Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Handheld System...

Default Favorite Handheld System...

What's your favorite handheld system? Mine is the DS Lite.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

GBA SP or GB Micro. They play Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games which gives it the best handheld library of all time.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

The original GBA was a very sexy shape. Due to the massiveness of my hands I find it hard to hold onto square-shaped controllers. It pisses me off that the Wii and DS are both block-tastic. The best controller in the world ever is the PS1/PS2/PS3 controller. I've yet to use a better controller.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

GBA i suppose.. i only play the ds now.. but GBA with pokemon was something i spend many hours on.. ow and classics of course

DS owns your soul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    DS owns your soul.
    thats an awfully bold statement to say to someone.. to say it about your own soul ok.. but to condemn other people .. tisk tisk

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    DS owns your soul.
    thats an awfully bold statement to say to someone.. to say it about your own soul ok.. but to condemn other people .. tisk tisk
    What Can I say? Compared to other Hand Helds, it kicks that much ass.

Not many GB and GBC games worth playing anymore, and GBA can be played of the DS, so the actual GBA isn't that useful anymore.

Plus, PSP sucks.

Besides Dragon Quest IX, my interest in DS titles has simply dwindled. I'm not into any of Nintendo's three heavy hitters and their many titles (except Mario Kart, but I can live without it), or Pokemon. The FFXII title didn't turn out like I wanted, and the upcoming Crystal Chronicles will probably not rub fun lotion on me either. That poses a problem, buckaroos! To be honest, the PSP's Metal Gear: Portable Ops, Silent Hill Origins, GTA: Liberty City Stories, FFVII: Crisis Core, the FFT port, and the upcoming God of War game all hold my interest and I would love to play them (and maybe I could finally play Disgaea).

There really are just no DS games I can see keeping interest for longer than 10 minutes. I'm not saying the DS has bad games or anything, as that's clearly not the case. I'm obviously the odd ball and not the majority, and I'm cool with it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    DS owns your soul.

What Can I say? Compared to other Hand Helds, it kicks that much ass.

Not many GB and GBC games worth playing anymore, and GBA can be played of the DS, so the actual GBA isn't that useful anymore.

Plus, PSP sucks.

amen to that

ds with M3 rulezzz.. already have 100 games

Blog Entries

Gameboy Advance SP, obviously. If only the DS could use GBC Carts. Then, it would definitely steal that crown of absolute awesomesauce.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I'm stuck between both the PSP and the DS to be honest. The DS has the majority of my SRPGs whilst the PSP has games like Valkyrie Profile, Silent Hill and all those other ass kicking games. If I had to throw both of them out the window, I'd be good with the original game boy and some Super Mario.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Besides Dragon Quest IX, my interest in DS titles has simply dwindled. I'm not into any of Nintendo's three heavy hitters and their many titles (except Mario Kart, but I can live without it), or Pokemon. The FFXII title didn't turn out like I wanted, and the upcoming Crystal Chronicles will probably not rub fun lotion on me either. That poses a problem, buckaroos! To be honest, the PSP's Metal Gear: Portable Ops, Silent Hill Origins, GTA: Liberty City Stories, FFVII: Crisis Core, the FFT port, and the upcoming God of War game all hold my interest and I would love to play them (and maybe I could finally play Disgaea).

There really are just no DS games I can see keeping interest for longer than 10 minutes. I'm not saying the DS has bad games or anything, as that's clearly not the case. I'm obviously the odd ball and not the majority, and I'm cool with it all.
    I agree with you completely on the DS. I have little interest in it's (very) few non-casual games, and as for the over abundance of casual games, well, I'd rather cut off both thumbs and jam them in my eye sockets than play them. I'd agree that the PSP is coming out with the better games lately, but it sure took long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker
    Matter of opinion. If you ask me, there are a lot of classics on the Gameboy and GBA that beat everything on the DS by a longshot. The DS doesn't play GB games though, so I could never put it up as best handheld, even when counting another handhelds library.

You're about the least hardcore hardcore gamer I've ever seen. Honestly.

DS has mario kart DS, which has an online mode that I'll never get sick of. I go with ds lite.

The DS is the first handheld to break away from the 'like a console yet not as good' syndrome that plagued the earlier generations. There are so many things I like about it I wouldn't know where to begin.