Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5151920212223242526272829303135 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia IV - Official Game Thread (Game Over: TOWN WIN)

Ok, I recognize voting without solid proof is kind of bad, but I get this feeling in my gut about Cid. He just jumped all over Zero when there was a chance to get the ball rolling, and we've seen how well lynching the crazies has turned out. That also makes me suspicious of Yams, who jumped in right afterwards and said the same thing, but also made sure there was at least some small slight discord between him and Cid, so they wouldn't look together, but to me it makes them look like they're more together. Ugh. I don't have much more to go on than that, but for now I can't vote for Zero because I can't help kill another possible townie, so here goes:

##Vote: Cid

my reason for voting for Zeromus was originally jumping on to the crazy most suspicious person but you're right cat lady that aint worked out for us too well. Hence when I sat back and thought about it I changed my vote to a less suspicious person.

Christmas time is family time?

Yeah, I'm visiting my sister and I'm going to stay here till tomorrow too. Hopefully after then I'll be around more. I'm borrowing the computer right now, but I don't have time to really analyze anything as I don't want to be lousy company, I'll hope you guys will be able to make a good decision.

I think perhaps we should assume the mafia knows who the cop is. Didn't take me long to figure it out.

I'm still suspicious about Roogle & BtV as a team. theundeadhero I haven't been able to let go of either. But as I've been a lot away I feel I'm quite not updated.

I'll check in again and vote later today. I know I'll have time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Azar View Post
    I think perhaps we should assume the mafia knows who the cop is. Didn't take me long to figure it out.
    smurf smurf smurf smurf smurf smurf smurf!

Azar is mafia, guys.

As he now knows who the cop is, I will tell you all what I believe: The cop has investigated Behold the Void and Cid and found them to be innocent. At first, I couldn't believe it. What the heck was going on? They're guilty! Surely someone's a godfather?

No. No no no no no. I was wrong.

In the last game, Kadabra, a mafia, specifically targetted Psychotic (before he realised he was a team mate) as a huge threat. Two night kills, two dead Psychotics. Psychotic. Jojo. You fear them

In the last game, Kadabra, a mafia, decided he would try to help the town by giving helpful advice.

Christ, Loony BoB called it on day bloody one, in one of his actual intelligent posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Azar: long, trying to sound intelligent post on the first day. Says "I don't mind taking personal risks as long as I know it will benefit the town as a whole." That's wonderful but what benefit would he actually give the town getting himself hit by the Mafia on the first day if he is actually an intelligent townie who can help the game? And what help did he actually give with that long post? Sure, it's long, it's intelligent sounding, but where's the actual substantive helpful content?
    I was an idiot. An absolute idiot. The mafia weren't targetting foa on day two. They were targetting Leeza. Christ (happy birthday bro), ShlupQuack VOTED for Leeza. Azar is a smart guy, or tries to give off that impression. If he was smart, why the HELL would he vote for Leeza? She was obviously town.

Quote Originally Posted by Azar
    I will vote for foa simply because she voted for me
    That's exactly why ShlupQuack voted for me! OMGUS.
    I have a feeling the mafia are staying in the background, posting some short post here and there.
    Precisely what you weren't doing.
    I think I'm going to vote for either foa or Leeza, though. I don't think they're both mafia, but I have a suspicion one of them might be, so if I was a cop I'd check one of them out next night.
    You said that to make the cop investigate a citizen. You knew they were innocent when you said that. And now, so do we.
    To sum up: I think either foa & yams are cooperating or BtV & Leeza are cooperating.
    Maybe Mafia:
    Koshiatar (if she isn't cop, she probably is)
    BtV
    theundeadhero (most suspicious of the stay low people, the other two stay lowers would be Zeromus_X and Hsu.)
    Cid (his vote for yams, who voted for BtV, might've screwed up things for him now)
    Look at him bandwagoning. When he made these posts, all of the people he's suspected were under pressure for being dodgy. And now thanks to the cop, logic and a cardflip, I've reason to believe all of them but theundeadhero is innocent.

DOCTOR! You're smart. You worked out who they were going to kill on night two. I need you to be smart again. Put together the clues. Find out the cop and save him tonight. This is deadly important. It doesn't matter who you were protecting before. The cop is all that matters.

Cop, investigate Azar tonight if he is not lynched today, and if he is, investigate Del Murder. Del might be the godfather but more on that at a later date.

Town, vote for Azar. I was right on ShlupQuack. Please, trust in me again and I will lead you to victory. I am so more sure of this than I was of Shlup. If I am wrong, lynch me because if I am, I'm a total failure - more than I am. I am asbolutely beside myself at missing this - and will just harm the cause. I can't provide more evidence than this because he is playing it smart. It's these subtle ball drops that I've pointed out to you that will catch him out.

##vote Azar

And as for you, "Azar". Are you really that terrified of me and all that I am? Thought you could avoid this, did you? Take the easy way out? Oh, you coward. Face me.

Oh, and don't try the FBI Agent roleclaim. :rolleyes2

Chrono you made your point as far as I am concerned.

##Unvote: Roogle
    ##Vote: Azar

I am not that suspious of Azar, he seems like a helpful citizen. Why would he say he figured out who the cop is and the mafia knows if he's mafia? Whatever, I don't have that much time. I will trust you on this one cl_out.

Smurf yes about the cop. Can everyone stop voting for me now? I am smurfing lost about how you are figuring out who he is though. If you're so sure mafia know then maybe you should tell us.

hmm... well i like your explainations crono

##unvote: Zeromus_X

I was a little bit suspicious of him anyway

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Behold the Void View Post
    Smurf yes about the cop. Can everyone stop voting for me now? I am smurfing lost about how you are figuring out who he is though. If you're so sure mafia know then maybe you should tell us.
    If the cop wants to reveal himself, he can. I don't think it's my place. Maybe he should if the mafia know who he is (he wasn't subtle in a recent post after all) but I dunno. Up to him.

Yeah, no longer a point in the cop hiding.
    I mean they already know about the secret messaging, and. likely started looking for it.

In addition, if Azar is in fact Mafia, we only have one left, and a list of Cleared Citzens, it's not like we have a big list of people to go through anymore.

If he comes out, at least we can have clout verify it, so he can be protected. I mean two suspects are seemingly cleared if Clout called it right.

However, even if they came back innocent, I'm not willing to clear them quite yet, given how one or the other is possibly the Godfather. No innocent verdict is definate in this game.

Though, I'll go along with clout again, as Azar has made himself look very suspicious.

##unvote: Cid
    ##vote: Azar

Crap, I just realized something.

IF Azar is MAfia, but not the Godfather, the Cop my very well be useless to us, since the Godfather will come back Innocent.

Though if there is no Godfather, (Which I think is likely given the last game had a Godfather, and there aren't many other power roles for Mafia).

Here's hoping Azar is the Godfather.
    Last edited by [M] Walter - Smart Dad; 12-25-2007 at 11:30 PM.

Foa you've voted for BtV even though you speak of voting for Azar...is this intentional?

Ach, sorry. I'm tired and had to put up with a strange mans family all day, I'll fix that now.

Edit: Okay, BtV and Cid were investigated, but that leaves one other person who could have been investiaged.

Tell us Clout, who was this and what was the verdict?

Of course, that person may be dead and not matter, but meh, the result may be important.

Edit:

In my defense, I also noted Azar acting odd.

Post #244 - Azar - He points out that BtV and Roogle were suddenly in agreance on the likely possobility of a Second Mafia. He also notes that Roo believes Shlup raises a good point.

Post #241 - Azar - Voices Suspicion against BtV (For no specific reason), Hero for keeping a low profile (Though he also hints at Zero and Hsu in that very suspicion), and Cid for going after Yams after voting for BtV.

Both of those were in this days beginning post :P.

However, I didn't really think of honing in on Azar like Clout there did after Azars post. :P.

I was to busy trying to draw out those who didn't get any attention.

Edit2: Based off him also trying to link Roo and BtV, if He is Mafia, even if there is a Godfather, it is not BtV, Cid, or Roo.

He also claims that Zero and Hsu are more suspicious for keeping a low profile then Hero. So Zero and Hsu aren't likely it either.
    Last edited by [M] Walter - Smart Dad; 12-25-2007 at 11:43 PM.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

OK, sorry Void. In the past mafia games I got the same feeling about you that I got about Buzz and Slowpoke, that they ere not for the town.

##Unvote: Behold the Void

Mind you, these are all based on Azar Being Mafia.

Believed Townies
    BtV, Roo, Hsu, Yams, Clout, foa, Leeza, Cid, Zero

Suspects
    Hero, eest,

Now I suspect eest still simply because she changed her vote after Clouts analysis.

Hero, howerver, I think may be the most likely to be Mafia ONLY, if Azar is Mafia.

Zero was the first to vote for Azar, so again if Azar is Mafia, voting for your ally right off is just plain silly.

Del I am curious about, mostly for getting after Roo for apparently replying that a list of people were not Citzens, all of which are on my list of believed townies, two of which the apperent Cop said turned up innocent, and those same two had some blame put on them by Azar.

I'm also suspect more of Hero, because while Azar did say he suspected him, he immediately states after word that Hsu and Zero are even more suspicious of keeping a low profile.

Also, due to Hsu's response to my calling him out, I believed he was a Citzen.

I was a bit to focused on calling out the least active players, when I should have been focusing on something different, especially since I noticed something odd before hand.

Guess I messed up. :P

If Azar and Del are mafia, I'd say Del is the godfather because of how he's staying in the shadows and not committing himself to anything major. He's more important than a mafia goon because of his scanproof ability and so will be less likely to put himself in the public eye.

Him and Azar have mentioned each other a little bit, and Del voted for Azar on a day when Azar was not under threat. I think this is because they saw the way I linked Shlup, Cid and Void together and are trying to throw us off.

It looks like Azar is going to be lynched. Thank you for your support. I hope to god I am right. I'm nervous to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by foa
    Tell us Clout, who was this and what was the verdict?
    I don't know who it was, I don't think the cop left clues (and if they did I did not see them). But I am pretty sure whoever it was turned up innocent. I have a feeling it was you, though, judging from the way the cop has acted.

No problem Clout, every time you bring something up, it was already one of my suspicions, so if I wasn't the only one seeing it, it likely had Merit to it.

Plus, you defending me is enough proof you aren't Mafia, so I know you aren't just trying to get townies Lynched.