Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why 10-2 did not have LULU as main cast.

Default Why 10-2 did not have LULU as main cast.

Why 10-2 did not have LULU as main cast. My opinion LULU was too mature, classy a character. The 10 sequel was too racy and girly girly friend . I always thought LULU made an awesome character, I would fantasize about being her. She was so cool. I was so disappointed that she was replaced with Paine or whomever she was.

We had Riku , a hyper girl from highschool , and Yuna who became preppy and lost half her IQ, and last but not least a gothic chick that has social issues.

What are your thoughts. I add I have not played 10=2 all the way through yet.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would have loved for Lulu to be a main character again...
    But perhaps her maturity and calmness were the very reason she wasn't made a major character. After all, the game was about Yuna, Rikku and Paine being youthful and having wild adventures - Lulu would've been too sensible, and stopped them getting into mischief.

That was a nice quirk of X-2's plot: Spira's calm and peaceful after a thousand years, so people are finally free to have fun and actually live their lives without the constant threat of annihilation. Yuna, Rikku and Paine indulge in that, and really start to act their age again - until a similarly terrible threat emerges, and they have to rise to an all-new challenge. Lulu's been through a lot, so she's always prepared for something bad to happen. The Vegnagun crisis would've shocked her, but it would've had less of an emotional effect on her than on the others. She would've taken charge and known what the team should do, but her lack of impulsiveness might've held her back from approaching the problem in the most effective way.

Her maturity was boring, although her boobs and looks have covered that up, but yes I'd like to replace her with Pan anyday >_>

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked Lulu's maturity. It might be 'boring' to some, but it set her apart from the other cast and made her all the more appealing. Especially her reasons for being that way, and how it affected her outlook, sense of humour, etc.

Because it would have made the game better!

You're kidding, right? Lulu changing into a bunch of weird, wacky revealing costumes?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    You're kidding, right? Lulu changing into a bunch of weird, wacky revealing costumes?
    Her actual costume was pretty weird and revealing But the Dresspheres change according to whoever is using them, so Lulu's versions would (in theory) be more decent since she usually wears more clothing than the others.

She would have been what, 25 in X-2? That's practically an old hag by anime standards.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

You guys take the whole "girly girly" thing way out of proportion.

Lulu is pregnant for most of the game, so it's kind of reccomended that she stay settled down.

Besides, Paine is awesome~

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Lulu is pregnant for most of the game, so it's kind of reccomended that she stay settled down.
    Oh yeah, that too

Well hurry up girl, have the baby ! And jump back into action. LEt the baby fight with you !!

I can relate to LULU the other girls are too girly, I like lulu I dreamed about being her.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    I can relate to LULU the other girls are too girly, I like lulu I dreamed about being her.
    you said that before.

i never dreamed about being the characters but i did hear battle music while i wasn't playing like while walking around school really freaked me out

that also happened with the music from gb pokemon
    I like chocolate!! No matter what flavor you get, you can always taste the broken dreams!

~Dead people should stay dead, otherwise whats the point of killing them???

Blog Entries

She's already got two giant spheres of her own that can let her do anything!!!
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I have heard the music before too. I just welcomed the insanity .

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You have to wonder at lulu's outlook on life, jumping into three summoner's journeys, something that would almost definitely have gotten her killed if they'd finished out. Add that to her bleak feelings about Chappu, and I think you have a very morose lady that wouldn't fit in with the happy go lucky x-2 scene at all. Maybe Vidina will cheer her up