Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: playing CT again...

Default playing CT again...

i played this game a few times as a kid but never played Chrono Cross. I figured since i got CT with FF4 together when i bought final fantasy chronicles (mainly got it for the original final fantasy since final fantasy "2" =/ was a noob version.) ill play chrono trigger before chrono cross. I kno i dont really have to but im doing it anyway. CT is an awesome game anyway so i dont mind. right now im about to get robo but im rushing to The End of Time before level 10 so i can fight spekkios first form. i thought the kiwala form was his first . also didnt know he gets a final form at level 99 (or somewhere around there 95-99) so i might try fighting that too...hopefully its stronger then Lavos hes a joke :laugh: (its amazing how you can miss so many stuff without a guide sometimes...at least i found rainbow and a few other good stuff on my first run with the SNES ^_^)

So how many times have some of you played Chrono Trigger? what do you rate the game? also to those of you who played chrono cross i heard it sucks compared to ct but whats your opinion?
    Last edited by Mizukaze; 12-31-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Dont forget to die of absolute happiness when you get to the kingdom of zeal
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

just fought spikkio and he was really easy =/ (the hard part is getting up to him without leveling...have ot run alot)

Blog Entries

Well i just saw the added bit at the end of your original post so..

Ive played CT twice if you count new game +, ive seen most of the endings on my second play through. There are only about 2-3 i havent seen.

I'd give the game a very high rank. Its got great story, gameplay, characters and music. Even the graphics are nifty. And it has alot of unique features like the whole travelling through time thing and what you do in the past effects the future, and the double tech system thing is cool too.

I havent played CC
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

yah sorry about the added part. i figured it give the thread more meaning. yeah the music is great. i looked up on it and Yasunori Mitsuda composed the music. i looked up on him too and found it funny how nobuo uematsu helped get started in his career and also helped him out with some of the songs in CT. I guess u cant expect anything less from nobuo. ^_^

I've played it once. I did not enjoy it.

Chrono Cross made me very happy, though. :P

The thing that stopped me from playing it was the endless barrage of fixed, unavoidable and neccessary encounters, and that I kept dieing on the Twin Golem boss.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thing that stopped me from playing it was the endless barrage of fixed, unavoidable and neccessary encounters, and that I kept dieing on the Twin Golem boss.
    Provided you know how, you can avoid almost every encounter in the game- they are fixed, as you say. You can also run from most of the encounters in the game, and it doesn't take very long.

For the two Golems, bring along three people with different elements who have their level two spells- simply have one person cast Fire 2 or whatever elemental spell, while keeping two other people on standby. When they cast their spell, the Golems will use a turn copying it, so you can cast another spell for them to spend time copying again. If you do it correctly, they shouldn't be able to move at all.

CT is an excellent game with a great replay value, great story, great characters. It's great overall.

CC is also excellent if you don't expect it to be the same that CT, because the story is harder to understand (for some) and there are a lot more characters. It has great music, a GREAT story, and an excellent selection of characters.

Both are a "must play", and I have played both around five times.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I've beaten Chrono Trigger once...I'd give it a 9/10, I really need to get around to playing Chrono Cross.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I played it too many times to count XD Excellent game.

Chrono Cross is no Chrono Trigger but it still rules. Very different the whole way through. They kind of slam you with confusing story at the very end of the game though. That is my only real criticism.

Slanted and Enchanted Shotgunnova's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post

This kinda sums up my sentiments. CT, while a good RPG, doesn't really do much for me, no matter how many times I play ('sides music-wise). Chrono Cross has always been the standout for the series to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunnova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post

This kinda sums up my sentiments. CT, while a good RPG, doesn't really do much for me, no matter how many times I play ('sides music-wise). Chrono Cross has always been the standout for the series to me.
    alot of people love ff7 but alot of people i talked to who played ff10 first doesnt really appreciated ff7 (some do). I think the same goes for CT. considering it was made on the SNES it has good music, story, side quests, and like 13 endings...id say thats really good game play for SNES game. as for CC...i didnt get around to it yet but it seems like a really good game =P.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

played CT through, 30 or 40 times from start to finish.
    played CC through 1.5 times through.

IMO CT is in my top 5 RPG's of all time.
    while CC was memorable TO ME only because of the beatiful music and (at the time) revolutionary Cut Scenes.

I was not a fan of CC for these reasons:
    - They forced me to play as (SPOILER)Lynxx for a large portion of the game, which is a character i really did not like or enjoy playing as.
    - The story was very good in the beggining, but later in the game I personaly felt like they tried to Force a connection with CT and the whole thing just didnt work for me.
    - the System to upgrade your weapons (building them from materials, but havign no real customization as a result of your work) did not work for me either.

I really Enjoyed the fact that CC had so many characters, thats a feature i really apreciate in games, however I felt that some of them were really out of place in the game, liek they were guest apperances from some other game world that really didnt properly mesh. Also with so many Characters there is little to no backstory or character development for most of them.

U guys r hilarious. I mean dont get me wrong CC is the shiznit but CT started it all and I love that game. I LITERALLY mastered that game and can tell anyone where anything is at anytime. That game is a true work of art and if it werent for that game CC wouldnt be the game it is. Also if you've played CT then you play CC there are alot of references to CT and some interesting info about what happened to all the characters from CT after they saved the world and went on with their lives. Im just know about to beat CC for the first time and I love it but it still cant compare with its predecessor Chrono Trigger
    Signature too tall - max height 250px ~ cl_out