Thread: Can I download the classical version of Prince of Persia somewhere?

Banned

Default Can I download the classical version of Prince of Persia somewhere?

I suddenly got the desire to play the classic Prince of Persia again; however, can I download the actual original somewhere?
    This is the one I'm talking about:

YouTube - Prince of Persia Speedrun Part1

I've always thought that the lack of stage music has something special about it.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know if it can be downloaded legally...

But I still have my old Sega Master System cartridge of Prince of Persia. Great game, that. Brilliant graphics for an 8-bit title, too. Very bold, crisp, smooth colours and animations. Superb puzzles in that game, and combat that's involved and complex while having the simplest controls.

I've also got the Sega-CD version of the game, which has a recorded instrumental soundtrack and more detailed visuals (plus a cheesy anime-style intro and end), but somehow it doesn't have the same spark as the older version.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

You can access the original PoP game in the PoP: The Sands of Time. If you have it.

GameTap has all the PoP games up to Warrior Within including the NES classics... i have a GT subscription and have to say it was well worth it as they have a load of classic games i missed but didn't wanna bother finding anywhere else due to when you d/l a game from an annon user then you don't really know what you're getting with that game you just downloaded (adware, spyware, keyloggers)...