Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What, you never noticed that until now?

Default What, you never noticed that until now?

Some of us have been playing FF for a loooong frickin' time, but no matter how many years of how many total plays through a game, there's always something new you notice each time, or something you realise, or something that makes you go "hang about, that doesn't actually make sense and it took me all this time to realise that?".

Right now all I can think of is, in FF7, when chasing the coal train and Cid and co hijack another engine from inside the reactor. However, before they did this, it occured to me that the other departing train was definitely moving slowly enough for them to just climb on (not that it takes more than seven or eight seconds to catch up in the other train but still.)

What of you people?

In some animation sequences in battle, (FF8), you can see Selphie's white panties.
    The below sentence is true.
    The above sentence is false.

Blog Entries

Well ive know about this for a while but no one has yet explained it to me, In the desert prison in FFVIII when my party goes down to the bottom and finds the cave in and Zell is fighting somewhere on one of the levels some how they see he's in trouble or get to him from the top or something. Sorry i cant remember fully what happened but i know there was an inconsistancy.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Well ive know about this for a while but no one has yet explained it to me, In the desert prison in FFVIII when my party goes down to the bottom and finds the cave in and Zell is fighting somewhere on one of the levels some how they see he's in trouble or get to him from the top or something. Sorry i cant remember fully what happened but i know there was an inconsistancy.
    They hear gunfire so they put two and two together. Basically, I think Zell's not on the right level (he's meant to be right at the top floor but has somehow descended by several...) They ride the crane up one floor above where Zell is (effectively taking too long) and Squall attacks from the crane or something. The other inconsistency is that the guards DON'T NOTICE THE CRANE.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 12-28-2007 at 07:08 PM.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every time I play any of them, I always seem to learn at least one new thing, either about how the game mechanics work or a new item, or something like that. I think the biggest shock to me was that tents can be used as items (in battle) in FFIX. That was a major woah moment.

Articles
    Blog Entries

just noticed the seymour sphere/fayth sequence inside Zanarkand... probably not the first time i noticed, just forgot about it. Also, this is the first time I got Anima so I got to see a little more behind his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    In some animation sequences in battle, (FF8), you can see Selphie's white panties.
    I noticed that the first time I used her in battle. That's why I kept her in my party.

What? Stop looking at me like that.

When I first played FFIV I was really young, so I thought a lot of the awkward translations were just odd but legitimate ways of saying things that I hadn't heard before. It can't be wrong if grown-ups made it, right? Later I noticed that the translation was, in fact, pretty awful.

I can't think of them off the top of my head, but I know there's been more than one enemy sprite that I saw one way and then much later realized: "oh, his head is over there. And that thing I thought was a mouth is actually an eye!" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ,,, View Post
    When I first played FFIV I was really young, so I thought a lot of the awkward translations were just odd but legitimate ways of saying things that I hadn't heard before. It can't be wrong if grown-ups made it, right? Later I noticed that the translation was, in fact, pretty awful.
    I would have loved to have gone to school with you

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Started a new game of FFX and I never realized that in the beginning when Yuna brought that huge suitcase, you can kick it on the boat and get potions. I also seem to have forgotten how much I really like Tidus and how truly awful Yuna's VA is...

In my recent playthrough of IV I forgot how much the spoony bard is incredibly more useful than Tellah...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I think the biggest shock to me was that tents can be used as items (in battle) in FFIX. That was a major woah moment.
    Same here.
    I used it by mistake, and was very surprised that I can actually use
    the tents in battle.

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

Well I'm doing a run through of FFVII for the first time since i was like maybe 10 or so... so now I'm catching all the references (especially the ones in Wall Market) and I can figure out which swears Cid is belting out :P
    *Insert epic sig here*

The first time I saw Gehstal in VI I though he was a dog creature. It wasn't until a couple years later I noticed the "ears" were some kind of garment, and the weird Nose/muzzle area was actually a Mustache. :P

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    The first time I saw Gehstal in VI I though he was a dog creature. It wasn't until a couple years later I noticed the "ears" were some kind of garment, and the weird Nose/muzzle area was actually a Mustache. :P
    Hrmm... I didn't think he was a dog creature but I do still have trouble figuring out what the smurf his costume actually is.

FFVI, terra knocked out on the ground outside of battle

I mean I know her head is down, but...
    she looks like a mermaid, and her hair is actually her tail

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries

I thought he was wearing a helmet for about my first 4 play throughs

and i thought the same thing with that Gestahl = dog thing

I also use to think this thing was headless
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!