Thread: I don't remember this guy from the NES version

Default I don't remember this guy from the NES version

I was playing Final Fantasy I on the PSP, just got mystic key and was opening up some chests in the castle where you fight Garland. Went back to Cornelia to rest at the inn and saw a weird guy in a dark cloak right in the center of town by the dancing girl. Tried talking to him but all he said was "......"
    Then he walked straight down and left the own screen, was no where on the world map. Who is this guy and what is he up too?
    Currently Playing:
    Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary - PSP
    Party:
    Fighter Lvl. 20
    Monk Lvl. 19
    White Mage Lvl. 20
    Black Mage Lvl. 20
    ~ Cavern of Earth ~

dunno, i saw him too but i have no idea what he does. maybe he unlocks some new sidequest?
    warning: i am NOT funny.

Aw man, and I thought I wasn't missing anything. Son of a...

the only sidequest i know of is the labyrinth of time thing. i dunno if the black dude has anything to do with it, tho. theres also a new equipment glitch (not sure whether it was in the GBA version).

I bought the game last night and I noticed this as well. I wonder what role he plays.

You need him in order to get to the Labyrinth of Time dungeon. First you need to complete the main story up the point where you're ready to go back in time to face Chaos. Talked to the cloaked figure and he will leave town in the south exit. Follow him to the back of the Chaos Shrine and examine the Miasma emanating from the back wall to open a doorway. Walk into the column after listening to what the cloaked figure has to say.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    You need him in order to get to the Labyrinth of Time dungeon. First you need to complete the main story up the point where you're ready to go back in time to face Chaos. Talked to the cloaked figure and he will leave town in the south exit. Follow him to the back of the Chaos Shrine and examine the Miasma emanating from the back wall to open a doorway. Walk into the column after listening to what the cloaked figure has to say.

Wow, it kinda sounds like a rumor. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by zack_fair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post

Wow, it kinda sounds like a rumor. O.o
    It's not. This is only exclusive to the PSP version

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

oh ok, but the way he said it and all, it sounded like a rumor

i noticed that too, so its the ONLY exclusive thing huh?

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Yup CrossBlades is right. I did it not too long ago. It puzzled me too at first.
    ~Gil
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men."