Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finish Her!!

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Stop it. A girl died in a horrible and stupid way and I don't feel like making jokes about it at all, and neither should you.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

I don't know what is more disgusting, the fact that these kids killed a girl or that you guys are making fun of the situation.

I'd hope they get punished good and proper for this.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    I don't know what is more disgusting, the fact that these kids killed a girl or that you guys are making fun of the situation.

I'd hope they get punished good and proper for this.
    Like it says, they could get up to 48 years in jail for it. They never will though.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Silly-ness.

People should learn self control (I mean, as if it was playfighting or Imatation of "Mortal Kombat" type move (what, 2 frame kicking?)... it was a DRUNKEN Assault).

It's lacking absolutely everywhere and it sucks.

Blog Entries

I wish they would specify which moves, though. Not due to my liking Mortal Kombat vaguely, but because any moves that aren't in the super-natural in MK aren't really all that specific to MK. I wonder if it was part of the witness's explanation, or an observation of the author.

As for her death, I feel sorry for her, that she was killed by two fools whom didn't even want to kill her, it seems. I can't help but think that the two were in an odd mental state. After all, the baby sitter WAS drunk.

I feel awful for chuckling at this thread...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Stop it. A girl died in a horrible and stupid way and I don't feel like making jokes about it at all, and neither should you.
    You don't have to make jokes about it. My sense of humour is completely and utterly smurfed up, so I find hilarity in this topic.

I wish they would specify which moves, though. Not due to my liking Mortal Kombat vaguely, but because any moves that aren't in the super-natural in MK aren't really all that specific to MK. I wonder if it was part of the witness's explanation, or an observation of the author.
    Pretty much the only move used was the FATALITY!!!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guys, this ain't /b/. Let's try to maintain at least a little class here.

Not that there's much point to this thread anyway. We're all saddened and outraged that the little girl was killed, and we're none of us going to say videogames had anything to do with it, the thread will probably degenerate into poor taste or petty bickering, and it'll eventually either fall off the front page or it'll get closed.

So I'm going to hijack the thread segue into a somewhat-related thing I wrote a few weeks back: Here's a paradox.

Is it fair for us to act like games are nearly meaningless in one moment and claim they can be the equal of the finest in film and literature the next?

Sure it's fair. Movies, music, sculputres, paintings, etc. don't cause otherwise-sane people to kill each other either.

Sad story. Sadder thread.

I chuckled because I thought of mortal kombat, not because a girl died.

I can't find any images to do with mortal kombat right now because I am lazy but if I could, I would.

It's a very sad story.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Sure it's fair. Movies, music, sculputres, paintings, etc. don't cause otherwise-sane people to kill each other either.
    So movies, music, sculptures, and paintings are meaningless?

They can be meaningful. They don't cause otherwise-sane people to kill each other.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They can be meaningful. They don't cause otherwise-sane people to kill each other.
    I'm not saying they do. I'm saying that to react to the claims that they can do that by saying "It's just a game" is foolish.

Well... if the article is trying to say that the fact that they play MK made them kill the girl - they are stupid. They would have killed the girl either way. The way they killed her was impacted by MK, obviously. And for all of you who are making jokes about this - shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I'm not saying they do. I'm saying that to react to the claims that they can do that by saying "It's just a game" is foolish.
    Why? It IS just a game, like it can be just a movie or just a painting or just a song or just a sculpture.