Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PLAYOFFS?! Don't talk about PLAYOFFS!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

And it's bye-bye to the Colts, what a game!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

That was the final game at the RCA Dome. Next year, they're going to a new stadium.

And Tony Dungy could retire from coaching within the next few weeks, which is sad, because he's one of the classiest coaches in the NFL, rivaled only by Joe Gibbs (who recently retired again as Redskins head coach).

Next on tap, Cowboys/Giants, a longtime division rivalry seeing the postseason for the first time EVER! That's right! While the Giants and Cowboys have had memorable games between each other (such as the first time these two teams met that ended in a tie, marking the first time the Cowboys did NOT lose, or the last game of the 93 season where not only the NFC East but also the number 1 seed was up for grabs, when Emmitt Smith rushed for over 100 yards with a separated shoulder to help the Cowboys win that division, or last year on Monday Night when Bledsoe got benched at halftime for what would turn out to be the remainder of his career, and a National Audience saw Tony Romo play for the first time), they have never met in the playoffs until today, so this is guaranteed to write a new chapter in the Giants/Cowboys rivalry, so getcha popcorn ready, folks!

So without further ado....(except for Tavrobel, who obviously hates both teams)

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 01-13-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Well I guess the biggest fine in the history of the league and the first time ever a first round pick was taken away sure is nothing.

And if you hate "cheaters" like that, stop watching football. As I said, the practice of trying to figure out the other coach's signals is commonplace. I remember that some coaches even went as far as hiring lip-readers as "assistants" to try and read the other coach's actual plays straight from the mouth at one point.

Honestly, at this point, I'm just going to let the haters hate. When the Broncos won their back-to-back Superbowls I remember how much Elway hate I heard. When you're the best, everyone gets jealous. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy watching one of the greatest dynasties in the history of sports led by one of the greatest QB's football has ever seen.
    What I've been listening to:

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Even before Spygate, if you weren't a fan of the Patriots, you hated them.

Here's a question for you then, should everyone now say at least two of the Yankees seasons are now tainted forever, should be null and void, and the team deserves to be hated because Andy Pettitte, Chuck Noblack (sp?) and Roger Clemens took steriods? Of course not, thats foolish, (although I'm sure there's going to be some fanatics that say yes >.>) thats only part of the team, and you can assume in the steroid era, that other teams had juiced players too.
    Really? Because I hated them before they beat the Vikings in that god-awful game in the snow. The difference is that I could care less about professional baseball.

Bloodline took my line. I wanted to say it in a derisive manner. As for Chargers/Colts, one interjection. Uggh.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Green Bay over Patriots would be fun, but unlikely.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Green Bay over Patriots would be fun, but unlikely.
    They have the best chance of beating the Pats of the 3 teams that are left

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Into the 3rd quarter, San Diego only behind 12-14 at the moment. They're hanging on in there. Famous last words I guess... XD

EDIT: New England march on 21-12.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 01-20-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It was a disappointing loss for me as well, but did anyone here seriously think that the Chargers would beat New England? Hate and anger aside, peoples. And they were doing so well!

The game is about to start. Go Packers. To a lesser extent, go New York, because it would be funny if Eli beat Brady in the Super Bowl. That would make my day, you know, because of the nepotistic feeling of it. Poor Peyton.

EDIT: Giants just won. 47 yard field goal after a missed 36 (something in the thirties?) in Overtime. GG Green Bay.
    Last edited by Tavrobel; 01-21-2008 at 03:13 AM.

Wow, bad decision Brett Favre sure picked a bad time to make a reappearance. I thought for sure after Tynes missed that FG at the end of regulation there was no way the Giants could come back from such a heartbreak (see 1998 Minnesota Vikings), but that throw was terrible.

Man, Patriots-Giants is way more lame than Packers-Patriots.
    What I've been listening to:

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wassup week 17?

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Wassup week 17?
    that was the Giants best game of the season... in week 17... and they still lost to the Patriots.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I guess it's too much to hope the Superbowl will anywhere near as good as the game between the Giants and Patriots was at the end of the regular season. Still, the way of the neutral is to support the underdogs so come on New York!

I'm amazed after the two he missed, Tynes then managed to nail the 47 yard attempt in overtime. The Giants were the better team, they just kept passing up the chance to win the game. They can't afford to do that against New England.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    Wassup week 17?
    that was the Giants best game of the season... in week 17... and they still lost to the Patriots.

THE JACKAL
    I don't suppose that it's too much to hope that they will rectify this situation?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would have rather see Favre go in there for one last hurrah. Giants don't really seem to be in New England's league, but they have been pretty good as of late so maybe this will be a good show. I bet the media is happy with this, though Green Bay has a good media backing as well.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum