Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Meaning of Christmas...

Default The Meaning of Christmas...

is presents.

Topic 1: Do you like presents? Can you wrap presents? What's the best present you've ever gotten? Do you...peek? (I couldn't help it! It was a really big box and I can tell somebody is getting an 80GB PS3 and a violin )

Topic 2: What do you think the meaning of Christmas is?

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I like presents.

I like presents when I receive them. And I can't wrap gifts because I've never done it. The meaning of Christmas is to overshadow the superior holiday that is Halloween.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Do you like presents? Yes~ Moreso I love buying them for others.
    Can you wrap presents? I work at maccas :S
    What's the best present you've ever gotten? Chocolate!
    Do you...peek? Nuu~~~

I think it's to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but also to unite as a family/friends and just enjoy eachother's company :]

Of course I like presents.

I can wrap them to some extent. I'm not too talented at it, but that all comes from me not knowing how much paper to use. I always use too much, which I guess is better than too little.

Best present? Nintendo 64 with Ocarina of Time. That was nine years ago, and I still play them to this day. Also money is always good.

I try not to peek anymore, but it doesn't really matter because I rarely get anything I haven't explicitly asked for anymore.

The meaning of Xmas nowadays is indeed presents.

1: i like presents but id really rather give them. i dont really ask for a lot for christmas. i feel selfish and really would rather just give presents then recieve them. the whole "its better to give then to recieve' finnaly makes some sense to me. best present i ever got was my trampoline i couldnt use it until the snow melted but i jumped on it all the time and even slept on it. unfortunatly the floods in ym town got it bent like an L and stuck in a tree. ist still there too.

2. meaning of christmas hmm. never really thought about it. i jsut try to give people what they want and make them happy but then again i try to do that year long. i think its way better to get something when its not a holiday or birthday.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I like presents when I know what I'm getting. I don't like surprise presents because I frequently receive things I either don't want or don't need. For about five years in a row, I got a bird feeder from my family friends. I wasn't even tall enough to set those kind of things up, much less give half a damn about feeding birds in my back yard.

Christmas is entirely a commercial holiday. Anyone who believes it still has anything to do with religion have obviously not realized that Jesus has been entirely eclipsed by Santa.

Blog Entries

The meaning of christmas is different to everyone, depending on whether your a religous freak, a materialstic fool, or a shop owner. I guess it can be about family and friends too but everyday should be about family and friends. To me christmas is the day no one is on the roads and i can go for a nice drive about.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

YAY CHRISTMAS! I learned something this christmas, apparentally it's odd for guys to wrap presents weird.

I think you just gotta look at little kids for the meaning of christmas.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

Do you like presents? Yes.
    Can you wrap presents? Depends on the type of present. If it has a box I would, if not, just a decorative paper bag is good.
    What's the best present you've ever gotten? A pen holder, with 2 dolphins leaping out of the water.
    Do you...peek? If I had X-ray shades I would. I'll open it up the moment I receive it.

Chrstmas, for me, is like any ordinary day, only I see my relatives, gift giving, food. Yah. That's just about that.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love opening presents, I can wrap them fairly well (mom showed me how when I was a wee lass). Best present I ever got, dang its a tossup between the year I found a hot wheels track set up in the living room and the year I got my ps2 xD

There was one year I peeked into EVERYTHING and eventually my parents caught me and I never have since then. The anticipation is pretty good.

Right now I'm pretty ashamed of myself because I don't feel I've put enough thought into everyone else's presents, just been a greedy gus>:[

Christmas = jesus lolduh; makes you happy to be alive knowing you have a reason to live. Which is why a lot of people end up depressed at christmas because they lose that reasoning, i guess! Also why so many people "don't care"

Presents and being with family and people you love. What is this religious side of Christmas you speak of?

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Banning everyone and fluffy puff skins.
    Staring at my sig will not induce epileptic fits.

A themagicroundabout sig, by themagicroundabout.

Blog Entries

Christmas is a chance to get ratarsed twice in one week, thanks to it being so close to New Year's Eve :chef:

there was a picture here

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Getting stuff, family, pigging out.