Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How complicated is it to chip a PS2 Slim console?

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    I knew a some people that rushed to chip their PS2s and their systems crushed a couple months later.So i really don't trust shops and people who claim that their able to do it.I prefer to pay double price and be 100% safe.Also i'm thankful that i have lot's of space for my consoles.:D
    I chipped my system nearly two years ago and its still fine. I guess I got mine chipped well. Thank god. It would suck if your PS2 broke because the warranty is void so you'd have to fork out £100 for a new one. I understand your concerns.

Banned

Hey, one more thing, IF I will have to do this myself, how great are my chances of succeeding if I'm very careful?

It shouldn't be too bad soldering the chip together with the console if you take it slow, right?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

If you have little to no knowledge about electronics, get a professional to do it. Ask around in your local community, there's bound to be someone who knows how to do it.

I've soldered stuff myself, and I have above average knowledge about that stuff, but my hands aren't steady enough to solder small stuff like a PS2 modchip. I had a pro do it, because he could guarantee it would work. If not, he would get me another PS2 free of charge.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Banned

lol, I called the company a few hours ago, and they obviously saw no problem at all in doing this thing for me.
    I could probably have them do it next week, so the problem is pretty much solved.

I guess Multi-X Chips are fairly accepted in Sweden.
    After all, lots of us tend to love some games that are never released in Europe.

*looks at Final Fantasy Tactics and Star Ocean: The Second Story*

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

afaik Sweden's copyright laws are significantly more laid back than that of other countries, hence why a lot of torrent sites are hosted there. So it's not too surprising.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Modchips aren't illegal in most countries. I think it's mostly the us "millennium copyright act" that makes modchips illegal over there. It's got something to do with reverse engineering iirc.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?