Thread: Coming Back - Some Questions.

Default Coming Back - Some Questions.

Hello,

I played FFXI about three years ago, for about 3 months. I didn't quit because I was bored, but because there were too many other things going on in my life at that time.

Recently, it seems that my schedule has opened up alot more. I don't really see myself quitting the game in three months again, though. Before I come back, I would like to ask a few things.

1.) I imagine my old cds and sign-up code would not work, so I will probably try need to pick up a new set. When I first played the game, I had: the original, CoP, and RoZ. Since then it seem ToAU and WotG have come out. I am looking to purchase the "Vana'diel Collection 2007" which contains everything except WotG. I was wondering, if at this time, I could get away with just buying "Vana'diel Collection 2007" and holding off with WotG. It seems to me that WotG is more end-game stuff. Would I be correct in this assumption or would it be beneficial to a new character?

2.) I know that my hardware will be good for playing this game, but I have Vista 64bit and was just wanting to make sure that this was compatible. Everything that I have read has led me to believe that it will.

3.) Hume monk? Hume because I'm not really sure what I want to play right now and monk because before I quit last time, I wanted to dabble in melee after doing to mages(black and white).

Well, I have to go right now, but I would appreciate any suggestions/opinions on my questions.

Thank you,
    -Adam

You're old CDs and codes should work, especially if you can do the Return to Vana'diel thing. I'm not sure about that, you may want to double check.

It will work on Vista, but you have to download a patch or something from the Playonline Website.

MNK is definitely a good job to start with, but if you can do the Return to Vana'diel thing, you'll get your old Character(s) back, too.

Hey, thanks for the answers. ^.^

I'll look into installing the old cds and using my previous code, but unfortunately I don't believe I will be able to use the "Return to Vana'diel" thing. I'm pretty sure my account was inactive before that started and I vaguely remember them telling me my account would be deleted if I didn't come back within three months.

Back from checking --

As it turns out, I only still have CD1, CD4, and the tetra master cd. So, it does look like I'll need to purchase some new cds and a code. In addition to more opinons on the previous questions, I would like to pose another question.

1.) I've heard the now-a-days, there aren't nearly as many people playing. In your opinion, will I have a hard time finding parties at my level?

Thanks again,
    -Adam

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

There's lots of people playing. There's about 4,000 people on my server at all times. Most are leveling the new jobs so lots of low levels. The "FFXI is dying" is just a rumour and has no solid proof behind it. The only thing that's really changed is the lack of RMT. SE is really hitting them hard and its way more pleasant farming again. There's a huge lvl 75 population now so it may seem like there's not alot of people your level but it's just because they're all 75 c.c
    Too big.