Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Jecht A Dream?? (COMPLETE SPOILER)

Default Is Jecht A Dream?? (COMPLETE SPOILER)

You know how Tidus was a dream, if he was a dream how could jecht have been his father, wasnt jecht also a dream, if jecht is a dream who is his real, we know that shuyin is tidus's dream but jecht..

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm sure Jecht has a person he was dreamed after, but it wasn't important to the story of FFX or X-2 so they didn't mention him.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I thought that it was pretty obvious that Jecht is a dream. Tidus' template may be based on Shuyin, but he is a completely different person. Relationships have no bearing after 1000 years, especially when it comes to completely different people. Jecht doesn't need a template; most likely Shuyin/Lenne was built to support FFX-2's love story, and operates in no other function.

He's a dream because:
    A) He came from Dream Zanarkand
    B) If Tidus is a dream, then his lineage must also be the same
    C) Psychotic sucks
    D) There is always a C

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I'm sure Jecht has a person he was dreamed after, but it wasn't important to the story of FFX or X-2 so they didn't mention him.
    Yes i know, and understand about Tidus Being a complete different person, but who is jecht based on, why wouldnt they mention him, after all how would the dream zanarkand be there is if wasnt summoned, when did the fayth summon and bring all these dream ppl into dream zanarkand, also why was tidus the only one who could help defeat jecht i still dont understand who Jecht dreams after..

Ject is the dream of a dream...Tidus. That is how I see it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It's more like a huge aeon than a dream.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Yeah, the term dreaming is misleading because we think of dreams as insubstantial. For DZ, the Fayth are collectively dreaming the city and everyone in it that a Summoner is channeling to give physical form using gravity and pyreflies.

In the original game, there was no evidence to suggest anyone in DZ was physically modeled on specific people instead of amalgams of several people (which was my view).

In X-2 the presence of Shuyin suggests the possibility that the citizens of could be physically modeled on people that existed in the real Zanarkand 1000 years before. But if Jecht had a specific progenator, he wouldn't be important to the plot of either game.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Jecht's what Tidus is basically :P
    jkhkjg

Quote Originally Posted by blade-maniac53 View Post
    Yes i know, and understand about Tidus Being a complete different person, but who is jecht based on, why wouldnt they mention him
    Because
    it wasn't important to the story of FFX or X-2 so they didn't mention him.
    Also, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Ject is the dream of a dream...Tidus. That is how I see it.
    Read this and understand it because it's true:
    Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Yeah, the term dreaming is misleading because we think of dreams as insubstantial. For DZ, the Fayth are collectively dreaming the city and everyone in it that a Summoner is channeling to give physical form using gravity and pyreflies.

In the original game, there was no evidence to suggest anyone in DZ was physically modeled on specific people instead of amalgams of several people (which was my view).

In X-2 the presence of Shuyin suggests the possibility that the citizens of could be physically modeled on people that existed in the real Zanarkand 1000 years before. But if Jecht had a specific progenator, he wouldn't be important to the plot of either game.
    And also:
    Quote Originally Posted by No.78 View Post
    Jecht's what Tidus is basically :P

The "dream" of Zanarkand is basically a whole frickin' pantheon of Aeons.[1] Seeing as Aeons seem "alive" in that sense (they have physical bodies that can be hit and incapacitated, even killed) it makes sense to me that they'd be capable of breeding to a certain extent; just means the Fayth have one more Aeon to upkeep. It's ever so slightly like the Matrix, only this time it's not necessarily one body per mind or vice versa .

Bit of a simplification but that's the easiest way to see it.

[1] Something like "They all became Fayth. Fayth for the Summoning."

Blog Entries

Jecht is a every girls' wet dream

there was a picture here

If you're into the "I've been rolling in the dirt" look.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Jecht is a every girls' wet dream
    Jecht is an hero. Well technically he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    If you're into the "I've been rolling in the dirt" look.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I recently beat X, it's still one of my favorite games in the series but i'm still unsure about exactly what was going on.

For one, the fayth (maybe he's Bahamut since he has the ring on his back) said that Tidus and Jecht are now more than dreams, because of their relationship to Sin. Also, you see Tidus' dead mother in the farplane, how could a dream of the fayth be a fayth? Also, the ending shows Jecht with Braska and Auron in the afterlife, and Tidus goes towards them. It seems like Tidus and jecht aren't supposed to exist, but because of what happened with Sin, they do, but because they're 'creators' stopped dreaming, they weren't allowed to live and had to go to the farplane as dead people. so what the hell is going on????

And if they aren't real, how the hell does Jecht get to Spira in the first place??? Is this in a Jecht sphere or X-2, if so just letting me know that would suffice.