Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718192333 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia IV - Official Game Thread (Game Over: TOWN WIN)

How is it obvious that necro was the serial killer's kill? They were both killed. Wouldn't that mean that the serial killer wouldn't be able to use their power? That is what I thought.

Also, as for your comments about me, if it is so important to vote first then why did I vote for foa 4th last round? That isn't being very consistent.

Wow, thats a lot their Clout. .

Of the three you listed, Shlup is one of the ones that I was suspecting more, as she was one who voted for little ol' BoB.

Though both you and Azar suspect BtV.

For now, I will vote for that little ole quaker girl though.

##vote:Shlupquack

Actually, wow. That's a mouthful clout, and if you're mafia, you've got me convinced you're not. It actually did make me think about the game, and even if I'm being a bad townie, I will keep my vote on Schlup because I agree with some of the stuff you posted, and some of the stuff she has posted has been rather telling. I can tell you, switching from BoB to foa was just a silly move, and really it was the first day, so I don't think it much mattered. And now that someone has put all ths information together for me to help me decide who to vote for, I'm not changing my vote, unless something absolutely drastic and telling happens.

EDIT: Also, like I have said, this is the first time I've played, and I gather I'm not doing so well. Sorry about that.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

I'm pretty sure the serial killer kills before the mafia, and the mafia targeted Kishi, while he targeted Necro.

I think that Leeza may be the jester, as she is purposly drawing attention to herself with actions that make no sense to the game like votig for the next poster.

I voted for foa only as a bandwagon from day one as I was very busy today, and I was not sure I could get back on the internet before voting closed. For now I am going to

##Unvote: foa

and read all of the posts carefully again and decide who to vote for.

OOC: Again, there will be no jester in this game. Really it's just a silly role that doesn't add anything to the Mafia experience. Can we stop assuming there is a Jester?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Behold the Void View Post
    How is it obvious that necro was the serial killer's kill? They were both killed. Wouldn't that mean that the serial killer wouldn't be able to use their power? That is what I thought.
    Who else could have done it? Two mafias and a serial killer is way too over powered on the scum side for a game of 20. Also, killing someone doesn't stop their night activity. Only a roleblock can do that. Necronopticous still tracked somebody. Who? We don't and never will know.

But tell you what, let's ask the mods. Miriel? Del (real Del)? Let's suppose the serial killer wanted to kill someone, and somebody else wanted to kill the serial killer. Would the serial killer's kill still go through?

Also, as for your comments about me, if it is so important to vote first then why did I vote for foa 4th last round? That isn't being very consistent.
    For the record, you voted for her third. Loony BoB unvoted her. Yes, she voted for her later on, but by the time you had voted, Loony BoB had already unvoted.

So okay, you didn't vote for her first. If foa is seen as a bandwagoner by yourself for voting second on Loony BoB, let's also assume that there is no difference between voting second and voting third, and you, also, are a bandwagoner. (and apparently so am I for voting for you second so you may suspect me for that reason if you so wish). Now, didn't you say that bandwagoning was suspicious and that's why foa earned your vote today? By the same logic, maybe you shouldn't have problem with me voting for you.

rrrrollllclaim: No, I am not a jester. No, I am not a mafia. No, I do not get to do anything cool because I am a plain citizen and it's not the most exciting thing in the world. So I'm trying to spice it up.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by [M] crono_logical View Post
    But tell you what, let's ask the mods. Miriel? Del (real Del)? Let's suppose the serial killer wanted to kill someone, and somebody else wanted to kill the serial killer. Would the serial killer's kill still go through?
    Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? We're not gonna clarify any of this stuff for you guys. Nothing that happens during the night phases will be revealed until the game is over.

So you are saying that I am mafia because no matter what you will make a reason for me to be mafia? Let say there is not difference between voting 2nd and voting 20th for all we care. I already said my vote is based on Disney Mafia. I have said it today as well as yesterday. The bandwagon thing is more or less jumping too fast and not a true band wagon I guess but I also specify it being on page one, ie too eagar and fast.

So, I shouldn't defend myself at all? I should let other people defend me now. But wait, that is what shlup did and that makes me mafia as well.

There seems to be no winning with you as you have made up your mind about me.

Due to how you try to make all the arguements work to make me look guilty despite there being contradictions in logic, you are trying to confuse people and thus are probably mafia as well.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Leeza View Post
    EDIT: Also, like I have said, this is the first time I've played, and I gather I'm not doing so well. Sorry about that.
    I figured it was something like this. I'm glad you want to try harder and look forward to some analysis from you! Mafia can be a very fun game when played properly - I know I loved writing up that big ol' post back there. I do believe you when you say you're a regular citizen, but here's another tip. If you are a vanilla townie, don't tell anyone. The VT's job is to take the bullets at night in place of the power roles and it only helps the mafia narrow down their list of power role suspects if they know who VTs are. Just tell people you're town.

And oh, okay Miriel. Still, I hold to the point that nobody else could have done it, and this game is too small to capacitate three killing factions.

Double post 'cause Void posted while I was writing my last one.
    So, I shouldn't defend myself at all? I should let other people defend me now. But wait, that is what shlup did and that makes me mafia as well.
    Defend away. I welcome challenges to what I've said because it makes myself and the other townsfolk think about it more. Discussion is great and our key weapon in the fight against the mafia. But you can't say "I'm not mafia - I did X!" when you voted for somebody else who did X - because they did X - and expect not to be called on it.
    There seems to be no winning with you as you have made up your mind about me
    Nah. Just my current theory. If one of the people who I have named with you gets lynched and cardflips town, well, at the present moment that would totally undermine a lot of the arguments I've made against you so I'd retract them. I'm also interested to see if the cop takes me up on what I said. If you're innocent, you should have nothing to fear from an investigation so relax.

ANOTHER EDIT: Yeah I didn't think you'd be lynched today but now eest has voted for you it's a possibility. The cop investigation thing might not come into play after all.
    Due to how you try to make all the arguements work to make me look guilty despite there being contradictions in logic, you are trying to confuse people and thus are probably mafia as well.
    Which contradictions in logic are those? I cannot see any, and I'd be grateful for you to point them out so I can correct them. Also, "probably mafia as well"? As well as who?

EDIT: Going to bed now guys but I'll try to be back before the lynching hour.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Kurt - Cool Dad's Avatar

After reading some posts I am suspicious of Void, Hsu and KoShiatar.

Void for the reasons stated by cl_out, as well as he is basing much of his arguments about mafia actions on the disney mafia game, where the mafia played really badly in the entire game. (Sorry to the people who were mafia that round) so the current mafia would not try to replicate that.

Hsu has been extreamly inactive, only popping in o vote once in a while, and then vanishing again. He could be trying to lay under the radar, and watch us kill eachother.

KoShiatar is inactive in this thread. If she does not get a replacement soon that means she is mafia and only active in the forum that the mafia discuss stuff in.

Seeing as Void is the only one out of those people getting votes, I shall

##Vote: Behold the Void

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] fire_of_avalon View Post
    OOC: Again, there will be no jester in this game. Really it's just a silly role that doesn't add anything to the Mafia experience. Can we stop assuming there is a Jester?

We can't say that for sure. It's not so silly if you think about it. Mafia can act as suspicious as they want as long as someone will fret about whether they are the jester or not. I believe what Miriel meant when they were starting up the Pokemon mafia was that these roles will not be used.

Fine. Whatever. Investigate me. I have nothing to fear except going out before I can be investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Roogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] fire_of_avalon View Post

We can't say that for sure. It's not so silly if you think about it. Mafia can act as suspicious as they want as long as someone will fret about whether they are the jester or not. I believe what Miriel meant when they were starting up the Pokemon mafia was that these roles will not be used.
    Del did originally say not stupid roles, use your common sense.

And no matter how I think about it, the jester is still silly. Sure, the Mafia can act all suspicious liek with him, but if he still gets lynched, he wins. Mafia and Town loose.