Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFIX's Story...

Default FFIX's Story...

On a scale of one to ten what would you give Final Fantasy IX's story? I think I'd give it a seven out of ten...IX's story was entertaining but it wasn't very epic in my opinion.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

not epic no.. but surely an 8 out of 10

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

9 - no story is perfect probably so I can't give it a 10. But I do think it is maybe my favourite story in the FF series. I like how it starts relatively small and slowly builds up what the characters are facing. And the business with Vivi coming to terms with his origins is one of the best storylines in the series.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

i dont think its worth a ten.. i mean the last piece of the story was like fit into 5 minutes.. they cramped up the last bit so much its hard to follow in the end

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

8, I guess. It was pretty good on the whole.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Probably 8.5, to me it was epic, the only drawback for me is that it's without a doubt the cheesiest FF in the series, but it was meant to be light-hearted so in the end it was a really great story.

I'm going for 8ness. I thought it flowed really well and fit in a lot of character development for some of the crew in the meanwhile. And it has froggies for regents, suckas. D;<

Ciddieless since 2004

8 out of 10: not the greatest thing ever, but still very good.
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

I'll go for a 9. Best FF Story to me. (6 is damn close though.)

Great Characters is a huge part of the story. All the characters are extremely well made.

Blog Entries

I have to agree with Neo on this one... The characters are well thought out in this FF, and you don't see that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    I have to agree with Neo on this one... The characters are well thought out in this FF, and you don't see that a lot.
    Not every character I had no clue why Quina had to come along...I mean I know s/he wanted to eat more food but that's a stupid reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John_912 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Not every character I had no clue why Quina had to come along...I mean I know s/he wanted to eat more food but that's a stupid reason.

i try to mental block it from my mind

I would give the plot alone a 9, but the way in which it was presented and the concepts that it developed makes it into a 10.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Just read the Character descriptions that come up if you wait for it in the beginning.

Each Character is representative of a different emotion of some kind or another.

Zidane = Virtue
    Freya = Despair
    Quina = Inudlgence, or something.

Quina was meant to represent a Character that was care free. While in the very beginning he just does what he wants, if you notice as time goes on he seems to care more and more about those around him.

He started off with tunnel Vision, he wanted to try different foods. However after traveling with Zidane and Co, he becomes more aware of whats going on around him and the world he lives in.

That, my friend, is why he is a good character.

Eight. It'd be higher but some aspects of the plot weren't developed enough, then there were those characters who had some little backstory for about ten minutes early on in the game then had a very random resolution in the ending (Freya anyone? And what was with this weird love-hate relationship she began to develop with Amarant? Where the hell did that actually go?), followed by Zidane's mental breakdown in Pandaemonium which he has for no particular reason other than realising that he was created to carry other souls; Garland turns him "evil" (not literally of course) in about ten seconds and his allies turn him back in as much time.

Nevertheless if you make any bad remarks about the overall fun factor of playing the game, I will tear your nipples off and find a way to feed them to your mother without her realising it.

Quina is awesome. S/he develops rather well, and is also a good representation of somebody who really has no idea of the bigger picture and is having trouble grasping it.

Vivi? Accepting mortality and all that, I kinda liked his story.

Steiner, a bit like Quina in the whole "seeing the bigger picture" thing, plus he does insane damage in battle for nothing.

Amarant's grudge against Zidane was nice, especially with him keeping the irony in it (not mentioning it, not even asking if he remembers him or anything like that... I bet Zidane really had forgotten too.)

Dagger and Eiko's stories intertwined well; they had a lot in common too if you think about it: both lost their families but still managed to have a perfectly happy life and just move on.

So I suppose really it is just Freya who I don't like in terms of character development.
    Last edited by ReloadPsi; 01-02-2008 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Changed "some characters" to "some plot elements", stuck more text on the end