Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't call me that

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Angry Don't call me that

One of my friend's little brother just called me Mr. Don. Now first of all only one person can call me Don and second of all I hate being called Mister. But he's at that throw uppy cute age where you can't get mad at him. His older sister was shocked and her friend (the one calls me Don) burst out laughing. And she knows she's the only one who can call me Don and she knows I hate being called Mister, so she probably put him up to it

Anyway, any thing you hate being called? That's polite I mean.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Al.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Stuart Little from anyone bugs me.

Stewie from anyone but my sister is really annoying.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate being called Steven or Stephanos or Stevie if you wanna call me by my real name I respond to Steve or Stef (and actually prefer Stef in most cases) I also dislike when people call me "Lassy" or "Lassie" on irc when I use the nick Lasuria, it's either the full name or Las not anything else. Also when people call me Blud it gets me wound up especially if white people do it...you aint black so don't speak like that.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I got called "baby girl" by an ex-friend and, at the time, it made me resent her so bad. So my friends now say it to take the piss and I just scowl

There's only one way of saying my name, so I don't really have a problem. I actually would quite like it if people shortened it to Amz, I hate not being able to abbreviate my name.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I have an older brother called Michael, and my dad often used to call me Mipaul. And I'd be annoyed at him for trying to call me my brother's name, and he'd always say "But you are my Paul." It's a nice attempt at a save, but both of us knew the truth. I think he's finally learned my correct name though, and it only took him 20 years!

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Matthew.

EDIT: *shivers*

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I have an older brother called Michael, and my dad often used to call me Mipaul. And I'd be annoyed at him for trying to call me my brother's name, and he'd always say "But you are my Paul." It's a nice attempt at a save, but both of us knew the truth. I think he's finally learned my correct name though, and it only took him 20 years!
    My older sister's name is Annie, and my parents still frequently refer to me as An-Stuart.

Haha, yes, I get that too. But my brother's name is Justin, so I get "Just Kyle". It seems I'm nobody special, I'm...just Kyle.

It doesn't bother me much, though. Actually there is no name that people call me that bothers me anymore. I've heard it all! :old:

Well my name is Maximilian and I don't like to be called Maxi or some other stupid 'cute' form of my name (my history teacher in 10th grade called me "Mäxelchen" and if you know German, you'll know that it can't get much 'cuter' than that -.-) ... Although I do prefer to be called Max instead of my full name.

And I don't bother anymore when ~80% of my family (grandparents, aunts, etc. included) refer to me with my brother's name .. I've gotten used to it

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    I got called "baby girl" by an ex-friend and, at the time, it made me resent her so bad. So my friends now say it to take the piss and I just scowl

There's only one way of saying my name, so I don't really have a problem. I actually would quite like it if people shortened it to Amz, I hate not being able to abbreviate my name.
    My friend amy I called Amelia for no good reason, and then that got shortened to ame.

(her name wasn't amelia and I knew that, it was just to annoy her xD)

Add Me to Your Mana Pool 41-Inches-Wide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Once someone called me 'dingbat' and I coshed him in the head. I like it when people call me 'Aich', like, 'Hey, Aich, free money for you!' or 'I love u, aich, have my burger.'

It sounds endearing to my ears.

Happy Birthday to Me

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Haha, yes, I get that too. But my brother's name is Justin, so I get "Just Kyle". It seems I'm nobody special, I'm...just Kyle.

It doesn't bother me much, though. Actually there is no name that people call me that bothers me anymore. I've heard it all! :old:
    My mom does that. She's been doing it with my brother and I since he was born. Recently she's started doing it with me and my dad AND my brother and sometimes my cat. >_> "Da- er -Gu- er - Rhody!"

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say what I don't like to be called but then everyone will start calling me it

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Banana...I used to get called that by one kid in particular and it was kinda annoying after a while. Also, I used to not like getting called Nay Nay, but its grown on me.