Thread: A New DS on the Way?

Default A New DS on the Way?

Another Nintendo DS redesign 'already done' says analyst - Joystiq
    My brother also tells me this was mentioned in Game Informer. I was going to get a DS Lite, but if they're releasing this, I'll wait for it.

Allegedly, it will not include a GBA port, but will include memory inside the system. The system is said to be thinner in size and include larger screens.

Will this be the next Game Boy Micro? (Which I love. Back off, haters!)

I heard about this a while back. I doubt it's actually true, since they have no reason at all to change the current model.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No GBA port? That'd be a damn shame. Maybe they'll make the thing more comfortable to hold in exchange though.

I'm skeptical. Not that I don't think there will ever be another DS, but if there is, it will have a GBA port. What's this "on-board storage" they're talking about anyway? A place to put DS games? Because all game data is stored on the cards.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I want more game boy.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    I'm skeptical. Not that I don't think there will ever be another DS, but if there is, it will have a GBA port. What's this "on-board storage" they're talking about anyway? A place to put DS games? Because all game data is stored on the cards.
    it could be like the microsd slot that DSes already have? I know stu uses his to emulate nes games and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    it could be like the microsd slot that DSes already have? I know stu uses his to emulate nes games and stuff
    Yes, perhaps they are going to try and cater to the homebrew community? Either way, I'm happy with my DS Lite and would not think about getting a newer model.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Where's that at? o_O

if it's new, it better just be a new DS that will have the same cartridges. Not a change like GBC to GBA. Because I just got a new DS on account of my old one breaking.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

No, theres no micro sd slot on the DS. Theres certain companies that make a DS 'game card' with a micro sd card slot in that, and you can download DS games and put them onto that. You can put movies and songs and obviously emulators on them too.

I will not be buying this if it does come out, and I also am skeptical about this.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the DS lite as it is...