Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 591011121314151617181920212535 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia IV - Official Game Thread (Game Over: TOWN WIN)

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Oh. Really. Well as long as you're risking your neck and telling us you're a cop, why don't you tell us the results you've come up with? It would help us a whole lot. Or perhaps confuse us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yameneko
    BtV is smelling a little fishy in my opinion what with so many throw backs to the pokemon mafia game seriously, BtV the mafia games of the past should have no effect on your voting here. I'm pretty sure we can all see foa voted BoB to save her own ass and because it was her or BoB and BoB was acting strangely suspicious.
    Did you read my posts at all? o_O I know foa voted for BoB in the end to save her own ass, and I thought we covered this point already and my answer was a direct answer to your post. And my post just before yours should have made that clear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yamaneko
    I really disagree with you there, jumping the band waggon to try against bob wasn't going to be hard, she only did what most of us did straight off because she got close to being lynched. Who seriously doubted bob was a mafia man? seriously that behaviour?

##vote: behold the void
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Behold the Void
    She voted for BoB second then changed her vote and then changed it back to BoB. Get the story straight. She jumped on second and then got off. She didn't hop back on the band wagon. She voted in the end to save her rear.

I am voting for her because she band wagoned on page one at the start of the day.
    Are you trying to confuse everyone or just missing my posts? I already said that if a cop wants to investigate me, I welcome them to do it. I really wish they would, so I can clear my name.

And I thought shlup was wondering if the serial killer was able to kill someone even though he died, because that's what I was thinking. If not then there would have to be two mafia factions. Did no one else wonder that? I know that might be unlikely given that there is a serial killer, who knows what Del Murder and Miriel could have done to mix up the game? I'm sorry if that makes me seem suspicious. I'm throwing some ideas out there, I'm not saying I'm absolutely sure. On the other hand I don't see why some of you seem to be absolutely 100% how the mafia works and also that the serial killer can kill someone even though he died.

Edit: What the hell? Why would you tell us you're the cop, Koshiatar? You're not even in danger and you reveal the most useful role? Either you're making a really stupid move or you're mafia. If you really are the cop, then go ahead and investigate me if anyone's still suspicious of me but that just seems like a really stupid or suspicious thing to do to say what you are.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

@Roogle.

Yep but I need doctor protection am I heard!

I'm gonna investigate leeza.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    If foa's a mafia, then I definitely think cl_out is too. You seem hell bent against me and convinced that foa is innocent, while you didn't even say a reason why you think she's innocent, just that she's "NOT Mafia." That's why I think you are a mafia as well.
    foa's "NOT Mafia" because you and your boys are. I thought that was implied. If I'm wrong about you being mafia then my reason for thinking foa is innocent is proved wrong and I'll consider her again. Now, you seem to think I believe foa to be innocent because of my role. Well, there's more than one role besides mafia that I could have where I'd know foa's innocence, so your reason for suspecting me is poor. However I've already said I'm using logic to determine her innocence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Void
    Sure the mafia might not do the same thing again but who says that they will definitely do something different, it's all up in the air.
    I'm inclined to think the mafia would not try a strategy that was absolutely terrible and got their counterparts lynched in the previous game.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yamaneko View Post
    I disagree the cop ought to keep their findings hidden until it becomes clear he/she has to intervene because if they reveal themselves with too many mafia around then they'll simply get lynched or whacked.
    I totally disagree with this. I'm assuming that there will be a doctor in this game, and will obviously protect the cop if he or she comes forward. It's the cop's job to tell us who the mafia are otherwise we're stumbling in the dark, and it's just bad play from the cop if they don't. I don't think they should come forward if they find people innocent, but a guilty investigation means they definitely should.

And even if they do get whacked, it's a sacrifice they should make. Once we find one mafia, we can build up links to others and I can't see why anybody could think any differently.

As for getting lynched, well, who in their right mind would vote to lynch someone who has roleclaimed cop?
    now band wagoneering behind my vote thus making it incredibly likely I will get lynched for being one of them even though I am not? This would throw the shadow of suspicion over crono and eestlinc.
    Leeza and/or foa were, at the time, easier band wagons to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup
    I am not a bandwagoner cl.
    You've voted for Loony BoB, foa and Leeza. These three people have received more votes than anyone else has. Yeah, you are a bandwagoner.
    If I can be blamed for it then what about Zeromus_X, and theundeadhero, who basically sealed Loony BoB dying? For all we know they could be mafians based on the logic that "If you voted for Loony your suspicious".
    Absolutely - everybody who voted for Loony BoB, a townie, should at least be looked at. The reason I have no called out hero and Zeromus is because they haven't done the additional things that you have done. Links in a chain, dear Shlup. Links in a chain.

As for Loony BoB and Leeza, they've been bad citizens. Going around shifting your vote onto people and voting for the next person to vote in the thread is NOT mafia behaviour because it makes you a lynch magnet, as we've seen. Christ, Leeza saw what happened to Loony BoB and acted in the exact same way...why would a mafia do that? Presumably when you voted for them, you did not expect face reprecussions for it because they've acted like lunatics.

"Mafia, not Mafia, Mafia", because you don't know that unless your mafia.
    You're using the exact same reasoning Void did. I guess that's the official mafia party line. Allow me to show you how poor this logic is.quote]Are you saying I'm suppose to be perfect, and never make a wrong accusation?[/quote]How do you know you made a wrong accusation? You don't know that unless you're mafia. See? It's an easy argument to form against someone. Do I have to qualify each thing I say with "I think" or "I believe" at the start? What's the point? I assumed you could all tell it was just my theories and thoughts rather than explicit knowledge that I have.

##unvote Behold the Void
    ##vote ShlupQuack

PREVIEW EDIT: oh holy . Cop roleclaim!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshi
    I need doctor protection because I'm a cop.
    Are you voting for foa because you investigated her last night? If not, who did you investigate and what result did you get?

I wasn't available yesterday which is why I didn't post.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] KoShiatar View Post
    @Roogle.

Yep but I need doctor protection am I heard!

I'm gonna investigate leeza.
    If you were the cop, then you've made it known that you are the cop. The mafia may target you whether or not you've posted your investigations or not, so you may as well tell us who you investigated last night.

...of course I don't believe you're the cop at all. It would be foolish to roleclaim at this point. At the most you would have one result, and because you do not know your sanity you still have no idea if that result is correct. Even if you were sure of your one result you are not in danger of being lynched. It would only hurt you and the town to roleclaim.

I wasn't active yesterday.

And I am a cop bear with me and be surprised when you the proof comes.

I'm a bit suspicious of KoShiatar's roleclaim because
    A) She had no reason to reveal herself to us because she hasn't got any results.
    B) Voted for foa just to make herself not look suspicious...and this is foa who I believe to be a mafia target.
    C) Investigating Leeza. Why are you doing that, KoShiatar?

If you, the reader, are the real cop and know KoShi's claims are bogus, please for the love of god come forward and tell us. If you don't, I'll believe her (and presumably so will the rest of the town) and then you've just caused the town to take a real beating.

If you are the cop, KoShiatar, then you'll understand why it's in the town's best interests to at least question you and your motives before following you.

Liar, youre not the cop Ko, I know this one for sure.

I don't believe Koshiatar is the real cop, that was just too random and suspicious. I don't think the real cop should come out and reveal themselves either like cl_out's saying. They should investigate first and find out what's going on. Sure the doctor can protect the cop if he roleclaims, but that just gives an advantage to the mafia because they'll know who the doctor is protecting and can go after everyone else and know they won't fail. And the doctor won't always be able to protect the cop, what if the doctor dies?

Quote Originally Posted by [M] crono_logical View Post
    I'm a bit suspicious of KoShiatar's roleclaim because
    A) She had no reason to reveal herself to us because she hasn't got any results.
    B) Voted for foa just to make herself not look suspicious...and this is foa who I believe to be a mafia target.
    C) Investigating Leeza. Why are you doing that, KoShiatar?

If you, the reader, are the real cop and know KoShi's claims are bogus, please for the love of god come forward and tell us. If you don't, I'll believe her (and presumably so will the rest of the town) and then you've just caused the town to take a real beating.

If you are the cop, KoShiatar, then you'll understand why it's in the town's best interests to at least question you and your motives before following you.
    Cop: Do not reveal yourself!

Like I said before, if the cop were to reveal themselves, it would hurt both them (unless they were close to being lynched maybe) and the town. It would only serve to confuse us, and get themselves lynched by suspicious townies or killed by mafia before they can be of any help. There was no reason for Ko to reveal herself as the cop. There's no reason to believe that she's the cop.

This may be a ploy to get herself targeted by someone, or perhaps distract us from something.

This is an outrage!

Cl, I don't know what makes your claims so believable. I don't know what you have on me. Your basically doing a witch hunt, your calling me a witch, and not listening to any reason. Which is why I'm done defending myself, I've not done anything wrong. What links in a chain? That I got confused once? That I voted for BoB because of the way he was acting? That I don't trust Leeza because of a very specific post?

I am going to change my vote to you. You've come in here with guns blazing, pointing fingers everywhere, and the way you've done it just doesn't seem right. I don't trust it at all. And I especially don't trust you always calling out the cop.

##unvote: Leeza
    ##Vote: cl

I made a tally.

4 shlup
    3 foa
    2 btv
    2 leeza
    1 yams
    1 cid
    1 azar
    1 cl_out

Looks like I'm safe, thanks. The day ends in 15 minutes.

Can someone post the order of all of the votes/unvotes? I'm too lazy to do it myself, but it would be helpful to have.