Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia IV - Official Game Thread (Game Over: TOWN WIN)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Hmm...I don't see what there is to discuss, to be honest. I guess this just gives more time for Ko to act crazy.

hmm... i dont either... we didnt seem to get anything done this last few minutes

##vote: koshiatar

I just desperately wanted to give my message to the doctor because it was important. I've done that now, so don't hold back on my account.

Well, then, if there's nothing left to discuss:

##Vote: KoShiatar

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I'll put my vote back as well then

she be lynched... come on del murder person man

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The staff started getting suspicious of KoShiatar because she hadn't been around. They were able to tell this because she hadn't posted in General Chat or The Lounge, those of course being the only two forums on this site. They decided to go look for her, so they went into the uncharted territory of...the gaming forums! It was dark and spooky (not Spuuky) and they were very afraid. In the darkness they saw what looked to be a body. They crept up closer, afraid of what they would find. They came up to find...KoShiatar!! but she was safe and sound, posting in the gaming forums as usual. "You guys should post more here too" she said. "Yeah when pigs fly" replied the staff. Just then a pig flew overhead. The staff cried out in shock, and the pig got startled. It lost it's balance and fell from the sky right on top of Kosher, crushing her to death.

KoShiatar was a Citizen played by our crazy friend Demondude55.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by [M] fire_of_avalon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Behold the Void View Post
    I didn't call Koshiatar out both posts. I said I was most suspicious of her in my first one and I still am, and so is a lot of other people. I just didn't want to vote for her in case she is a cop, and cops are the most useful role so in case she's just smurfing up then we'll really have smurfed up too. That's why I want to hear what she has to say first, and that's all I said in my second one. If she's really cop then I'd like to know who she thinks is innocent or guilty and even better if she investigated me. At least I'll know if she's telling the truth then, if she's mafia or cop. (Edit: I guess she can lie but it will give me a better idea)

But you're right that I'm not working with her at all, whether she is a cop or mafia because I still suspect her and a lot of other people. I'm not working with anyone except cl_out who I know is a townie and you and Leeza and Psychotic who I think are townies, because I'm a citizen. The only thing you remember from my posts is that I mentioned Koshiatar, but if I'm really mafia I'm not going to be going for you so hard in the first two days if I know you're innocent because of exactly what's happening now. And what about sticking with my vote for you to the very end, if I knew shulp was a mafia then I would have known that you would be proved innocent after she died, so why would I keep my vote for you unless I really thought you were mafia?
    Your first post you said she was most suspicious.
    Your second post said you wanted to here what she had to say.

You both said you suspected her, and told her to respond.

I definately sounds like you called her out twice. :P
    I told her to respond for the reasons that I said above. But I don't even know why I'm replying to this anymore, you've got your mind made up and I don't even follow your logic. You're right, I'm not teamed up with Koshiatar at all.

So speaking of that, WTF Koshiatar, why did you investigate foa? But whatever, it doesn't even matter if you did investigate me now because even if I turn out innocent it looks like people will still be suspicious of me, I can't win.

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt and agree with Hsu, just in case you really are the cop, but after changing your role 3 times and each time it doesn't make sense why you'd pick that role at all. What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] crono_logical View Post
    And now it is my post about Behold the Void, that I think he has been waiting for. Frankly, it is an issue that troubles me. Yesterday I was more sure of ShlupQuack being mafia than he is, and today I am less sure of him being a mafia than I was yesterday, but obviously he's on my list of strong suspects and he knows he's earned it! So let's review what we've got.

My suspicions were aroused by the serial killer confusion play that he and Shlup made, and the way Shlup rushed in to criticise Yamaneko. Shlup also used a couple of Behold the Void's arguments against me, right after Void did, so, if Void is mafia, I assume they came up with arguments to use against me in the mafia forum. If Void is mafia, he hasn't done much wrong, but it's unfortunate that his team mate landed him in it.

He's willing to undergo a cop investigation, and welcomes it. Well, I am going to rule him out as a mafia goon because of this. If he is mafia, he is the godfather. The potential roleclaim is another example of this. So assuming you are a citizen, this is a good thing, Void, because it means there's less of a chance of you being mafia and thus lessens the chances of me wanting to lynch you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I think there's a possibility that no one has brought up about KoShiatar yet. It's not very likely, I'll give everyone that, but if she's playing a weird strategy, who knows, right? Say KoShiatar is a doctor. She roleclaims as a cop to pull attention from the Mafia and protects herself at night. This way, she saves a citizen from dying. Again, a far out idea but not entirely impossible.
    If it's true, then she shouldn't have done it. She's lying to us with her investigations, and could make the real cop expose himself to prove her wrong. She gets lynched, cop gets whacked that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by foa
    This leads me to believe, that BtV calling out Kosh in both posts means that if BtV is MAfia, Kosh isn't. But if Kosh is, BtV isn't. No, I don't believe either of these folk are working together. Well, o course if both of them are townie, they would be, but yall know what I mean
    Also, look at roo's posts earlier calling out Kosh. No way a fellow Mafia would ruthlessly try and disclaim their own. So, if Koshiatar is cleared, I can asume not only is she not working with Void, but that she is not working with Roo either.
    I strongly disagree that KoShiatar's innocence proves the innocence of Roogle and Void just because they spoke out against her. If anything that points suspicion onto them.

If she is scum, what KoShiatar did is absolutely insane from their point of view. It's obvious we'd discover her quickly. But then again...maybe that was the point. With ShlupQuack being lynched and, assuming he is mafia, Void on the ropes, they needed to do something. This was their something.

KoShiatar, a not very active player, can't be bothered to play and so sacrifices herself for the others. Void and others can call her suspicious and guilty, and not only deflect the heat from them, when she gets lynched, it would "prove" their innocence 'cause they'd suspected and voted for her. Especially if she happened to scumscan them previously and say they are guilty. Deflecting the heat off innocents who are about to get lynched is, again, insanity. If I am right about Cid being with Void through the Yamaneko suspicion thing, his vote for her is certainly something to look at.

Now, I'm not saying this proves Void/Roogle are guilty. This is just a theory, and it's one which I think shows KoShiatar's guilt certainly does not prove their innocence. (nor does it prove their guilt)
    I seriously thought there could be two mafias, and I'm not going to lie I haven't completely ruled it out yet in my mind. Slim I know, but this is Del Murder and Miriel running the game. If that makes me suspicious then whatever. I'm not the only one who thought that, and I'm not that suspicious of Roogle right now either.

Shlup used the same arguments as me? I didn't even see that and I don't know what the hell was up with Shlup then. Only thing I can think of is maybe he thought I'd be a believable target to lynch to take attention off of the other mafia, or maybe you're just overanalyzing it.

And for the last time I have nothing to do with Koshiatar.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] KoShiatar View Post
    My fellow mafia members are....

Behold the void, Hsu and Cid.
    Absolute BS. Even if you're a citizen you're not helping at all.

##Vote: Koshiatar

Edit: Never mind....

This lynching after # votes is BS too, people can retract their votes and it only cuts our discussion time. Look at how many times people's votes have changed.

Ah crap. I have been working all day, and assumed I'd be back way before voting was over. Looks like I was wrong there. Before Ko went crazy and claimed everything, I actually believed her. Now I'm not so sure, but I know that I wouldn't risk lynching Koshiatar today. I would've probably went for Cid, or something.

Think about it, we all agree on this:
    -Koshiatar is an inexperienced player no matter what her role is.
    -Nobody else has claimed to be cop.

Given these two facts, I'd consider it too high a risk to get rid of her at the moment. Tomorrow, or later, would be a better. Especially with the tracker dead. Even if she is crazy, she could still help us. We could've force her to investigate who we want and force her to give us results.

The 8 votes are all in right? so she's dead? Too late for anything then.

Does saying this right before she's dead making me look like scum if she turns out cop? Think again, I'm the 3rd person who's been saying this now.

If Koshiatar is Mafia, then yay. I'd say the odds are about 50-50 of her being mafia or cop right about now. Somebody flip a coin!

edit: yeah, nevermind. xD wtf CITIZEN?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aw, I'm sorry Void. I hope you didn't spend a lot of time typing that.

Oh. Great.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Final tally:

KoShiatar - 8
    theundeadhero - 2

Didn't vote (day ended with majority vote)
    Azar
    Behold the Void
    crono_logical
    Del Murder
    Yamaneko

Night 3 has started. Please send your night decisions in pm form to myself or Miriel.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Day turned to night and an uneasy hush fell over Eyes on Final Fantasy. But alert and wary, Psychotic was still awake, watching over the Who's Online list and carefully monitoring for suspicious activity. As his eyes roamed from username to username, sleep started to overtake him. Just as he was about to drop off into sleep, he snapped back to attention and stared intently at the Who's Online list. Confused, he wondered out lout to himself, "But... it can't be! Why woul--!"

Unable to finish his sentence, Psychotic gagged and grasped at his throat where a single bullet wound had sent gushers of blood spewing out from his neck.

Morning came, and the staff members of EoFF awoke to find Psychotic dead in a pool of his own blood.

Psychotic was a Citizen played by roto13 and Firo Volonde.

Day 4 begins now.

48 hours to lynch.

13 players, 7 votes needed for automatic lynching and to end the day.

Yay for long posts.

Okay, given my previous assessment, I now think that BtV is quite possibley Mafia. Howeer, a couple more things came to light afterwords. First, day one Voting.

Loony BoB - 9 - (Del Murder, Psychotic, Cid, ShlupQuack, Roogle, Zeromus_X, eestlinc, theundeadhero, fire_of_avalon)
    fire_of_avalon - 6 - (Azar, Yamaneko, Behold the Void, Loony BoB, Kawaii Ryűkishi, Leeza)
    Roogle - 1 - (Hsu)
    Leeza -1 (Necronopticous)

Day 2 Votes

4 ShlupQuack (Leeza, foa, Psychotic, crono_logical)
    3 fire_of_avalon (Behold the Void, KoShiatar, Zeromus_X)
    2 crono_logical (ShlupQuack, Roogle)
    2 Behold the Void (Yamaneko, eestlinc)
    1 Yamaneko (Cid)
    1 Cid (Hsu)
    1 Azar (Del Murder)
    1 Leeza (Azar)

Anyone who did not vote for Shlup day 2 is suspicious. And since I still believe one who voted for BoB is still Mafia, here are those suspects, that both voted for BoB and not Shlup.
    Del Murder, Cid, Roogle, Zero, eest, hero.

Of course, those Voting for Clout are also suspicious, as he also helped to get rid of Shlup, and the only one who did that is Roogle.

As I thought, at least one person who voted for BoB was Mafia. Shlup. I still think it's possible at leat one other was. Of the others we have the following suspects.

Psychotic, Cid, ShlupQuack. Roogle. Zeromus, eestlinc, theundeadhero. and fire_of_avalon.

Though now, I would like to draw attention to these posts during day 2 I think are relevant to learning the true identity of these three posters, Cid, theundeadhero, and Hsu (Well, and a little more on BtV that hasn't been covered.). All three of which have been pulled out of the limelite after Shlup and Koshi dragged it all to them. (Note, I'm writing this while the thread is closed, so I'll just use the post number and let you guys look at them yourselves. :P)

Post # 137 - BtV - He claims votes based off his Mafia experiance before, yet doesn't go into detail on it. While again it's not much, it's a little odd that he woulnd't explain his vote in more detail then "expirience."

Post # 143 - Roo - He claims Cid is being suspicious. I will get more into why this is important later.

Post # 147 - Hsu - This is Hsu's first notable post. He says Roo is providing good insight, though may be reading to much into it. He also, however, decides to go along with Roo for now due to Cid's supposed Suspicious Behavior.

Post # 148 - Roo - HE goes along with Yams not having a good reason to go along with void during day two in agreance with Cid, and now claims he is suspcious of Yams.

Post #149 - Shlup - Says Yams is acting like a Newbie Mafia, and thinks both me and him are together.

Post #150 - Roo - He is quick to agree with Shlup, however says he isn't sure about foa, and beleives Yams or foa should be investigated.

Post #177 - Shlup - She is quick to jump at leeza, switching votes immidiately to her.

Post #198 - BtV - AGain he votes for me based off experience. However what he said was because I bandwagoned to kill a Citzen, which is what happened before.

Post #239 - Hsu - Agrees that Ko is likely not a cop, and proceeds to say a cop wouldn't reveal themselves without evidence.

Post #241 - Azar - Voices Suspicion against BtV (For no specific reason), Hero for keeping a low profile (Though he also hints at Zero and Hsu in that very suspicion), and Cid for going after Yams after voting for BtV.

Post #242 - Clout - In addition to my suspects, (BtV, Roo, Zero, and Koshi) he adds on Cid for him going along with Shlup over the Yam issue.

Post #244 - Azar - He points out that BtV and Roogle were suddenly in agreance on the likely possobility of a Second Mafia. He also notes that Roo believes Shlup raises a good point.

Post #244 - Roo - Roo claims he wouldn't slip us so easily and agree with shlup iso often he were Mafia, and then goes on to place Suspicioun on Ko and theundead hero. Finally pins blame on Zero for playing the newbie card.

Post #246 - Hsu - Hsu says the evidence is support of Yams is pretty solid when mentioned by Clout, though isn't ready to clear Yams's name yet.

Post #263 - Hsu - Instead of Hsu voting against Ko, he claims to beleive Ko is a cop, but a bad player. Then he places Blame on Hero for flying under the Radar ever more than he has been.

Post #264 - Cid - Now this post may very well have nothing to do with much, but I think it's still worth a look. He claims to have been testing Ko, to see if she could pull out evidence she was a cop, and yet goes to explain why he thinks she can't be.

Post #291 - Koshi - He had already claimed to be Mafia, and said that his fellow MAfians are BtV, Hsu, and Cid.

Post #294 - Eest points out Roo didn't switch votes with shlup to save me, (foa).
    He also notes Cid's voting paterns are erratic, and on impulse, so East beleives Cid is not Mafia.

He points out Hero for Bandwagoning.

Thinks void is either a Traitor or a Godfather, though doesn't give much reason to believe so, but goes on to say investigating him would be pointless as he would come up innocent anyway.

He then says that Hero seems to be going along with Koshi, and also claims that if Koshi is mafia, then so is he.

Points out Hsu is protecting Koshi.

Says foa, Leeza, Psy, and Cl_out are townies.

Claims BtV is the Most suspicious.

Post # 323 - BtV - In this massive post, BtV only said two things that was suspcious. Even though all I said he was doing was calling Ko out, even though all I did was establish there was no connection between Void and Ko. Yet, he still got defensive even though I hadn't blamed him for anything with that remark.

Also, after clout began suspecting both BtV and roogle, BtV said that Roo wasn't suspicious.

Post #324 - Azar - He says if it hand't been for Koshi's next claims, he would have probably voted for cid. He then specifically points out that him saying this isn't suspicious because three others had already done so.

He even goes so far as to post he even knew it had been eight votes, and that Koshi was going to be lynched, even though he gave reasons why she shouldn't have been.

Finally, he even seemed surprised she was a Citzen in his edit.

Next, I will list the people who voted for BoB, and didn't vote me in round 2, all of which have some suspicioun cast because of this.

Now, here are all my conclusions on this, and I'll sort them by Player.

BtV
    1. Both his votes are claimed to be based off expirience, because the Disney Mafia all Mafia bandwagoned to kill one person. Yet me, who he voted for, voted for BoB first, then switched to Azar shortly after. The reason for voiting for BoB again, is I was about to get Lynched. Thats hardly Bandwagoning, its protecting my own Hide.

2. He seems to not want any suspicion on Roo.

3. He gets defensive about things he shouldn't need to get defensive about, thus making him look nervous.

4) Azar pointed out possible connections with Roogle.

Hero
    1.) Been accuses a couple of times for bandwaggoning.

2) A mysterious Vote from Hsu, which depending upon Hsu's role, may mean something.

Yams
    1. The Mafia Shlup tried to discredit his defense of me.

2) Beleived by most to be innocent.

Roo
    1. Has shown possible ties with both BtV and Shlup, who was confirmed Mafia. This looks suspicious not only for Roo, but for BtV as well. However the RooxShlup Connection is brought into question by East.

2) Even though it was called in question, he himself said that he wouldn't blindly follow Shlup. Since Changing his vote so late in the game would arise to much suspicion. I say that eest mention of his connection shouldn't be considered when determining the scumness of roo.

eest
    1) Due to eest defense of Roo, trying to show a breakdown in the connection between Roo and Shlup leads me to think he may be sided with Roo. Meaning that it is likely lo be either RooxBTV, or Rooxeest.

Hsu

Okay, Hsu May very well be one of our smartest players. He has stayed under the radar for the most part. However, I would like to point out a couple things.

First, in the main thread, I believe it was Yams who said the cop is likely dropping suttle hints to his investigations, and clout himself said he beleives Hsu to be the smartest player we have right now.

So, look over Hsu's voting pattern.

Day 1 - Roogle.
    Day 2 - cid
    Day 3 - theundead hero

Mostley, I'd like you to turn your attention to the Day 3 vote. Note that hero wasn't really getting noticed, yet a bit of suspicion still set upon him. I'd think he would be a very good canidate for a Cop to investigate after Day 2 was over.

So, if Hsu is the cop, he may know if Hero is MAfia or not, though is still not quite ready to reveal himself. Someone like her is draining all of the attention to herself, and she isn't very helpful. Much better to let a useless townie get lynched then to get yourself lynched by roleclaiming cop as well.

However, if he is Mafia, he could easily just be doing all this to stay under the Radar so well. hero may still be Mafia, as really no one noticed, so a vote for him is completely safe, and won't draw attention a possible link. Of course, he could still be voting for a townie.

My point is, if Hsu is Mafia, that doesn't let off Hero. But if Hsu is a cop, I think Hero may just be Mafia.

I have a feeling that Hsu is definately a Cop or Mafia right now. Either way, he is playing his game smart.

However, It's quite important to find this out today. Because if we can, we can at least protect him for one more night with the doctor if he seems likely to be the cop. In addition, we can get his night 1 investigation, his night 2 investigation, and now his night 3.

So, I ask you this Hsu. Are you the Cop? If so, please explain yourself and give us your investigation info?

I know I could be screwing up severely by doing this, but I'm willing to take that risk.

(Note, I find it very hard to sound intelligent speaking with that crappy southern accent. :P)

Nice timing, I was just working on this post, and I have to go to work soon too!

Okay, time for that vote analyzing I promised you back in Day 2. Now with a little extra from Day 3. :]

Here's the vote tallies for each day:

DAY 1
    Loony BoB - 9 - (Del Murder, Psychotic, Cid, ShlupQuack, Roogle, Zeromus_X, eestlinc, theundeadhero, fire_of_avalon)
    fire_of_avalon - 6 - (Azar, Yamaneko, Behold the Void, Loony BoB, Kawaii Ryűkishi, Leeza)
    Roogle - 1 - (Hsu)
    Leeza -1 (Necronopticous)

DAY 2
    4 ShlupQuack (Leeza, foa, Psychotic, crono_logical)
    3 fire_of_avalon (Behold the Void, KoShiatar, Zeromus_X)
    2 crono_logical (ShlupQuack, Roogle)
    2 Behold the Void (Yamaneko, eestlinc)
    1 Yamaneko (Cid)
    1 Cid (Hsu)
    1 Azar (Del Murder)
    1 Leeza (Azar)

Haven't voted:
    theundeadhero

DAY 3
    KoShiatar - 8 (Cid, Leeza, Roogle, eestlinc, fire_of_avalon, Psychotic, theundeadhero, Zeromus_X)
    theundeadhero - 2 (Hsu, Koshiatar)

Didn't vote (day ended with majority vote)
    Azar
    Behold the Void
    crono_logical
    Del Murder
    Yamaneko

Now, let's try to look at the people who have been voted for cleared people on every day, and let's subtract the cleared and the dead people from that group.

People who voted for cleared people on day 1 (except people who are not dead): Del Murder, Psychotic, Cid, Roogle, Zeromus_X, eestlinc, theundeadhero, fire_of_avalon, Azar, Yamaneko, Behold the Void, Leeza

Out of THOSE people, who voted for cleared people on Day 2 (who are not dead):
    Behold the Void, Zeromus_X, Roogle, Azar

Out of THOSE people, who voted for cleared people on Day 3:
    Roogle, Zeromus_X. I'm going to add Behold the Void in here because he was going to vote koshiatar, he was only a minute late.

Certainly those three people are quite suspicious. But I would also think that the mafia wouldn't be so obvious either and may be trying to lay low. The person who's been laying the lowest of the three is Zeromus_X, and his statement yesterday wasn't exactly helping him:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero
    Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero
    Because I haven't been here, I don't know the story. So I'm going to trust what the majority think and hope for the best.
    Voting with the majority might single us out and make us obvious to what we are, but in this case, what is a person supposed to do?
    Of course, some of these can be innocent, and there could be mafia members outside that group, because like I said the mafia probably wouldn't be stupid enough to go for the majority and innocent people three days in a row. And why would they need to if the citizens are killing each other off themselves? So yeah, I'm going to look into the lay lowers too:

theundeadhero (he voted for BoB and Koshiatar, but he didn't vote on Day 2, and he was active during that time too.)
    Zeromus_X (he's in the previous group who voted for all 3 of them, and I think his votes are the only things he's ever posted)
    Hsu (he voted for 3 different people each day, but I don't have enough to go for him because we don't know the innocence of any of those 3 people he voted for)
    Del Murder (he's been playing it a lot like Hsu, but he was the first to vote on the first day so I thought he might not be mafia... except this thing about the second person to throw himself on a vote is guilty, and the first guy just being innocent, has been mentioned in other mafia games here, so maybe they decided to vote first this time to throw us, or at least me, off track.)

There's also one more person that I suspected yesterday that I didn't mention yet, Cid. He voted for Koshiatar too and no additional information has really come from him. I wouldn't go too hard on the people who voted for Koshiatar, though, because she pretty much had it coming. xD

This day lasts 48 hours so I won't vote yet! I'll be gone most of the 24th, but I'll be around more on 25th and 26th. Yay for days off.

edit:

I guess I should defend myself a little too!

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon
    Post #324 - Azar - He says if it hand't been for Koshi's next claims, he would have probably voted for cid. He then specifically points out that him saying this isn't suspicious because three others had already done so.
    I pointed that out because I didn't want to get suspected for a stupid reason. (me not wanting to kill koshiatar, because she could've be a cop) Now being suspected for good reasons, I'm fine with, like for instance my voting pattern which hasn't been that great, as pointed out in my post above.

He even goes so far as to post he even knew it had been eight votes, and that Koshi was going to be lynched, even though he gave reasons why she shouldn't have been.
    It had been eight votes? Why would I not know that? I didn't mean that I had given you reasons and you should stop immediately, I knew Koshiatar was already doomed when I started typing. I just wanted to say something before Del Murder closed the thread.

Finally, he even seemed surprised she was a Citzen in his edit.
    I was! I was sure she was either mafia or cop.
    Last edited by [M] Aaron; 12-24-2007 at 05:18 AM.