Thread: Ace Combat 6 - Xbox live failed to download the update.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Ace Combat 6 - Xbox live failed to download the update.

The title says it folks, I brought a copy of Ace Combat 6 - Fires of Liberation for the 360 (preowned) popped it my my tray when I got home and waited for it to load and I'm greeted with the "Xbox live needs to update" message I go to download update and then the update fails with the message: Failed to download update, please try again if this continues to happen please visit xboxlive.com/support.

I go to Xbox page mentioned and get no helpful topics at all. Anyone else got this? (halo 3 also showed some difficulty in getting games set up, could it be xbox live is screwed) Anyone having difficulties in general with this game? or Xbox Live?

Getting fraustrated and bored here now.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Xbox Live network has been having a lot of congestion since the holidays. You should probably just wait and try again later.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Xbox Live hasn't been working for for over a week now. Lots of problems. I believe you should still be able to play the game, though. Maybe try unplugging your ethernet cord, then signing on just to the profile and not to Live, then booting the game. Or decline the update, it might still let you run it.