Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1727313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Mafia IV - Official Game Thread (Game Over: TOWN WIN)

Why do you think there is no doctor cl_out? The doctor could have just protected the wrong people. It is hard to predict who the mafia are targeting during the night. Since everyone is roleclaiming and since you are bulletproof, I think it is okay for me to roleclaim this late in the game too.

I am the doctor. Here is who I protected every night and why.

Night 1: myself
    Night 2: cl_out
    Night 3: cl_out
    Night 4: Yamaneko
    Night 5: Yamaneko
    Night 6: Yamaneko
    Night 7: myself

When everyone was suspecting me in day 2 or 3 I said I did not want to resort to roleclaiming because I am not a normal citizen. I protected cl_out on night 2 because I thought he was for sure a citizen after lynching Shlupquack. I thought my protection had saved you which is why I kept saying that I know for sure you are a citizen. On night 4 I almost protected cl_out again, that is why I was asking cl_out to tell us who the cop he is working with is. But after I looked at the posts and cl_out said the cop was obvious in investigating Cid, I realized it was Yamaneko. That's why I said the doctor should not reveal himself yesterday, because I was bluffing and hoping the mafia will think the doctor will be protecting cl_out since I did not know you are bulletproof. On night 7 I protected myself again because I am not suspious to everyone anymore and thought the mafia might go after me, and because I am suspicious of Yamaneko now as well.

By process of elimanation, the only person I am still suspious of is Yamaneko. If he is mafia I will feel smurfing stupid because I wasted my protections when I could have saved someone. I don't think theundeadhero is mafia anymore because he would not risk himself to kill Hsu if he knew about Hsu, unless he was bluffing but it didn't look like it. Yamaneko needs to answer cl_out's question yesterday, why did you investigate Hsu?

Edit: Well my roleclaim just answered cl_out's last post.

That's interesting, Void. Tres, tres, interesting.

My bulletproof claim was actually a bluff. I'm the doctor. I claimed bulletproof so that the mafia, should we miss them, not target myself tonight, so that I could protect somebody else. I protected myself on night two, obviously.

Also, I am bound by the stipulation that I cannot protect the same person multiple nights in a row and so find it weird that you're allowed to.

Then I guess there are two doctors because I know for sure I am a doctor. I thought you knew too and that you picked up my hints.

Looking at c_lout's list, the case against Yams seems to be stronger than the one against eestlinc. Besides the fact that he's the only one who seems to suspect me when the rest of you know that I'm not mafia. I'm going to get the ball rolling.

##Vote: Yamaneko

EDIT: Two doctors? Really? Ok, I'm going to hold back for a bit. xD

##Unvote: Yamaneko

I thought you might have been a back up, which is why I was nervous about saying there was no doctor, in case you claimed that.

Did you have any kind of limitation on your doctor protection at all?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

You think that I am suspicious? Here is something in my defense

4 ShlupQuack (Leeza, foa, Psychotic, crono_logical)
    3 fire_of_avalon (Behold the Void, KoShiatar, Zeromus_X)
    2 crono_logical (ShlupQuack, Roogle)
    2 Behold the Void (Yamaneko, eestlinc)
    1 Yamaneko (Cid)
    1 Cid (Hsu)
    1 Azar (Del Murder)
    1 Leeza (Azar)

This is the final vote talley from day 2. If I were mafia, then I would have kept my vote for foa instead of changing it to Void. That would have forced a tie, and someone would have to break the tie. Probably Hsu or Azar would vote foa, and Shlup would be alive longer.

If you don't believe im a townie, then lynch me. You see I'm not lying, and probably lose to the mafia as well.

Anyways, here are the roleclaims made by the remaining players

Yamaneko - cop
    crono_logical - doctor
    eestlinc - townie
    Void - doctor
    hero - none

cl_out, can we have a list of who you protected each night?

Well smurf, I hope this doesn't cast suspion on me now. Miriel and Del gave me no stipulations at all. I'm not mafia and if I were I wouldn't roleclaim now when everyone is more suspious of other people and not me. I did not just make this up, I have been hinting it for a while.

Edit: It makes sense there are two doctors since you were a replacement, they were not going to allow your character to play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    cl_out, can we have a list of who you protected each night?
    You've been very interested in the doctor and who they've protected for the last two days now. I don't see what there is to gain from it other than predicting who they will protect tonight.

As I am not allowed to protect the same person two nights in a row, I don't want to let the mafia know who isn't going to be protected tonight should we miss them today.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

Actually, there is a role known as the weak doctor. It functions just like a regular doctor, but dies if they target a mafia. I think if there are two doctors, then it is highly possible that one of them is either weak or naive. We already had a lot of different roles this game, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Wouldn't the weak doctor know they are weak? And smurf it if there are naive roles in this game, that's just stupid.

You see, the original stipulation was that I couldn't protect myself more than three nights in a row I believe. That was the PM sent to the original cl_out. However, because I am a replacement, and I am somebody who has been in this game previously (and the mafia, whoever they are, know who I am) with a different account, they nerfed it so that I couldn't protect the same person more than one night in a row.

Now, I can understand the second part not being placed on you, but not the first part.

My post about there being no doctor, that was partially a trap. It was mostly to throw the mafia for tonight, but it was also to see if somebody would roleclaim doctor. By somebody, I mean eestlinc. Yes, until your claim of doctor, I would've targetted eestlinc.

When Yamaneko called you out as innocent, I thought you were pretty much safe, but a nagging doubt in my mind has remained. He's not a cop after all, and so the original reason has expired. ShlupQuack defended you on day two. I saw that and it caused his downfall. In fact, Goldenboko, knowing who I am because Levian is a bigmouth, sent an angry PM to me blaming me for smurfing the mafia over. I've never quite understood. What is he talking about? I accused three people. Void, Cid, ShlupQuack, and only one was mafia. Perhaps it isn't fair to use this PM of his as evidence, but then again, perhaps it wasn't fair to kill me the first time based on my real identity. Anyway, that defence was what gave it all away. That's how I caught ShlupQuack. And since then, Azar took great care to accuse you a lot, trying to dispose of all links between the two of you. And it worked.

You were willing to take an investigation. I said at the time that eliminates you from being a mafia goon, and to that I hold, Don Void. You've played like a Don in that you've accused your fellow mafia to hide yourself, and because you have the most power, they've sacrificed themselves to keep you alive. And that's why I'm not dead, isn't it? Not because I'm bulletproof, but because I am in control - people follow me on the votes - and I believed you innocent. As long as I believed you to be one of us, and could lead the town away from you, I was safe. Of course, on night 2 you were my #1 suspect, hence the attempt on my life. Thanks for that, by the way. Much obliged.

Now, Hsu. Hsu, Hsu, Hsu. I think you set that whole thing up. That's why you killed Roogle - to say it was to silence her investigation on Hsu, giving you reason to vote for him. And you voted first, how very convienient, knowing he was a bomb, and you knew the damage he would do to the town if he exploded. He willingly sacrificed himself to clear you even further, and to kill another town member.

Now today's roleclaim. You waited until all others had claimed (let us assume theundeadhero is a citizen because he was willing to sacrifice himself to take out the bomb, and if he was the doctor, he wouldn't be willing to do that. I sure as heck was not) before claiming doctor. The failed attempt on my life on night two suddenly made sense - it was because I was bulletproof, not because there was a doctor skulking about. You could claim doctor and nobody would dispute it. Today you would secure the lynch of Yamaneko, and tonight theundeadhero would go. You and I would lynch eestlinc the next day, and hey, a tie's better than a loss. Although it wouldn't be a tie because I aint bulletproof, and I can't protect myself forever.

You are the mafia godfather.

Here goes nothing.
    ##vote: Behold the Void.

Alright. I'll follow. I'm going to trust your reasoning right now and vote with you.

##Vote: BtV

One more vote needed to lynch.

Whoa well you are smurfing wrong. I am not the mafia godfather and I am not mafia at all. I am the doctor. If I were mafia I would have seen through your claim that there is no doctor and believed that there is one, as I never believed Del and Miriel would make a game with no doctor at all. Therefore I would have never roleclaimed doctor if I actually wasn't. I don't know why you had stipulations and I didn't but I had no stipulations and I am still the smurfing doctor.

If I were a mafia godfather I would not stick my neck out and try to kill foa so much on the first days. On day 2 I was almost certain that foa was a mafia. I almost got myself lynched doing that. I also voted for Azar and Hsu. And why would I get you to lynch eestlinc when you even said that you do not believe eestlinc is mafia yesterday. Apparently I suck at playing this game and should have just kept my mouth shut again but you're making a huge mistake if you lynch me.

Also keep in mind I have been hinting I'm the doctor since the beginning. Why would I do that if I just wanted to claim it now that cl_out said there is no doctor. I'm sure the mafia's laughing because I'm taking the attention off them.

I also looked at the votes and if I were mafia I would have jumped on the Zeromus band wagon yesterday instead of going for Hsu. Then if I really wanted to "pretend" and kill Hsu to gain your favor I would have done it today instead of yesterday. Zeromus_X already had a lot of votes before I voted for Hsu. If I am mafia then I would want the other mafia to be alive as long as we can. If you are convinced to lynch me then go ahead but you would just be letting the mafia win. I am sure they're laughing right now.