Thread: FFXIII Versus new trailer

Default FFXIII Versus new trailer

I ment to watch the original trailer ages ago but never did, so I saw it about 5 mins ago. Then I watched the new one (YouTube - Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer - Dengeki CLOUD DVD) and I have to say, that this looks like it will be a much more 'mature' game, in that it will have, at the least, actual blood in it. It looks like it will be an action game, like Devil May Cry/Kingdom Hearts.

This main character though looks like someone out of Kingdom Hearts 2, mixed with Advent Children costumes and The Matrix.

Wickedsick.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

FFVIII had blood and wasn't particularly mature. There is also an existing thread about this.

It looks pretty cool, besides the main character and his ridiculous chain-sword weapon. Ultimately though it will be the gameplay that decided the fate of this game. Battle system aside (which, even if it turns out to be a button-mashing fest like KH, will no doubt be fun), I really hope the city ends up being fully-explorable rather then the more linear alternative the series tends to take.

Ah. Yes. I had a look at that thread and completely missed the fact that it had the Versus trailer in it.

Woops.
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I wonder what city the location was based off of.

Versus is set in an entirely different world and universe.