Thread: The Stranger

Post The Stranger

Have any of you read it? It's a completely amazing book, to me...kind of like The Catcher in the Rye if you read that...It basically is kind of pointless...like the latter...but rather intriguing...I recommend it to you all. It's by Albert Camus...Oh, and if you know the song "Killing an Arab", by The Cure...this is the book that inspired it.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just read it for AP English. I don't really know what to think about it. The concept is really good, but something about the book aggravated me. I prefer Catcher in the Rye far more.

Yeah, that's the class I read it for..well did a book report on..few months ago. I'm not sure..I like both of them a lot..I think maybe the fact that the guy really is a stranger to the world could be your aggravation...he really is..He has no strong feelings for anyone..or thing..he killed the guy..because there was sunlight in his eyes...and shot him..what was it..5 times? I really like that little newspaper clipping he kept reading in jail, you know? It was just kinda..thrown in there.