Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Was Sky Fortress Bahamut Easy To You Too?

Chocobo Was Sky Fortress Bahamut Easy To You Too?

I was very disappointed at SFB. Not once did I have the change characters. It was pretty long ago, but I think my party was Vaan, that lady you get with Basche, and basche.

If it was hard for you, here's what I remember:

GAMBITS! I just had the Shell, Protect, and Bravery gambits on Vaan and it was a snap.

Also, I got Vaan the Zodiac Spear pretty early. (I had to run like crazy.)

VERY disappointing. :mog:
    Last edited by Juggernaut; 12-19-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think the spells like Shell, Protect and Bravery combined with the Zodiac Spear probably decreased the challenge of the Sky Fortress somewhat. Obviously if you wanted to make it more challenging you'd remove those. I didn't tend to have any of those automatically set (rather I'd set them as and when I needed them) or the zodiac spear so I imagine it was slightly more challenging for me but I was at a fairly high level when I eventually decided to do it so it wasn't really difficult for me either.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I beat the fortress at around level 50 with Save the Queen as my best weapon on all characters and without attempting any hunts (so no bravery, bubble, bubble belts etc). It was relatively easy up until the undying, who actually managed to kill me once.

I got tired of doing hunts and rushed in and beat it. It wasn't that hard. If you're good enough to get there, you were probably good enough to finish it. :P

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It was very very easy for me because I did the level loop thing at the Stilshrine

Blog Entries

beat it around level 50 i think... and the undying was the hardest enemy I had fought up til then....... so he was pretty easy

Chocobo

XD

Like half the hunts are harder than SFB.

I could never beat Gilgamesh...(2nd battle)

Yiazmat > The Undying

Not only was it easy, it was short too. In past FF games, the final dungeons was very long and it would take a while to reach the final boss. In Sky Fortress Bahamut, it would take 5-10 minutes to reach the final boss.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Yeah it was way too easy. But after Pharos lasting for 5 months, I was glad it was over quick and didn't have a bunch of crap.

Blog Entries

Wayyyyy too simple.

Heh,after everyone saying how easy it was i really wonder if someone dares to say otherwise...
    Anyway,i was way overleveled by then,so yeah it was very easy.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I found it difficult my first time through because I decided that I should be fighting everything that came my way. I got totally owned by rooks. I was ill prepared and just rushed in like I'd been able to just use brute force to get through most other areas. I couldn't kill the enemies fast enough, and they just kept coming until I was completely overwhelmed.

Then I realized that just running straight to the elevator was so much simpler. I found that the bosses were excessively easy to kill.

Also, the whole freaking game is easy if you have the Zodiac Spear early on.

i just got on the bahamut for the first time and pwnd Vayne... rather easy...

I don't remember what Lvl I was at, but the first time I attempted it (immidiatly after I got the choice to) I got my ass beat pretty quickly. I leveled up a BIT before attempting it again, but it was mainly my gambits that needed sorting out- Haste+Bravery on Vaan, Haste+Bravery+Berserk+Zodiak Spear on Basche, and Shell+Protect on Ashe at all times, plus the usual healings ect, and I was laughing. The Undying took a few tries, mind...

However, I think that SFB was the perfect length, considering the Paros was floor after floor after floor of the same basterd enemies with the same basterd texture on every basterd wall- it took me hours, and SFB was just 10- 20 of awesomeness. No tedium, just a few enemies, a few boss fights, and some of the best cutscenes in the game-what more can you ask for?

Like games, humour, lively communitys and paunchy homosexual men
    dressed in tight green latex (or even just the first three)?
    Come visit zeldauniverse.net
    and their forums!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The first time I played through it I was level like 40? and my weapons sucked, and the only good spell I had was bubble, so beating the Undying was not easy for me. I forget what it was but I used some strategy to win.

I think the fact you had all those great spells and the Zodiac spear was probably what made it so easy