehow I'm slightly reminded of Persona 3 after watching that trailer.

Let's talk about this game.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

There is a wikipedia article for the manga but no article for the game. Kind of odd since the game apparently came first.

It reminds you of Persona 3 because it's made by Atlus, the same company behind the Shin Megami Tensei (and thus Persona) series. There is more information on the game here.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Baroque was developed by Sting, not Atlus.

Ah, Atlus must just be the US publisher then. Never mind.

Yea it seems kinda cool. I don't know how popular it will be though. I don't know of any other PS 2 rpg that's going to come out, it appears that the PS 2 rpg's are finished now that FF XI: Wings of the Goddess is out.

It says it's a post-apocalyptic survival horror story!! If it's like 28 Weeks Later that's great!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008