Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21313536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Mafia IV - Official Game Thread (Game Over: TOWN WIN)

The only person who isn't obviously town is you and you're certainly not going to vote for yourself. eestlinc knows he's not mafia. You know he's not mafia and I'm not mafia. eestlnc is the only one who is unsure and I'm pretty convinced he's just dragging it out to make Del and Miriel explode.

Please. Be lyched now.

You seem 100% sure that eestlinc is not mafia. I'm not even 100% sure and I think I have a better case against you than you do against me. Why are you so sure that eestlinc is town?

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

OK then, I'm ready to vote.

##Vote: Behold the Void

I am sure I am right. While hero did nothing but bandwagon, he never got flusterd when he was suspected. Void would constantly try to prove theories against him wrong, and that is what I found most suspicious.

Well I put in a DAMN valiant effort XD

Like I said. If he's not, he's already won. You and I are at one vote each from each other. He just needs to vote for anyone, doesn't matter who, and kill the other one during the night phase. eestlinc is town because if he's mafia he retarded.

I'm going to go use the bathroom and get some pepsi. You'd better be dead by the time I get back.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally after days and days of deaths and turmoil, the end had finally come. theundeadhero was sure this time, he knew what to do. He reached into his bag and pulled out a huge shot gun. But wait, where were the bullets?

eestlinc! eestlinc had the bullets. "Give 'em to me man, we gotta end this!" But eestlinc was reluctant, he wanted to carefully go over the details of the past few days so that there would be no mistake. "GIVE ME THE DAMN BULLETS!!!" theundeadhero screeched at him. Growing tired and impatient of all the prodding, he gave in and handed him a single bullet.

theundeadhero turned to Behold the Void, and before Void had a chance to say or do anything, shot his head clean off his body.

Behold the Void was the Mafia Godfather, originally played by edczxcvbnm, replaced by Jojee.

eestlinc and theundeadhero were both Citizens played by qwertyxsora and Roto13 (replaced Sergeant Hartman).

Winners: The Town

Congratulations to:

[M] Cid (leader of mortals)
    [M] crono_logical (Psychotic [replacement for Kentarou])
    [M] Leeza (Sheep)
    [M] Loony BoB (Jojee) - but you know, not really.
    [M] Del Murder (oddler)
    [M] Roogle (Jessweeee♪ and Death by Moogles)
    [M] Yamaneko (Iceglow)
    [M] eestlinc (qwertyxsora)
    [M] fire_of_avalon (NeoCracker)
    [M] KoShiatar (demondude55)
    [M] Necronopticous (Raebus and Shauna)
    [M] Psychotic (roto13 and Firo Volonde)
    [M] theundeadhero (Roto13 [replaced Sergeant Hartman])
    [M] Zeromus_X (Pureghetto)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yay!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Hooray! I won while I was on the toilet! I'm just THAT awesome!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No fair. Jojee wins no matter what.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Scum Role Messages

You are Mafia!

Detesting the way the Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums have changed over time, you want nothing more than to go back to how things were in the "good ol' days". The Staff has grown inflated and weak in your eyes, and in order to restore EoFF back to its former glory, you must do a little internal housekeeping. The other Staff members won't give up power so easily, but you'll find ways to strip them of their titles and banish them.

You have the ability to communicate with other Mafia members and every night, you and your mafia teammates must decide who to eliminate and banish forever from the forums. This person will show up as "banned" the next day.

Along with your fellow Mafia members, you win when all other Staff members are destroyed.
    You are Mafia Godfather!

Detesting the way the Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums have changed over time, you want nothing more than to go back to how things were in the "good ol' days". The Staff has grown inflated and weak in your eyes, and in order to restore EoFF back to its former glory, you must do a little internal housekeeping. The other Staff members won't give up power so easily, but you'll find ways to strip them of their titles and banish them.

You have the ability to communicate with other Mafia members and every night, you and your mafia teammates must decide who to eliminate and banish forever from the forums. This person will show up as "banned" the next day.

In addition, as the Mafia Godfather, you will show up as "town" when a cop investigates your role alignment. This gives you an added bonus, and you may be able to be more bold in your actions because of your immunity to being found guilty by cops.

Along with your fellow Mafia members, you win when all other Staff members are destroyed.
    You are a Mafia Bomb!

In addition to being a part of the Mafia group, you also have the special characteristic that if you are lynched, the person to cast the final vote on your lynching will also die. Incorporate your knowledge of being a bomb into your strategy as you see fit.

You are a Serial Killer!

All these staff members, always complaining about this or that. Constantly bickering about who to Knight, who to ban, and everything in between. But that's it. You've had enough. You can't let them bring down the forums as they continue to fight amongst themselves. So you're gonna take actions into your own hands. None of these other Staff members deserve to be on Staff any more. None of them. It's time to take them out, one by one.

Every night, you will PM me or Del Murder with one Staff member to kill. Choose wisely! Serial Killer is one of the hardest roles to play as you can trust and rely on only yourself.

You win when you are the very last person standing and control of EoFF is entirely your's.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Town Role Messages

Quote Originally Posted by Sent to both cop and naive cop
    You are a Cop!

Something fishy is going on amongst the Staff. You can sense it. Trouble and e-drama is brewing and it's not gonna be pretty. You hear whispers about certain Staff members being forced out of their positions and demoted and a whole takeover of EoFF. This is bad. You need to find out which staff members are behind this massive betrayal and stop them before it is too late.

Every night, you will PM one Staff Member's name to me or Del Murder and investigate that person. We will tell you the general alignment of that person, "Town" or "Scum" but you will not get their specific role details.

Use this information you get from the investigations to aid the town victory so that the loyal Staff members can maintain control over EoFF and rid the forums of the staff members gone bad.

You win when the town wins.
    You are a tracker!

Everything is not all right in EoFF land. The forum members grow restless and the bickering amongst staff has reached epic proportions. The Staff and the forums may not survive the e-drama that is about to implode in the Staff forum. There have been whisperings of forced demotions and unauthorized bannings of Staff members. Could it be? An EoFF takeover from inside the Staff itself?

You have the special ability of being able to "track" the nighttime activities of Staff members. Every night, PM the name of the Staff member that you would like to follow that night and we will give you information on who, if anybody, that person has targeted during the night. This means that the tracking may turn up with two results.

1) Person A did not target anyone tonight.
    2) Person A targeted Person C tonight.

Keep in mind that Pro-town roles such as doctors and cops will show up on your tracking results as having targeted someone. Use the information you receive as a tracker to help the town and the loyal EoFF staff members win over the the Staff members who have gone bad.

You are a doctor!

Threats have been made against various Staff members and this makes you uneasy. Nothing has happened yet, but you can feel it in your bones that the Staff is on the edge of a huge meltdown. Who is against who at this point? It's so hard to keep track, with all the fighting that has been going on. You're not sure of anything except for the fact that you can't let a handful of Staff members ruin EoFF. You will do your best to try and keep Staff members from being unjustly being demoted and banned.

Every night, you will choose one person that you suspect to be innocent and in danger to protect for that night. Your protection will keep this Staff member from any harmful nighttime activity.

You may protect yourself, but no more than two nights in a row.

You will win if the town wins.
    You are Beloved Princess!

You are a well respected and long time member of the EoFF forum staff. Kinda like RSL! Even amongst all the bickering and fighting that has overwhelmed the staff lately, you have tried to keep a level head. But even you can't be sure to be safe from all the treachery and backstabbing that the forum Staff has descended into.

Your alignment is with the Town, and along with the other innocent Staff members, you must try and find and ban all the bad Staff members who want to take control of EoFF.

But if you should die during the night or be lynched during the day, it will result in a mourning period and the next "Day" period will be skipped over.

You will win if the town wins.
    You are a Citizen!

A loyal member of the Eyes on Final Fantasy moderating Staff, you have put in a lot of effort to keep the forums running smoothly. But things have become disjointed. The Staff members who you used to get along so well with have become distant and discontent. There have been rumblings about EoFF not being the same as it used to... and even a hint at the idea of a EoFF takeover. It seems that a group of rogue staff members are actually willing to force out and unjustly demote all the other Admins and CKs. You can't let this happen. But who do you trust? You must find out who these rotten apples are and along with the other loyal Staff members, get rid of them in order to secure the safety of the Forums.

Every day, the town must decide and vote on which staff member to dishonorably demote and ban based on suspicion of being scum.

You must uncover all those Staff members who are deviously planning to take over the Staff in order for the Town to have victory.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Voting results are listed in the attached spreadsheet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Explanation for a few of the roles:

Beloved Princess, Naive Cop, and Mafia Bomb. All three things were designed to help the mafia without actually giving Mafia more members. The town's greatest strength is in numbers. So instead of having like, 6 Mafia players (which I think would have overpowered them too much) we added roles that would be helpful towards the mafia while still have the town's power be appropriately balanced in terms of their advantage in numbers as well as the additions of cop, doctor, and tracker.

Seeing how things turned out, I'd say that both groups were pretty evenly balanced.

We added Serial Killer in there because we wanted a fast paced game with lots of stuff happening. That didn't work out too well. We don't like slow games, I dunno if you guys could tell. >_>

Stupid roles.

There were none in this game. Every role served a purpose. Whether it was to add power toward one side or another, every role added a balance or dynamic to the game. Let's look at a role like naive cop. Naive cop obviously helps the mafia. At the same time, it provides an interesting dynamic between cop and naive cop. Who's telling the truth? Who to trust? Naive doctor on the other hand, what the hell would that role be good for? It doesn't help the town, it doesn't help the mafia. It's just useless. By stupid roles, we mean roles that don't add anything to the game, one way or another. That's the reason why jester is such a sad role, because it doesn't benefit the town, the mafia OR the jester himself/herself. It's just there to be all weird and mess with people. But for really no other reason.

As for two of the replacements... Psychotic took over the role of crono_logical and given his particular skills at playing this game, when asked if Jojee could replace edczxcvbnm, she was allowed to take over the account of Behold the Void. Having Jojee on Mafia side and Psychotic on Town side balanced things out pretty well I think although in terms of who gets to play for which side, we never actively sought out to make it balanced in terms of great players and ok players, and so-so players. That stuff is just in the luck of the draw.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congrats to all the winners.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Night time selections:

Night 1
    Necronopticous (Tracker) - Leeza
    Roogle (Cop) - fire_of_avalon
    crono_logical (Doctor) - None
    Yamaneko (Naive Cop) - fire_of_avalon
    Kawaii Ryűkishi (Serial Killer) - Necronopticous
    Mafia - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Night 2
    Roogle - crono_logical
    crono_logical - crono_logical
    Yamaneko - Behold the Void
    Mafia - crono_logical (protected)

Night 3
    Roogle - Cid
    crono_logical - Yamaneko
    Yamaneko - Cid
    Mafia - Psychotic

Night 4
    Roogle - eestlinc
    Yamaneko - Roogle
    Mafia - Cid

Night 5
    Roogle - Hsu
    crono_logical - Yamaneko
    Yamaneko - theundeadhero
    Mafia - fire_of_avalon

Night 6
    Roogle - Zeromus_X
    crono_logical - Leeza
    Yamaneko - Hsu
    Mafia - Roogle

Night 7
    Yamaneko - Zeromus_X
    Mafia - Zeromus_X

Night 8
    crono_logical - theundeadhero
    Mafia - crono_logical