Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Symphonia 2 Trailer

Default Tales of Symphonia 2 Trailer

Default This is possibly copy/pasted from the reply to the PM you just sent me

Whoooa. That looks sexy as hell. It was nice to see their character models un-chibi'd, even though the squashed models were cute.

Lloyd kinda looked like the bad guy or something. I wonder how much the others will be in it! I hope they're more than just cameos. I need more Genis and Raine, alright? I NEED it like I need to chew ice every day. That blonde kid looks just like Marche lol.

Except according to what you just told me Lloyd is a bad guy. But yeah, he can't really be bad. Secret motives are all the rage. I hope Colette dies in this game, and Lloyd holds her corpse and goes ""COLEEEEETTE /Senel"

STELLLAAAAAA! You make me want to yell-a!

The game takes place 2 years after Tales of Symphonia. Sylvarant and Tehe'alla are now one world, so no more of that interdimensional flying stuff. :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm unfamiliar with ToS, but this game looks good nonetheless.

Err, I really hope I'll get a chance to buy a Wii anytime soon, and than I could play the first ToS (and all the other GameCube games I've missed.)

C'mon C'mon

I'd rather play as Lloyd again, the idea of him being an antagonist and the acts he's supposedly committed in the years following the end of ToS seem unrealistic and out of character. I'm pretty certain there'll be an explanation behind it, but I suppose I'll just have to wait. I hope it gets a PAL release. :p

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I really hope it is released in America as well. Symphonia is one of my favorite games.

there's no logical reason not to release it here, and tell me I'm not the only one who noticed Regal removed the handcuffs

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Articles
    Blog Entries

OMG! COOL!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

*tears of joy*

I wonder if they even try to make Wii games look good. It looks like a PS2 game. Lazy developers. It also looks like a very standard RPG affair. Whats all the fuss about?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I don't like the look of the game. I much prefer the simple cel shading from the original. Looked much better and more cheery :D This game looks unoriginal and bland in comparison :P

New info

RPGFan News - Tales of Symphonia Sequel Detailed

A lot of information on Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk no Kishi (Knight of Ratatosk) for Wii has been released today, courtesy of Bandai Namco Games. The sequel to 2003's GameCube RPG Tales of Symphonia will employ an enhanced version of the Flex Range Linear Motion Battle system (FR-LMBS) featured in Tales of the Abyss. The battle engine will support up to four players. The development team is also adding eight elements (earth, water, fire, wind, ice, lightning, light and darkness) to the system. In Knight of Ratatosk each location has a certain elemental affinity. Depending on the usage of elemental attacks by both party members and enemies, this local elemental affinity can change over the course of a battle, though. Such an elemental change apparently will have various effects on a battle's progress.
    The development team has gone with a traditional control scheme. The Wiimote's motion sensor is used to execute special techniques. Like previous games, Knight of Ratatosk also allows players to pull off those powerful moves directly via shortcuts (instead of having to enter a menu). Using the Wiimote, players can perform a certain movement which will then trigger off the technique. This motion control can be switched off as well, though.

At the end of the battle, players can invite defeated monsters to join their party. However, only monsters with a certain character can be turned into party members. To make things even more complicated, a monster's character will change during battle, depending on the party's equipment or the actions taken by the party. Furthermore, monsters might decline to join the party.

A new character set to appear in the game has also been introduced. 20-year Richter Abend is searching for the Ratatosk Core to achieve a certain objective. After a childhood that saw him being oppressed by others, the young man has become extremely cynical. During his search for the Core, he meets protagonist Emil. While Emil's cowardice and passiveness annoy Richter, he still helps Emil. There seems to be a certain reason for this Richter's kindness, though.

Following the events of Tales of Symphonia, the two worlds had become one. However, as a result of this fusion, the environment has begun to change dramatically. Snow is falling in desert towns and lakes are drying up. The fusion of the worlds however is not the only cause of these problems. Another one is the condition of the powerful spirit Ratatosk. For unknown reasons, he has fallen asleep, resulting in a collapse of the natural balance. Meanwhile, the only thing that unites the people of the two worlds is their animosity toward each other. To protect the oppressed people of Silverland, a resistance group known as Vanguard was formed. As it opposes the Church of Martel, a confrontation between the two camps became inevitable. The Church eventually moved against Vanguard members holding a meeting in Palmacosta. The city was burned to the ground, with many innocent people becoming victims of the purge. The ringleader of this bloody crackdown is said to be Tales of Symphonia's protagonist Lloyd.

Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk no Kishi will be available in Japan sometime this spring.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Monster Capturing based on their 'character'? Tales of Megami Tensei?!

Nice to see they're attempting some special Wii controls...especially nice to see that they will be optional.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    I wonder if they even try to make Wii games look good. It looks like a PS2 game. Lazy developers. It also looks like a very standard RPG affair. Whats all the fuss about?
    Ever played a Tales of game?