Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to max out stats, HP and MP all at once?

Banned

Default Is it possible to max out stats, HP and MP all at once?

I'm a perfectionist, so, well, I'd like to max out as much as possible.
    I was wondering, is it technically possible to reach 99999 HP, 9999 MP and max stats for all characters?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I suppose so....If there isn't enough places on the sphere grid, you can use Clear spheres, then use a Strength/MP/HP/etc. on the empty node. I'm pretty sure you can get them all by bribing some monsters

You'll want to get the Gillionaire ability and fight some Mimics in the Omega Ruins for lotsa gil

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Technically speaking, I don't think it's possible. However, you can get the maximum effect out of your stats. For starters Agility becomes irrelevant in terms of affecting your CTB speed at around 170 points. For another thing with maxed out Luck (255), you can automatically hit any monster and need only about 25 Evasion to evade anything that isn't auto-hit. Whether or not this will allow you to reach 99999 HP and 9999 MP is another matter, because it's common for players to simply have MP at 999, since there's very few reasons to have anything more than the base maximum, especially when you get can get hold of Three Stars.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    it's common for players to simply have MP at 999, since there's very few reasons to have anything more than the base maximum, especially when you get can get hold of Three Stars.
    Don't forget Yuna's and Lulu's "One MP Cost" weapons. XD

There's absolutely no reason at all to use magic 1000 times in one battle, and even if there were, you can just throw a Turbo Ether, use Lancet, or skip magic altogether, which isn't exactly risky in the end of the game anyway.

I went on a quest to see how high one could go, but foolishly deleted the save file...

I'd gotten a good way around the sphere grid, and while I think it may have been possible to get HP to 99,999, I don't think there were enough nodes left to max MP as well. (I had Yuna too, I just forgot to take a photo)

Even if you delete all inferior stat nodes and replace them with better ones, there just aren't enough points on the grid (even less on the PAL Expert grid than on the standard grid) to max all stats. But strictly speaking, as people have already said in this thread, you don't need to break MP limit and if you max Luck you don't need to max accuracy and evasion. There are also trains of thought that suggest you don't even need to max HP, so the question should be if its possible to optimise their stats with the available nodes, which the answer is yup

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Even if you delete all inferior stat nodes and replace them with better ones, there just aren't enough points on the grid (even less on the PAL Expert grid than on the standard grid) to max all stats. But strictly speaking, as people have already said in this thread, you don't need to break MP limit and if you max Luck you don't need to max accuracy and evasion. There are also trains of thought that suggest you don't even need to max HP, so the question should be if its possible to optimise their stats with the available nodes, which the answer is yup
    You actually don't need to master either HP or MP; personally I have just defeated Nemesis with about 8000 HP.

As a matter of fact, there are no attacks in this game that you can't survive with 9999 HP; all you need is to boost your Defense and cast Auto-Life, and possibly block with the meat shield that is an Aeon, so more than 9999 HP is not necessary.
    Yes, there are super-attacks life Armageddon and Mega Flare, but those can be countered with Auto-Life and meat shields.

The best bet is probably to max out the stats, and then max HP for as much as you want.
    Just keep in mind than godlike HP boosts will cripple the power-up factor on the Celestial Weapons, and most healing items can't break the 9999 limit anyway.
    Last edited by Peter_20; 12-14-2007 at 11:47 PM.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

you dont want hp and mp
    jkhkjg

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Like I said...get lotsa clear spheres, and lotsa spheres for the attribute you wanna raise. When you fill up the whole sphere grid, use a clear sphere, then use the other sphere, then the clear sphere again, I mean you can use the name node over and over and over and over, and there's a sphere for each attribute (I think).

EDIT:

(So while possible, it'll take you hundreds of hours of gameplay!)

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Like I said...get lotsa clear spheres, and lotsa spheres for the attribute you wanna raise. When you fill up the whole sphere grid, use a clear sphere, then use the other sphere, then the clear sphere again, I mean you can use the name node over and over and over and over, and there's a sphere for each attribute (I think).
    When a node is cleared anyone who has activated that node loses the bonus it gave. In other words you can't do as you described and keep refilling a node over and over again to get bonuses.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

When a node is cleared anyone who has activated that node loses the bonus it gave.
    So what's the purpose of the clear sphere then??
    You can clear and refill sphere nodes as much as you want and still raise your attributes until you max them (at least in PAL version)

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    When a node is cleared anyone who has activated that node loses the bonus it gave.
    So what's the purpose of the clear sphere then??
    Clear spheres let you remove any non-optimal stat-up nodes and replace them with optimal nodes, therefore using up less space, allowing you to have higher stats. For example, if you have four Strength +1 nodes, and use four Clear Spheres on them. When you put a Strength Sphere on one of the now-empty spaces, you have the same stat bonuses, and three extra spaces to increase your stats beyond what you could have achieved while the four Strength +1 nodes were on the board.

As for maxing everything, it can't be done. You would need well over 1000 nodes to reach the maxima of every stat (330 HP, 250 MP, roughly 60 for the others). The sphere grid, even the Standard one, does not get close to that amount, especially when you take out the 86 nodes dedicated to Command Abilities which cannot be cleared.
    This is a signature.

Banned

The only way you might be able to get 99,999 HP is by equipping abilities like HP+40%.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

When a node is cleared anyone who has activated that node loses the bonus it gave. In other words you can't do as you described and keep refilling a node over and over again to get bonuses.
    WHAT? I did not know this ; ;

...but! You could like...

:kaocry2:

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sad but true, jesse 8)