Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ps3, Pro's amd Con's

I don't see why people worry about the graphics so much. Consoles won't be as good graphics wise as PC's anyway, not until they actually become... PC's.
    Thanks to Sir Edeon X for signature
    "It's the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define the person you are" - Teh_Masterer

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Oh, ok, sorry then

Sorry, I should have added more detail in my first post in this thread.

1080p is a resoultion of 1,920 vertical pixels by 1,080 horizontal pixels with progressive scanning.
    1080i is a resoultion of 1,920 vertical pixels by 1,080 horizontal pixels with interlaced scanning.
    Obviously 1080p is better than 1080i because of progressive scanning that will display every pixel of the highest-resolution HD broadcasts. Interlaced scanning only conveys the images. If you want to find out about more details, just google it.

PS3 was designed to play 1080p, whereas Xbox 360 didn't design to play 1080p, 360 actually was designed to play 1080i.
    When 360 wasn't designed to play 1080p, they just added a patch when PS3 came out. The patch was to make it upscale to 1080p, that's it. Concluding that 360 will display 1080p nevertheless.

However, PS3 is kind of unsurpassed (not literally) in 1080p mode right now because there's no game that can run natively at 1080p, only 720p or less. Although, there will be PS3 games in the future that will run natively at 1080p. Concluding that those games will look better than 360 because like what I said, PS3 was designed to play only 1080p.

What's amazing is that PS3 CO4 isn't even 720p, only 660p and the game looks still awesome.
    Seriously, all you have to do is post a picture that compares the two to get your point across, and comment on it. Here, I'll do it for you.

zOMG look AT tahT PiXeL oN Da L1t3POHST WiT dE TrE3SiSt33!!

j/k j/k... You make a very good point with the whole "No game can even come close to the graphic powah of the PS3" thing... I just think that you could easily shorten your explanations. In fact, just stating the whole "No game can even come close to the graphic powah of the PS3" thing could have sufficed.

Sorry, just a it irritated because seriously... unless you pause the game and stare very deeply at the pixels of your HDTV you won't notice too much of a difference. Especially since the game developers are going to alter how the game looks to best fit a certain console. Example given above in the image.

And the main difference between interlaced and progressive is how the pixels are shown. Basically, with interlaced if you were to look very closely, you would notice certain lines, whereas progressive can blend all that in. But there are some pretty bad things about 1080i, such as sometimes you'll notice a sort of flickering that doesn't happen with progressive. Ever have a fatty computer monitor and looked at it with a video camera? Kind of like that, just not as bad. But all in all, they'll most likely look just about the same so as long as you're standing/sitting at a good distance away from you TV.(Good distance = not so close that you burn eyes out by concentrating on a line of pixels on your TV)

Nice info, but yes, I'm sorry. I should have shorten it but I couldn't help it. All what I can say is that 360 is better at the moment, but PS3 will suppress 360 in the future.

I don't see why people worry about the graphics so much. Consoles won't be as good graphics wise as PC's anyway, not until they actually become... PC's.
    Because if the graphics were amazing, then you will become amazed by playing the games with awesome graphics on a HDTV. They look a lot better than playing PC games.

If you really don't care about graphics, then I think you should go for Wii. Wii has a lot of fun games. If I had more money, I'd buy Wii for the awesome SSBB game.

Blog Entries

Whether or not the Wii's games are good, though, really is a matter of opinion, don't you agree? One should look into what games they plan on buying before buying a system, after all. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Whether or not the Wii's games are good, though, really is a matter of opinion, don't you agree? One should look into what games they plan on buying before buying a system, after all. :3
    On that note...

Pro: Final Fantasy vsXIII is confirmed as a PS3 exclusive by Nomura. There's a different director for XIII so he couldn't comment on that, but it's more than likely going to be a PS3 exclusive as well.

And that was what I was waiting for. I was thinking that if FF goes multi-platform I was just going to get a 360, but now I'll probably get a PS3 first. And later, perhaps a 360 since all my friends have been pestering me to get one.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    PS3 was designed to play 1080p, whereas Xbox 360 didn't design to play 1080p, 360 actually was designed to play 1080i.
    When 360 wasn't designed to play 1080p, they just added a patch when PS3 came out. The patch was to make it upscale to 1080p, that's it. Concluding that 360 will display 1080p nevertheless.

However, PS3 is kind of unsurpassed (not literally) in 1080p mode right now because there's no game that can run natively at 1080p, only 720p or less. Although, there will be PS3 games in the future that will run natively at 1080p. Concluding that those games will look better than 360 because like what I said, PS3 was designed to play only 1080p.

What's amazing is that PS3 CO4 isn't even 720p, only 660p and the game looks still awesome.
    If you have a source for that, I'll believe it, but I've read or found nothing to indicate that the 360 merely upscales. The fall update made it able to output at 1080p. Just because it originally could only output at 1080i doesn't mean that the hardware can't support native 1080p. So the two consoles are dead even in that regard.

Also, there are plenty of native 1080p PS3 games out right now, which is a plus if you're looking to play some games merely because they look awesome.