Thread: OMG Not A Real Final Fantasy (BUT 8 BAJILION PEOPLE PLAY, IT CAN'T BE BAD)

Default OMG Not A Real Final Fantasy (BUT 8 BAJILION PEOPLE PLAY, IT CAN'T BE BAD)

I want to play, but I am scared. Is there more to this than collect x of y? The disc is sitting right here. Is this game exciting? You all play, let's hear it! Lots of my hard drive is hinging on your (hopefully) positive experience.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It has a nice storyline. Unfortunately, it will take you years to get into most of it.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It's fun !

I don't play anymore because of school, and probably never will again, but it was fun the two months I played n.n

The more friends you have that play the better.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It is highly group driven, and there is a lot of grinding. But when you accomplish stuff it is a lot of fun and I think very rewarding.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I only got to level 19 I think...it was really fun joining parties, but it was always hard getting into one because of my n00bishnes always messing up my party members XD

I used to play, but then i got a guitar, and i didnt want to have to things to pay for mon thly, so i chose the guitar.

REALLY, i thought the game was kinda....idunno. it gets quite repetitive. but its fun.
    Too big.

It's a good game if you have the patience and the time. It's fun when you do events and leveling with other people, but it's time consuming. I've been playing for a year and a half and I've only barely scratched the surface

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

If you like MMORPG's, try it out. If not, give it a miss.

It's a shame, because it probably has the most indepth storyline out of any Final Fantasy. Though I hear someone on FFXIOnline are planning to make a series of movies of cutscenes and storyline.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I got endless amounts of enjoyment out of doing the mission battles and following the storyline up through the shadow lord, then the zilart missions. The mission battles were always challenging and innovative, I think I never actually beat the last Zilart mission, the one where you have to fight that kid with the 2 droids flying around him?

*sigh*

Unfortunately, you are better off watching youtube videos of the battles because to get that far and deal with finding a group of people you can work with, to eventually experience those battles, is extremely time consuming. Its a shame, because had the leveling system been more time friendly, and less of a "spend 10 hours grinding to get 1 level. Oops you died and couldnt get rezzed? Sorry you just lost half of the xp you gained", more people could enjoy it

Note, in about a year and a half I got my Summoner and White mage to 75, and had alot of fun doing it. But the thought of starting up again and redoing it is a nightmare. I know they brought in those rings to reduce the xp grind pains by a bit, but its not enough. I'm not saying make it as baby easy as WoWs leveling (aka 2 weeks of hardcore grinding and you are lv 70 in a full time raid guild) but FFXI isnt very friendly to casual players (both new and old)

Just as warning for ya thats all. If you have the time and dedication to play it to lv 50+ where you really start to get the juicy storyline battles, go for it. But its alot of hair-pulling frustration along the way

Starting up again might be a lil hard, but i took like a 6 month-ish break, and came back around early December, and i am having alot of fun. You just need friends that play this game around your time zone, else this game might not be so fun and you will feel lonely. Everything else though might be a pain, but when you are with your friends it definetly does not feel so. So yey.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    It has a nice storyline. Unfortunately, it will take you years to get into most of it.
    The gameplay is definetly there to, it will take awhile to get use to, but it can be involving... To the point of MMO Crack.

FFXI does this prettyfull <3

The world is absolutely huge! it can be rather bare at times... but it definetly has its landmarks of beauty.

Community for the most part is very "everyone knows everyone-ish" ... you do something awful... or really of impact... people will sometimes come to know-of-you~~... and being an aged MMO, people expect you to be geared with rather pricey equips (Older Members of the game still knows what it was like to be new, hug tackling you with help/advice)

The grind itself is awful at times (Unless you have selected a class you can really be content playing) :]... you will need alot of hours just to get started on this game.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    The gameplay is definetly there to, it will take awhile to get use to, but it can be involving... To the point of MMO Crack.
    I am not a fan of massively multiplayer online role-playing games' gameplay concepts; however, this particular title makes its mark from a gameplay standpoint. Boss battles will usually require extensive planning by all participants and the concept of groupwork is key.
    I believe in the power of humanity.